Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Delicious Dessert

After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
would have sent my head reeling.

They were heavenly! Give it a shot.

http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:53:56 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

> A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
>would have sent my head reeling.

Next time...try a French Sauterne i.e. Yquem, Raymond-Lafon or
Rieussec poured over top. Honey and cinnamon will appear to be
pedestrian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
> we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
> highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
> cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
> would have sent my head reeling.
>
> They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
>
> http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)
>
> kili

The peaches look luscious. I would love to have one, with just a little
vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ward Abbott wrote:
> "kilikini"wrote:
> > A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
> >would have sent my head reeling.

> Next time...try a French Sauterne i.e. Yquem, Raymond-Lafon or
> Rieussec poured over top. Honey and cinnamon will appear to be
> pedestrian.

Sauterne is a dry California wine, typically used to prepare a classic
white clam sauce. The wine from France is sweet and is written
Sauternes, a very different wine. There is no such wine as French
Sauterne, and French Sauternes is an oxymoron. Your attempt at
patronizing snobbery fails miserably.

Next time... stfu.

Sauternes
[soh-TERN]
An elegant sweet wine from the Sauternes region of western France.
It's made from SAUVIGNON BLANC or SEMILLON grapes that have been
infected by a beneficial mold called BOTRYTIS CINEREA, which causes
the grapes to shrivel, leaving a sugary fruit with concentrated
flavors. The best Sauternes come from vines that have been hand-picked
(as many as 12 separate times) to ensure that the grapes are not
removed from the vines before reaching the perfect degree of ripeness
required for these wines. Sauternes are most notable as DESSERT WINES
but, because of their high acidity, they also make excellent partners
for rich dishes like P?T?, CAVIAR and FOIE GRAS. "Sauterne" without
the ending "s" usually refers to an inexpensive semisweet California
wine.

? Copyright Barron's Educational Services, Inc. 1995 based on THE FOOD
LOVER'S COMPANION, 2nd edition, by Sharon Tyler Herbst.
---

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 24, 9:37?pm, Becca > wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
> > After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
> > we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
> > highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
> > cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
> > would have sent my head reeling.

> > They were heavenly! Give it a shot.

> >http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)

> > kili

> The peaches look luscious. I would love to have one, with just a little
> vanilla ice cream. Yum!

Hmm, why not grilled/caramelized peach ice cream... perhaps a mere
hint of candied ginger, or not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
> we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
> highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
> cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
> would have sent my head reeling.
>
> They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
>
> http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)
>
> kili

Ok, next time I'm at the market, probably tomorrow, I'm picking up some
peaches and we are going to have to try this. Sounds absolutely wonderful!

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, MayQueen > said:
> kilikini wrote:
> > After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
> > we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
> > highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
> > cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
> > would have sent my head reeling.
> >
> > They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
> >
> > http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)
> >
> > kili
> >

> Ok, next time I'm at the market, probably tomorrow, I'm picking up some
> peaches and we are going to have to try this. Sounds absolutely wonderful!

It does at that -- we had some nice steaks the other night
on the grill and wanted to do it again soon. I'll have to
find some nice peaches too...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:53:56 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
>we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
>highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
>cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
>would have sent my head reeling.
>
>They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
>
>http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)
>
>kili

Dang girl, those look delicious.

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 6/24

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Ward Abbott wrote:
>> "kilikini"wrote:
>>> A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
>>> would have sent my head reeling.

>> Next time...try a French Sauterne i.e. Yquem, Raymond-Lafon or
>> Rieussec poured over top. Honey and cinnamon will appear to be
>> pedestrian.

> Sauterne is a dry California wine, typically used to prepare a classic
> white clam sauce. The wine from France is sweet and is written
> Sauternes, a very different wine. There is no such wine as French
> Sauterne, and French Sauternes is an oxymoron.

It's probably about $30 a bottle, too. ACK! We be po' folk. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Jun 24, 9:37?pm, Becca > wrote:
>> kilikini wrote:
>>> After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for
>>> the DH, we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to
>>> do that, I highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and
>>> made them very peach cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit
>>> of honey and cinnamon on them would have sent my head reeling.

>>> They were heavenly! Give it a shot.

>>> http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)

>>> kili

>> The peaches look luscious. I would love to have one, with just a
>> little vanilla ice cream. Yum!

> Hmm, why not grilled/caramelized peach ice cream... perhaps a mere
> hint of candied ginger, or not.

