Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default HATE HATE HATE SAFEWAY HATE SAFEWAY (was: SupermarketExperiences)

jmcquown wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> The Safeway here and also some other stores now have one of those
>>> annoying devices that spits your change out down at the end of the
>>> counter. People who are in a hurry tend to forget to take their
>>> change. Or sometimes maybe they just can't be bothered. It is
>>> annoying to have to take bills in change and then walk down there
>>> and get the rest of the change. I'd say at least every third time I
>>> shop there, I find someone's change left behind.

>> As a guy with a pocket for his change and a wallet for his bills, I
>> *way* prefer those to the cashier that puts a pile of change on top
>> of your bills and hands you that.

> But you get your change either way. Just reach over and grab it. Sadly, I

That's the other part: you have to be careful not to spill the change --
bills aren't very rigid, see. Getting change should not be a delicate
operation.

> think those automatic coin change things (which I remember as a novelty when
> I was a kid in the early 1960's, then they disappeared) are becoming common
> again because the "kid" cashiers can't count. (sigh)

I hope so. Scooping out the coins is a simple, non-precision action.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 11, 10:44?pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:

> You must not have kids who tag along.

You're right. But I rarely see people leave coins behind
except for those who disdain pennies. And the 1
or 2 steps are a walk you'll be taking anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:00:55 -0700, KevinS > wrote:
>
>>On Sep 11, 8:22?pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
>>
>>> The Safeway here and also some other stores now
>>> have one of those annoying devices that spits your
>>> change out down at the end of the counter. People
>>> who are in a hurry tend to forget to take their change.
>>> Or sometimes maybe they just can't be bothered. It is
>>> annoying to have to take bills in change and then walk
>>> down there and get the rest of the change.

>>I like those things for Safeway level retail. I wouldn't expect
>>to find them at Neiman Marcus. I have no problem remembering my
>>change. I wouldn't call 1 to 2 steps a
>>"walk".

> Agreed, except there is *no* walk involved unless the customer is the
> type that hogs the entire length of the isle. You stand at that
> little check writing counter thingie and extend your right arm to grab
> the change from the machine. What's so hard about that?

There's nothing hard about it. However I usually am with my daughter when I
am shopping and she will be standing by the thingie where the change comes
out. If I say to her, "Can you get my change?" I am met with a "Huh?" and a
blank stare. I must then put the bills in my wallet, somehow manage to get
her out of the way and then get the coins. It's just a pain. And it holds
up the line.

Many of the stores where I shop have a divided counter so that the shopping
cart sits before where the check cashing thing is. So I am a good cart's
length or more from where the coin thingie is when I am paying for my
groceries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> But you get your change either way. Just reach over and grab it. Sadly,
> think those automatic coin change things (which I remember as a novelty
> when
> I was a kid in the early 1960's, then they disappeared) are becoming
> common
> again because the "kid" cashiers can't count. (sigh)

Yes, you do get it. I just find it a pain to have to go into my wallet
twice. And it's true, they don't know how to make change. Once the coin
thingie broke down so the checker had to have the change in the drawer. He
didn't realize that he was supposed to give it out, so he wasn't. Each
customer had to tell him they didn't get their change. That really held
things up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:35:48 -0700, Zilbandy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:51:46 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>You stand at that
>>little check writing counter thingie and extend your right arm to grab
>>the change from the machine. What's so hard about that?

>What if you're left handed? ::confused look on my face::

So you're really saying is that left handers are handicapped?

Throw me a bone here.... I'm not understanding why you're so confused.

)
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:18:47 GMT, hahabogus > wrote:

>sf wrote in :

Snip lots of stuff that goes with grocery stores of 10,000 sf. Yawn.

> I don't shop there...I only
>go there to get clam juice as it is the only close store that carries it
>and I do make clam chowder 2 or 3 times a year. Other than that I have no
>need of Safeway.

In that case, if you can get clam juice any other place.... avoid
Safeway, Albertsons, etc.

I remember back when some markets made the change to "super" markets
and my parents were absolutely agog that they could buy a BROOM at the
grocery store. Everything else is icing on the cake to me.

I don't mind megastores, but the thing that turns me off about them is
the LONG isles with is no turning back. I dislike that - even in
smaller stores. It took a total control freak to think of that one!

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Zilbandy wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:51:46 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>You stand at that little check writing counter thingie and extend your
>>right arm to grab the change from the machine. What's so hard about
>>that?

