Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default garlic bread

had seen a recipe request for a garlic bread. i had made garlic bread
the other day ,it came out pretty well.i used herbed mozzarella.check
it out http://theloveforfood.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-07-24, > wrote:
> had seen a recipe request for a garlic bread. i had made garlic bread
> the other day ,it came out pretty well.i used herbed mozzarella.check
> it out
http://theloveforfood.blogspot.com/

Sorry, no cigar.

1 cube real salted butter
10-20 cloves of fresh garlic (hey, I like garlic!
finely chopped parsley

Early in the morning or night before, take room temp butter and put in
a butter sized container. Add CRUSHED[1] garlic and parsley, blend
thoroughly, and let sit all damn day! Spread on bread, broil, have
heart attack and die ....or not!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2007-07-24,
> > wrote:
>> had seen a recipe request for a garlic bread. i had made garlic bread
>> the other day ,it came out pretty well.i used herbed mozzarella.check
>> it out
http://theloveforfood.blogspot.com/

> Sorry, no cigar.
>
> 1 cube real salted butter
> 10-20 cloves of fresh garlic (hey, I like garlic!
> finely chopped parsley
>
> Early in the morning or night before, take room temp butter and put in
> a butter sized container. Add CRUSHED[1] garlic and parsley, blend
> thoroughly, and let sit all damn day! Spread on bread, broil, have
> heart attack and die ....or not!
>
> nb

You forgot the parmesan cheese!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> notbob wrote:
>> On 2007-07-24,
>> > wrote:
>>> had seen a recipe request for a garlic bread. i had made garlic bread
>>> the other day ,it came out pretty well.i used herbed mozzarella.check
>>> it out
http://theloveforfood.blogspot.com/

>> Sorry, no cigar.
>>
>> 1 cube real salted butter
>> 10-20 cloves of fresh garlic (hey, I like garlic!
>> finely chopped parsley
>>
>> Early in the morning or night before, take room temp butter and put in
>> a butter sized container. Add CRUSHED[1] garlic and parsley, blend
>> thoroughly, and let sit all damn day! Spread on bread, broil, have
>> heart attack and die ....or not!
>>
>> nb

> You forgot the parmesan cheese!
>
> kili

I'd like to think he knew what he was doing when he didn't mention the
cheese. Matter of fact, I wouldn't have mentioned the parsley!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>> 1 cube real salted butter
>>> 10-20 cloves of fresh garlic (hey, I like garlic!
>>> finely chopped parsley
>>>
>>> Early in the morning or night before, take room temp butter and put in
>>> a butter sized container. Add CRUSHED[1] garlic and parsley, blend
>>> thoroughly, and let sit all damn day! Spread on bread, broil, have
>>> heart attack and die ....or not!
>>>
>>> nb

>> You forgot the parmesan cheese!
>>
>> kili

> I'd like to think he knew what he was doing when he didn't mention the
> cheese. Matter of fact, I wouldn't have mentioned the parsley!
>
> Felice

I like to add grated cheese like a mix I get at Trader Joe's called
quattro formagio plus a parmesan cheese. Mine is more of a cheese
garlic bread rather than just garlic bread. But can induce a heart
attack just as well.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MayQueen wrote:

>>> You forgot the parmesan cheese!
>>>
>>> kili

>> I'd like to think he knew what he was doing when he didn't mention
>> the cheese. Matter of fact, I wouldn't have mentioned the parsley!
>>
>> Felice
>>

> I like to add grated cheese like a mix I get at Trader Joe's called
> quattro formagio plus a parmesan cheese. Mine is more of a cheese
> garlic bread rather than just garlic bread. But can induce a heart
> attack just as well.

I like a cheese garlic bread, too. (Although when it cools a bit, you tend
to bite off all the cheese.) LOL.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf sf is offline

On Jul 24, 5:33 pm, MayQueen > wrote:

> >> You forgot the parmesan cheese!

> >> kili

> > I'd like to think he knew what he was doing when he didn't mention the
> > cheese. Matter of fact, I wouldn't have mentioned the parsley!

> > Felice

> I like to add grated cheese like a mix I get at Trader Joe's called
> quattro formagio plus a parmesan cheese. Mine is more of a cheese
> garlic bread rather than just garlic bread. But can induce a heart
> attack just as well.
>
> --
> Queenie

Hold the fort here, girlie! Doesn't garlic help prevent heart
attacks? Sheesh! As far as I know "heart attack on a plate" doesn't
include garlic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:20:26 -0500, notbob >
magnanimously proffered:

>On 2007-07-24, > wrote:
>> had seen a recipe request for a garlic bread. i had made garlic bread
>> the other day ,it came out pretty well.i used herbed mozzarella.check
>> it out
http://theloveforfood.blogspot.com/

>Sorry, no cigar.
>
>1 cube real salted butter
>10-20 cloves of fresh garlic (hey, I like garlic!
>finely chopped parsley
>
>Early in the morning or night before, take room temp butter and put in
>a butter sized container. Add CRUSHED[1] garlic and parsley, blend
>thoroughly, and let sit all damn day! Spread on bread, broil, have
>heart attack and die ....or not!
>
>nb

Sounds perfect to this garlicaholic, except for the parsley. However,
since I tend to use lots of garlic in just about everything, I put
fresh parsley on the table because eating it with something with lots
of garlic helps to zap garlic breath and the smell of garlic coming
through the skin. b

..
--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> I like to add grated cheese like a mix I get at Trader Joe's called
>> quattro formagio plus a parmesan cheese. Mine is more of a cheese
>> garlic bread rather than just garlic bread. But can induce a heart
>> attack just as well.
>>
>> --
>> Queenie
>>

> Hold the fort here, girlie! Doesn't garlic help prevent heart
> attacks? Sheesh! As far as I know "heart attack on a plate" doesn't
> include garlic.

So can I safely say now that the garlic counteracts the butter and
cheese on the heart attack front? And now I can consider this wonderful
concoction health food?

I'm totally there!
--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> So can I safely say now that the garlic counteracts the butter and
> cheese on the heart attack front?

And with a glass of red wine you'll come out ahead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:03:28 +1200, bob >
wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:20:26 -0500, notbob >
>magnanimously proffered:
>
>>On 2007-07-24, > wrote:
>>> had seen a recipe request for a garlic bread. i had made garlic bread
>>> the other day ,it came out pretty well.i used herbed mozzarella.check
>>> it out
http://theloveforfood.blogspot.com/

>>Sorry, no cigar.
>>
>>1 cube real salted butter
>>10-20 cloves of fresh garlic (hey, I like garlic!
>>finely chopped parsley
>>
>>Early in the morning or night before, take room temp butter and put in
>>a butter sized container. Add CRUSHED[1] garlic and parsley, blend
>>thoroughly, and let sit all damn day! Spread on bread, broil, have
>>heart attack and die ....or not!
>>
>>nb

>Sounds perfect to this garlicaholic, except for the parsley. However,
>since I tend to use lots of garlic in just about everything, I put
>fresh parsley on the table because eating it with something with lots
>of garlic helps to zap garlic breath and the smell of garlic coming
>through the skin. b
>

>.

I read in a garlic cook book that peppermint oil, not the cooking kind
of oil but the therapeutic oil, rubbed on the soles of your feet will
prevent the smell of garlic coming through the skin.

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/22

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw