levelwave

Default Mandoline Plug

Welp... it finally arrived...my Kuhn Rikon hand-held Mandoline finally
came in the mail today...

http://www.chefscatalog.com/store/ca...d=cprod2810077

A good quality Mandoline is one of those things that I always thought
would come in handy - when it's needed - but unfortunately costs too
damn much to talk myself into buying one... until I stumbled upon this
bad boy... I'm not a schmucko for silly kitchen gadgets as I tend to
enjoy prepping my food... it relaxes me... but this caught my
attention... it seems the only thing that slows me down when preparing
dinner is trying to get paper thin slices of garlic churned out at a
reasonable speed... This Mandoline can give me PERFECTLY thin slices of
garlic faster than I can peel the darned things... Works wonders on
Potatoes too...best $19.99 I've spent...

~john!

--
What was it like to see - the face of your own stability - suddenly look
away...

Richard's ~JA~

john! writes of a hand-held mandolin....

Gee, that would be a great quickie for the smaller amounts of cutting to
do, rather than pull out the large (and exceptionally great) one I use
when making bigger dishes needing several things sliced. I may just go
ahead and get one, thanks for the plug.

Picky ~JA~

Tim Challenger

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:22:55 -0700 (PDT), Richard's ~JA~ wrote:

> john! writes of a hand-held mandolin....

> Gee, that would be a great quickie for the smaller amounts of cutting to
> do, rather than pull out the large (and exceptionally great) one I use
> when making bigger dishes needing several things sliced. I may just go
> ahead and get one, thanks for the plug.

> Picky ~JA~

I suppose if you have large amounts, you could use a guitar or a chello.
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.
texpat

I bought a Zyliss (sp?) for $50, and it works great for everything I need.

I'm sure if I were cooking as I did when I made french fries for 7 kids, it
wouldn't last long, but for just me and the occasional guest, it's a
bargain.

"levelwave" > wrote in message
> Welp... it finally arrived...my Kuhn Rikon hand-held Mandoline finally
> came in the mail today...

http://www.chefscatalog.com/store/ca...d=cprod2810077

> A good quality Mandoline is one of those things that I always thought
> would come in handy - when it's needed - but unfortunately costs too
> damn much to talk myself into buying one... until I stumbled upon this
> bad boy... I'm not a schmucko for silly kitchen gadgets as I tend to
> enjoy prepping my food... it relaxes me... but this caught my
> attention... it seems the only thing that slows me down when preparing
> dinner is trying to get paper thin slices of garlic churned out at a
> reasonable speed... This Mandoline can give me PERFECTLY thin slices of
> garlic faster than I can peel the darned things... Works wonders on
> Potatoes too...best $19.99 I've spent...
>
> ~john!
>

> --
> What was it like to see - the face of your own stability - suddenly look
> away...

Best mandoline under $100 notbob General Cooking 34 14-01-2014 10:33 AM
Farberware $20 mandoline notbob General Cooking 1 14-10-2011 04:58 AM
Mandoline and celeriac Michael Horowitz General Cooking 4 20-02-2010 11:55 PM
Oxo Mandoline? Patty Cooking Equipment 1 07-03-2005 11:19 PM
Oxo Mandoline Patty General Cooking 3 06-03-2005 01:03 PM