> What if you're left handed? ::confused look on my face::

The machine's typically on your right. As a right-handed person, I'd
guess that most righties can pick up some change with their left hand if
required. I don't know a lot of lefties, so I'll have to ask if
lefthandness is so much more dominant that the off hand is pretty much
useless for something as simple and nonprecision as picking up something
like a couple of quarters and three dimes?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> I don't mind megastores, but the thing that turns me off about them is
> the LONG isles with is no turning back.

That's something I noticed when I started shopping at a larger supermarket.
The aisles went on and on, compared to my compact ACME, and it added about
five aisles. So naturally they can carry more brands of products and by time
I get to the checkout lane my feet are sore.

Credit them for wide and bright aisles and lower prices but, my aching
paws!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Sep 2007 20:31:54 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>> On 12 Sep 2007 00:23:08 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
>> wrote:

>>>Such thievery! Only 50 cents in coin when they *actually* owe you 50
>>>cents! Bastages!

>> it's a ****ing outrage! safeway will deserve it if he begins to
>> shoplift in retaliation.

>They have policies about shrinkage and it's accounted for in their
>financial overview. Better would be for him to sneak food *into* the
>store and put it on the shelves; there are no procedures to account for
>expandage.

i think that's part of my clutter problem. reverse burglars are
breaking into my house and leaving stuff there. it's maddening.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:35:48 -0700, Zilbandy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:51:46 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>You stand at that
>>little check writing counter thingie and extend your right arm to grab
>>the change from the machine. What's so hard about that?

>What if you're left handed? ::confused look on my face::

you spin around three-and-a-half times so you're facing in the
opposite direction. the cashier will then direct your hand to the
change machine. don't worry about looking silly; they do this all the
time.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:31:45 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>>
>> It was a thread filled with petty complaints - just like yours. So,
>> how do you like walking around under that black cloud?

>I'm feeling just great, myself.
>You've got a lot of ego invested
>in insinuating otherwise.
>
>If that's the only thing that makes you happy,
>go for it! You need it more than I do.

<snort>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 12, 12:35 pm, Zilbandy > wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 06:51:46 -0700, sf wrote:
> >You stand at that
> >little check writing counter thingie and extend your right arm to grab
> >the change from the machine. What's so hard about that?

> What if you're left handed? ::confused look on my face::
>
> --
> Zilbandy

You turn around with your back to the cashier and the change tray, and
reach behind you with your left hand to retrieve it. LOL.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 12, 12:24 pm, Andy <q> wrote:

> I'm still a BUM!!! when it comes to clipping coupons but I never forgot
> some TV advice from a couponaholic, "For the greatest savings, always buy
> the smallest size of that item allowed."

I've never really understood that. (Of course, I don't make much use
of
coupons, since I have my favorite brands which I buy regardless of
whether
I have a coupon or what's on sale.)

A 50-cent coupon is a 50-cent coupon, isn't it? Sure, I might save a
bigger
percentage if I buy the smallest size, but the stuff won't last as
long and I'll just
have to buy more next time.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> I don't mind megastores, but the thing that turns me off about them is
> the LONG isles with is no turning back. I dislike that - even in
> smaller stores. It took a total control freak to think of that one!

Back in the early days of supermarkets, there was one
chain which tried having a single aisle that snaked
through the whole store, forcing the customer to
pass by EVERYTHING. You woulda gone nuts in there!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote

> sf wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind megastores, but the thing that turns me off about them is
>> the LONG isles with is no turning back. I dislike that - even in
>> smaller stores. It took a total control freak to think of that one!

> Back in the early days of supermarkets, there was one
> chain which tried having a single aisle that snaked
> through the whole store, forcing the customer to
> pass by EVERYTHING. You woulda gone nuts in there!

I saw something not too long ago about the first market type
place where you would pick out your own groceries. Back
when you would hand the guy a list and he'd shop for you, this
was something new. The interesting part of the story, to me,
was that this guy who came up with the concept was the founder
of Piggly Wiggly?

Doesn't not compute. Guess I have a hard time thinking of
Piggly Wiggly being such an old chain.

At any rate, this looked to me like you would have to go through
the whole store in order to get through to the checkout. Can you
imagine, what a dreadful concept. One slowpoke and you'd have
mutiny of sorts on your hands.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton said...

> On Sep 12, 12:24 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> I'm still a BUM!!! when it comes to clipping coupons but I never forgot
>> some TV advice from a couponaholic, "For the greatest savings, always

buy
>> the smallest size of that item allowed."

