Joanie

Default Rachael Ray for Burger King

I didn't see any mention here of this commercial and it sure was
new to me. Schilling for BK's grilled chicken sandwiches. I'd
have less of a problem if the picture of the sandwich actually
looked somewhat appealing but the chicken breast looks flat and
fake and not so great. Maybe she should have thought twice.

Joanie
Jimmy Tango

"Joanie" > wrote in message
> I didn't see any mention here of this commercial and it sure was
> new to me. Schilling for BK's grilled chicken sandwiches. I'd
> have less of a problem if the picture of the sandwich actually
> looked somewhat appealing but the chicken breast looks flat and
> fake and not so great. Maybe she should have thought twice.
>

> Joanie

Thought twice about what? Getting a lot of money for sitting there
exclaiming over a second rate sandwich? We've got Emeril touting orange
flavoured toothpaste, after all! I'm just waiting for Ina Garten to start
promoting Hanes Her Way.......[puke]

WardNA

>breast looks flat and
>fake and not so great. Maybe she should have thought twice

unkind thing to say
Virginia Tadrzynski

"Joanie" > wrote in message
> I didn't see any mention here of this commercial and it sure was
> new to me. Schilling for BK's grilled chicken sandwiches. I'd
> have less of a problem if the picture of the sandwich actually
> looked somewhat appealing but the chicken breast looks flat and
> fake and not so great. Maybe she should have thought twice.
>

> Joanie

Reminds me of the old story about a respected lady from the 'right' side of
the tracks who, while at a dinner party where a high ranking dignitary was
present, was asked by said dignitary if she would sleep with him for $10
million. Gushing at the thought of being singled out, and blushing like
the young girl she wasn't, she replied, but of course, Í'd be flattered.

Later on, the same dignitary approached her privately and offered $100 for
the same consideration. 'Sir', she gasped, 'what do you take me for?".
The answer was......'we've already established what you are, all we are
doing now is dickering over the price.'

Rachel Ray sold out to the highest bidder, which was BK, crappy as the
sandwiches may be........

-Ginny

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Rachel Ray sold out to the highest bidder, which was BK, crappy as the
> sandwiches may be........
>
> -Ginny

To me, BK is at about the same level as Rachel Ray. Rick Bayless, on the
other hand...what the hell was *he* thinking? I can't believe the same man
who cares so much for the quality of food at his restaurants (he doesn't
even want people to order take-out) is promoting crap like BK. What a
disappointment.

rona

alzelt

> "Joanie" > wrote in message
>
>>I didn't see any mention here of this commercial and it sure was
>>new to me. Schilling for BK's grilled chicken sandwiches. I'd
>>have less of a problem if the picture of the sandwich actually
>>looked somewhat appealing but the chicken breast looks flat and
>>fake and not so great. Maybe she should have thought twice.
>>

>>Joanie

Schilling? Is that a play on words?
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Toe Tag

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 03:00:49 -0400, in <rec.food.cooking>, Ian Henley >

>> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
>> >

>> <snip>
>> >
>> > Rachel Ray sold out to the highest bidder, which was BK, crappy as the
>> > sandwiches may be........
>> >
>> > -Ginny
>> >

>> To me, BK is at about the same level as Rachel Ray.

>To me, she's even lower.

homo
Karen O'Mara

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message >...
> To me, BK is at about the same level as Rachel Ray. Rick Bayless, on the
> other hand...what the hell was *he* thinking? I can't believe the same man
> who cares so much for the quality of food at his restaurants (he doesn't
> even want people to order take-out) is promoting crap like BK. What a
> disappointment.

Well, that's what I was thinking, too...

Karen
Ian Henley

Toe Tag <> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 03:00:49 -0400, in <rec.food.cooking>, Ian Henley >

> >> "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
> >> >
> >> <snip>

> >> To me, BK is at about the same level as Rachel Ray.

> >To me, she's even lower.

> homo

Me? Nah. I am attracted to educated women who act their age, but if talk-outta-
the-side-of-her-crass-sounding-mouth broads are less of a threat to you, knock
yerself out.

JaKe

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

> To me, BK is at about the same level as Rachel Ray. Rick Bayless, on the
> other hand...what the hell was *he* thinking? I can't believe the same man
> who cares so much for the quality of food at his restaurants (he doesn't
> even want people to order take-out) is promoting crap like BK. What a
> disappointment.
>
> rona

I agree, what was Bayless thinking? Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

--
JaKe, Seattle
"Smooth jazz is elevator music"
Steve Seydell {CMXS76}

In article >,
Rona Yuthasastrakosol > wrote:

>"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message
>>

><snip>
>>
>> Rachel Ray sold out to the highest bidder, which was BK, crappy as the
>> sandwiches may be........
>>
>> -Ginny
>>

>To me, BK is at about the same level as Rachel Ray. Rick Bayless, on the
>other hand...what the hell was *he* thinking? I can't believe the same man
>who cares so much for the quality of food at his restaurants (he doesn't
>even want people to order take-out) is promoting crap like BK. What a
>disappointment.
>
>rona

There was an article in this week's chicago tribune about this and Rick's
reason for doing the comercial seems sound to me. Here's a link to the
story (though you may need to register):

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featur...,4111213.story

Here's an excerpt, after being asked how he can treat his reputation
like a pinata:

"You know, obviously that crossed my mind a lot," Bayless says. "But if someone is taking steps in the right direction, I have to say when it's a good thing."

The good thing, in Bayless' view, is a fast-food sandwich that's 350 calories and only 5 grams of fat, a huge improvement over most fast-food sandwiches.