> I've never really understood that. (Of course, I don't make much use
> of
> coupons, since I have my favorite brands which I buy regardless of
> whether
> I have a coupon or what's on sale.)
>
> A 50-cent coupon is a 50-cent coupon, isn't it? Sure, I might save a
> bigger
> percentage if I buy the smallest size, but the stuff won't last as
> long and I'll just
> have to buy more next time.
>

> Cindy Hamilton

Cindy,

[Man.Fac.Coup] Baked Beans: $0.50 Off.

For a $1.00 (8oz.) and $2.00 can (16oz)...

You'll pay $0.50 for the $1.00 can. 50% savings
You'll pay $1.50 for the $2.00 can. 25% savings

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default HATE HATE HATE SAFEWAY HATE SAFEWAY

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:57:03 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I saw something not too long ago about the first market type
>> place where you would pick out your own groceries. Back
>> when you would hand the guy a list and he'd shop for you, this
>> was something new. The interesting part of the story, to me,
>> was that this guy who came up with the concept was the founder
>> of Piggly Wiggly?
>>
>> Doesn't not compute. Guess I have a hard time thinking of
>> Piggly Wiggly being such an old chain.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggly_wiggly

I never even heard of Piggly Wiggly until maybe ... 15 years ago?

The story was interesting (I must have seen it on Food Network,
where else), and the link was interesting, and reassures me I didn't
make it up. Thanks.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 13, 12:57?pm, Nancy Young wrote:

> I saw something not too long ago about the first market
> type place where you would pick out your own
> groceries. Back when you would hand the guy a list and
> he'd shop for you, this was something new. The interesting > part of the story, to me, was that this guy who came up with > the concept was the founder of Piggly Wiggly?
>
> Doesn't not compute. Guess I have a hard time thinking of
> Piggly Wiggly being such an old chain.

I think I've read about PW being the first self-serve market.
Had I not, I would have guessed something like A&P.

When I was in grade school, we used a small grocer, a
butcher shop and a fish (seafood, if you prefer, but I
recall they called themselves a fish store) store. My
mother usually ordered by phone in the morning and
the order was delivered in the afternoon. They'd send a
bill at the end of the month. The butcher always offered
little kids a slice of balogna. If you went personally to the
grocer, one of the owners gathered the items on your
list. Civilized, I think.

Sometime in the early 60's my mother started using a
supermarket for groceries, excluding meat and fish.
The chain was Daitch Shopwell. I don't know whether
it still exists. This was in the suburbs of Manhattan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>They have policies about shrinkage and it's accounted for in their
>>financial overview. Better would be for him to sneak food *into* the
>>store and put it on the shelves; there are no procedures to account for
>>expandage.

> i think that's part of my clutter problem. reverse burglars are
> breaking into my house and leaving stuff there. it's maddening.

Hehehehe. That must be what's happening in here too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Sep 12, 12:24 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> I'm still a BUM!!! when it comes to clipping coupons but I never forgot
>> some TV advice from a couponaholic, "For the greatest savings, always buy
>> the smallest size of that item allowed."

> I've never really understood that. (Of course, I don't make much use
> of
> coupons, since I have my favorite brands which I buy regardless of
> whether
> I have a coupon or what's on sale.)
>
> A 50-cent coupon is a 50-cent coupon, isn't it? Sure, I might save a
> bigger
> percentage if I buy the smallest size, but the stuff won't last as
> long and I'll just
> have to buy more next time.

Depends on the price of the item. If it's on sale, you can sometimes get it
for free using a coupon. And in some areas they have double and triple
coupon days. When I was living on Cape Cod, I remember a few stores doing
that. Of course I never seemed to remember to shop on those days, or if I
did, I had no coupons.

Since the bulk of what I buy is fresh food, I don't often have a use for
coupons. However today I've decided to put them to a new use. Or some of
them anyway... Somebody here mentioned buying tuna and getting a coupon for
a competitor's brand. That was annoying to me because with stuff like that
I tend to be brand loyal. And in the case of tuna, there is only one brand
that my daughter is not allergic to. So what did I get? A coupon for a
free 3 oz. packet of the stuff she is allergic to. Then it dawned on me
that it is non-perishable. Or pretty much so. So I got it anyway and will
save it for when there is a food drive for the needy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:08:02 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> Cindy Hamilton said...
>>
>>> A 50-cent coupon is a 50-cent coupon, isn't it? Sure, I might save a
>>> bigger
>>> percentage if I buy the smallest size, but the stuff won't last as
>>> long and I'll just
>>> have to buy more next time.

>> [Man.Fac.Coup] Baked Beans: $0.50 Off.
>>
>> For a $1.00 (8oz.) and $2.00 can (16oz)...

> On average, you only pay 50% more for twice as much.
>
>> You'll pay $0.50 for the $1.00 can. 50% savings
>> You'll pay $1.50 for the $2.00 can. 25% savings

> But when you have to buy the item again next week/month, you'll
> pay the non-discounted price. So it really doesn't make any
> difference in the long run for regularly stocked items.

Unless it is something you wouldn't buy next month. Now me, I tend to buy
the same brands. Not everyone does. I know some people who shop coupons
only.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> sf wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind megastores, but the thing that turns me off about them is
>> the LONG isles with is no turning back. I dislike that - even in
>> smaller stores. It took a total control freak to think of that one!

> Back in the early days of supermarkets, there was one
> chain which tried having a single aisle that snaked
> through the whole store, forcing the customer to
> pass by EVERYTHING. You woulda gone nuts in there!

Some of the military commissaries are that way. And not only that but they
make them one way only. Woe be to the person who forgot something and has
to sneak back to another aisle. You have to do it without your cart because
there's no way to get back past all the other shoppers.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message

>> Back in the early days of supermarkets, there was one
>> chain which tried having a single aisle that snaked
>> through the whole store, forcing the customer to
>> pass by EVERYTHING. You woulda gone nuts in there!

> Some of the military commissaries are that way. And not only that but
> they make them one way only. Woe be to the person who forgot something
> and has to sneak back to another aisle. You have to do it without your
> cart because there's no way to get back past all the other shoppers.

I can just picture what the fire department would have to say
about the whole concept.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:27:50 GMT, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Some of the military commissaries are that way. And not only that but
>> they
>> make them one way only. Woe be to the person who forgot something and
>> has
>> to sneak back to another aisle. You have to do it without your cart
>> because
>> there's no way to get back past all the other shoppers.

> Do they have tires, monkey bars, and a swinging ropes as you go
> through it?

Shhhhhh! Don't give them any ideas! It is the military you know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote
>
>> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message

>>> Back in the early days of supermarkets, there was one
>>> chain which tried having a single aisle that snaked
>>> through the whole store, forcing the customer to
>>> pass by EVERYTHING. You woulda gone nuts in there!

>> Some of the military commissaries are that way. And not only that but
>> they make them one way only. Woe be to the person who forgot something
>> and has to sneak back to another aisle. You have to do it without your
>> cart because there's no way to get back past all the other shoppers.

> I can just picture what the fire department would have to say
> about the whole concept.

No doubt they have their own little fire dept. on base who probably doesn't
say too much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On 12 Sep 2007 20:31:54 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
> wrote:
>
>>blake murphy wrote:

>>> it's a ****ing outrage! safeway will deserve it if he begins to
>>> shoplift in retaliation.

>>They have policies about shrinkage and it's accounted for in their
>>financial overview. Better would be for him to sneak food *into* the
>>store and put it on the shelves; there are no procedures to account for
>>expandage.

> i think that's part of my clutter problem. reverse burglars are
> breaking into my house and leaving stuff there. it's maddening.

And let me guess: it's all low-quality stuff. Packard Bell computers,
Hamburger Helper, Google Groups accounts......

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> At any rate, this looked to me like you would have to go through
> the whole store in order to get through to the checkout. Can you
> imagine, what a dreadful concept. One slowpoke and you'd have
> mutiny of sorts on your hands.

Feh <shrug> What else do ya think they had to do? Go home and watch TV
or get on the computer?

LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:26:26 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>Unless it is something you wouldn't buy next month. Now me, I tend to buy
>the same brands. Not everyone does. I know some people who shop coupons
>only.

Hubby was saying today that the reason why he likes Safeway over
Alberstons is two reasons.... Safeway has more brands and they rotate
the brands on sale. He says they put very brand will be on sale in
different weeks. So if you need tissue and you want a certain brand,
all you do is wait for the brand's rotation. Personally, I think he
should unretire because he's driving me nuts with this kind of
information.
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:57:57 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>i think that's part of my clutter problem. reverse burglars are
>breaking into my house and leaving stuff there. it's maddening.

LOL. Where does all the stuff come from? We moved 2 months ago and
we're still digging through stuff. One of the kids wanted an extra
bed we had so we borrowed a truck and brought it to her. She called
the next day and said she had decided she wanted a new one from IKEA.
So we had to borrow the truck again and get the damn thing back.
(Gurrrrr..) We've got 6 bedrooms between our 2 places and still have
3 beds in storage. It's insane.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:19:41 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>They have policies about shrinkage and it's accounted for in their
>>>financial overview. Better would be for him to sneak food *into* the
>>>store and put it on the shelves; there are no procedures to account for
>>>expandage.