The Santa Fe Baguette, the one featured in the commercial (there's a Savory Mustard Baguette too) smothers a grilled chicken fillet with a mix of roasted tomatoes, bell peppers and poblano peppers. "It's really more of a Mexican profile than you expect," Bayless says. "The peppers and onions are never frozen, but roasted and shipped directly to each store; it's much less processed that way. And they're baking the bread in each unit, so the roll has a nice fresh crust."

The chicken itself, Bayless concedes, "is processed more than I'd like. It's all breast meat, but it's been chopped up some, so it doesn't have that completely fresh-chicken texture. But the fact that the chicken isn't fried is a big plus. And I think in flavor and mouth-feel that it's much less processed than other fast-food offerings."

"I know that some people aren't going to understand," Bayless says. "I've been a pretty loud voice about how fast food's got to get its act together, to use more healthy food and less processed food. But I endorse anything that I think is a step in the right direction."

"You know, if I stick my head in the sand and say, `Fast food is awful, I want all fast food to go away,' that's really a stupid position on my part," Bayless says. "A huge percentage of the American public eats fast food every day. It's not going to go away, certainly not in my lifetime. If we can encourage the fast-food companies [to provide healthier meals], I think that's very important."

--
Steven Seydell

Paul M. Cook©®

"Joanie" > wrote in message
> I didn't see any mention here of this commercial and it sure was
> new to me. Schilling for BK's grilled chicken sandwiches. I'd
> have less of a problem if the picture of the sandwich actually
> looked somewhat appealing but the chicken breast looks flat and
> fake and not so great. Maybe she should have thought twice.

Saw it last night. She's an odd pick for a celebrity. Who outside FoodTV
knows who she is? I see Jaqui Maloof occasionally in commercials but she is
never hawking anything food related so it makes sense. I have to admit
Rachel is wearing me a tad thin these days. That giggle seems more and more
contrived and her show just seems like so much of the same thing every time.
Oh well, nothing good ever lasted and that includes FoodTV.

Paul

Joanie

In article >
"Paul M. Cook©®" > writes:

> Saw it last night. She's an odd pick for a celebrity. Who outside FoodTV
> knows who she is? I see Jaqui Maloof occasionally in commercials but she is
> never hawking anything food related so it makes sense. I have to admit
> Rachel is wearing me a tad thin these days. That giggle seems more and more
> contrived

It's that gigglle that most drives me crazy.

Joanie
John Misrahi

>>> Saw it last night. She's an odd pick for a celebrity. Who outside

FoodTV
>>> knows who she is? I see Jaqui Maloof occasionally in commercials but

she is
>>> never hawking anything food related so it makes sense. I have to admit
>>> Rachel is wearing me a tad thin these days. That giggle seems more and

more
>>> contrived

>>It's that gigglle that most drives me crazy.

>Crazy as in a lustful attraction, or crazy as in murderous rampage?
>
>-sw

Now, if they put Nigella Lawson in a commercial.....I would probably buy a
sawdust sandwich on cardboard with wallpaper paste...

john

Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"JaKe" > wrote in message

> I agree, what was Bayless thinking? Oh yeah, $$$$$$$$$$$$$
>
> --
> JaKe, Seattle
> "Smooth jazz is elevator music"
> Drummer Joe Chambers

After reading the link that Steve posted, I did a little more research and
was referred to
http://www.fronterakitchens.com/rick...wbk/index.html . After
reading that, I think I must rethink my position. He did what he did for a
reason, and it wasn't the money (he made no profit from it).

Just proving once again, that I should stop judging before I know all the
facts. Or that I should just stop judging altogether?

rona

Gar

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:47:21 -0500, "Rona Yuthasastrakosol"
> wrote:

>Just proving once again, that I should stop judging before I know all the
>facts. Or that I should just stop judging altogether?

When you figure out how to do that please post the recipe. Many here
INCLUDING myself could use it.

Gar
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Gar" > wrote in message

> When you figure out how to do that please post the recipe. Many here
> INCLUDING myself could use it.
>
> Gar

But then how would we have any fun? :-) I think it's part of human nature
to judge and sometimes it's even a little fun (or a lot fun, depending on
the situation--and only for the judge, not the judged). My problem is with
*voicing* my judgments, rather than keeping them to myself. That's really
where I get screwed up! Like my friend's professor once said--we can't
control our thoughts, but we *can* control what we do with them.

rona

sd

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> We tried the sandwiches today, by the way. Not to be recommended.

Ditto for the Santa Fe Chicken Baguette: A piece of injected chicken
adrift in a sea of tomatoey sauce, a few pieces of diced onion, and lots
and lots of roasted red peppers (which I like far more than they like
me). By the time I got the peppers off, there was little reason to eat
the sandwich. Back to McDonald's for salads, I guess.

sd
mgeost

If there has ever been a more foolish apology, I've yet to see it.

He sold out and he sold out BIG TIME. File that man's name under W for Worm.

Seems like he'd have the common decency to sell out to Taco Bell.

KING BURGER brooklyn1 General Cooking 14 25-11-2009 02:21 PM
World's most expensive ($200) Burger King burger Corey Richardson General Cooking 7 31-07-2008 12:53 PM
Burger King Fries jt august[_3_] Recipes (moderated) 0 09-06-2007 04:41 AM
Burger King Tacos Name Mexican Cooking 13 10-02-2005 11:06 AM
Who's the ass in the Burger King ads? Doug Norris Barbecue 18 13-11-2003 10:41 PM