>> i think that's part of my clutter problem. reverse burglars are
>> breaking into my house and leaving stuff there. it's maddening.

>Hehehehe. That must be what's happening in here too!

seriously. and when i call the police, they laugh at me.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:49:12 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:26:26 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
>wrote:
>
>>Unless it is something you wouldn't buy next month. Now me, I tend to buy
>>the same brands. Not everyone does. I know some people who shop coupons
>>only.
>>

>Hubby was saying today that the reason why he likes Safeway over
>Alberstons is two reasons.... Safeway has more brands and they rotate
>the brands on sale. He says they put very brand will be on sale in
>different weeks. So if you need tissue and you want a certain brand,
>all you do is wait for the brand's rotation. Personally, I think he
>should unretire because he's driving me nuts with this kind of
>information.

when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
years is wrong.'

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
> years is wrong.'
>
> your pal,
> blake

It works the other way 'round, too. ;-)
Yes, I know, you were hyperbol-ing.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
> years is wrong.'

Hell, I'd be happy to let him show me how it's all s'posed to be done.
He'd have to show me lots of times, too, onna counta me being a slow
learner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:12:04 -0500, Kathleen
> wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>
>> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
>> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
>> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
>> years is wrong.'

>Hell, I'd be happy to let him show me how it's all s'posed to be done.
>He'd have to show me lots of times, too, onna counta me being a slow
>learner.

You're an evil woman, Kathleen... but I like your thinking anyway.

--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:51:06 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
>> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
>> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
>> years is wrong.'
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>It works the other way 'round, too. ;-)
>Yes, I know, you were hyperbol-ing.
>Dee Dee

she might have been, but that's pretty much a direct quote.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:12:04 -0500, Kathleen
> wrote:

>blake murphy wrote:
>
>> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
>> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
>> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
>> years is wrong.'

>Hell, I'd be happy to let him show me how it's all s'posed to be done.
>He'd have to show me lots of times, too, onna counta me being a slow
>learner.

my dad would have caught on after the fourth or fifth time.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:51:06 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
>>> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
>>> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
>>> years is wrong.'
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>>It works the other way 'round, too. ;-)
>>Yes, I know, you were hyperbol-ing.
>>Dee Dee
>>

> she might have been, but that's pretty much a direct quote.
>
> your pal,
> blake

A few nights ago I watched this movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116480/
Hamsun --
his wife could do no right. But, of course, there was more to the movie
than this.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathleen wrote:
> blake murphy wrote:
>
>> when my father was home recuperating from a heart attack, i asked my
>> mom how she was getting along with the old man hanging around all day.
>> she said, 'well, i found out everything i've been doing for thirty
>> years is wrong.'

> Hell, I'd be happy to let him show me how it's all s'posed to be done.
> He'd have to show me lots of times, too, onna counta me being a slow
> learner.

Very interesting... (taking notes from Kathleen}!

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:51:27 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:51:06 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
>> wrote:

>>>It works the other way 'round, too. ;-)
>>>Yes, I know, you were hyperbol-ing.
>>>Dee Dee
>>>

>> she might have been, but that's pretty much a direct quote.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>A few nights ago I watched this movie
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116480/
>Hamsun --
>his wife could do no right. But, of course, there was more to the movie
>than this.
>Dee Dee

did she murder him? i love happy endings.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:51:27 -0400, "Dee Dee" >
> wrote:
>

>>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
>>news

m...

>>> she might have been, but that's pretty much a direct quote.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>>A few nights ago I watched this movie
>>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116480/
>>Hamsun --
>>his wife could do no right. But, of course, there was more to the movie
>>than this.
>>Dee Dee
>>

> did she murder him? i love happy endings.
>
> your pal,
> blake

No, but I would've been tempted. The only happy ending was that he died --
at last, finally -- at the age of 93, and she was 20 years younger.
Dee Dee

My supermarket experiences in the US Giusi General Cooking 157 02-04-2011 01:24 AM
Santa Fe Experiences Ed Rasimus Wine 9 20-06-2004 06:46 PM
New experiences with Nutella Dennis Spexet General Cooking 42 17-04-2004 12:27 AM
"SuperMarket Me" - A documentary on my health problems from eating supermarket food mrbog General Cooking 45 20-02-2004 10:06 PM
Vendor Experiences Mike Petro Tea 21 13-02-2004 06:11 PM