Grilled peaches would make an excellent peach ice cream! I've never
attempted ice cream before, but I hope someone else tries it and reports
back.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, MayQueen > said:
>> kilikini wrote:
>>> After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for
>>> the DH, we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to
>>> do that, I highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and
>>> made them very peach cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit
>>> of honey and cinnamon on them would have sent my head reeling.
>>>
>>> They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
>>>
>>> http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine
>>> greatness)
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

>> Ok, next time I'm at the market, probably tomorrow, I'm picking up
>> some peaches and we are going to have to try this. Sounds absolutely
>> wonderful!

> It does at that -- we had some nice steaks the other night
> on the grill and wanted to do it again soon. I'll have to
> find some nice peaches too...

They almost melt in your mouth. They were SO yummy. It's also perfect if
you happen to end up with a peach that isn't quite ripe yet.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:53:56 -0400, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for
>> the DH, we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to
>> do that, I highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and
>> made them very peach cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit
>> of honey and cinnamon on them would have sent my head reeling.
>>
>> They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
>>
>> http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)
>>
>> kili
>>

> Dang girl, those look delicious.
>
> Koko

I would love to do a fruit medly next time. Pineapple, peaches,
pears........who needs a main course?

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
MayQueen > wrote:

> kilikini wrote:
> > After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for the DH,
> > we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to do that, I
> > highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and made them very peach
> > cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit of honey and cinnamon on them
> > would have sent my head reeling.
> >
> > They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
> >
> > http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine greatness)
> >
> > kili
> >

> Ok, next time I'm at the market, probably tomorrow, I'm picking up some
> peaches and we are going to have to try this. Sounds absolutely wonderful!

I'm beginning to think along the lines of fruit kebabs personally. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> MayQueen > wrote:
>
>> kilikini wrote:
>>> After we grilled a portobello mushroom for me and a HUGE burger for
>>> the DH, we grilled peaches. OMG!!!!! If anyone gets the chance to
>>> do that, I highly recommend it! The sugar in them caramelized and
>>> made them very peach cobblery without the cobble. LOL. A tad bit
>>> of honey and cinnamon on them would have sent my head reeling.
>>>
>>> They were heavenly! Give it a shot.
>>>
>>> http://i12.tinypic.com/6h559at.jpg (picture of the divine
>>> greatness)
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

>> Ok, next time I'm at the market, probably tomorrow, I'm picking up
>> some peaches and we are going to have to try this. Sounds absolutely
>> wonderful!

> I'm beginning to think along the lines of fruit kebabs personally. :-)

I love that idea! What fruits would you do?

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > MayQueen > wrote:

> >> Ok, next time I'm at the market, probably tomorrow, I'm picking up
> >> some peaches and we are going to have to try this. Sounds absolutely
> >> wonderful!

> > I'm beginning to think along the lines of fruit kebabs personally. :-)

> I love that idea! What fruits would you do?
>
> kili

Considering I've never done it... <G>

I'd probably use the more solid ones like Strawberries, pineapple,
peaches, nectarines, apricots, and maybe some apple.

I'm debating what I'd try marinating them with, maybe some lemon and
maple mix?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

> French Sauternes is an oxymoron.

No, it's redundant. "Nice Sheldon" would be an oxymoron.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 18:41:44 -0700, Sheldon > wrote:

> The wine from France is sweet and is written
>Sauternes, a very different wine.

What would be even more refreshing is to discover that you know what
you are talking about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" wrote:

> > I'm beginning to think along the lines of fruit kebabs personally. :-)

Personally... waitaminit... that's a different newsgroup. LOL

> What fruits would you do?

Hehe... probably all fruit cocktail she can get.

I can see a Mango Omelet....
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...D=10255 04049

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I'm beginning to think along the lines of fruit kebabs personally. :-)

Hey! I was about to suggest that. It's all in the skewers.

I've had good luck with pineapple, peach, banana, apricot, and ripe
juicy pears.

I've had less luck with any sort of melon, apples, and berries, though
strawberries are O.K. Melons have too much liquid and not enough
concentration of flavor. Apples and harder pears have to little
moisture. I'm not sure what the trouble is with berries. I'd guess
blueberries would work if they were bigger.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I'm debating what I'd try marinating them with, maybe some lemon and
> maple mix?

Well, you can try it, but there's nothing better than plain grilled
fruit. Sauces and marinades are distractions, not improvements. If you
feel compelled to sauce it up with something, just puree plain fruit.
Like put pineapple puree on apricots. But mark my words, the puree will
burn first, gum up the works, and not improve the underlying fruit.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> I'm beginning to think along the lines of fruit kebabs personally.
>>> :-)

>> I love that idea! What fruits would you do?
>>
>> kili

> Considering I've never done it... <G>
>
> I'd probably use the more solid ones like Strawberries, pineapple,
> peaches, nectarines, apricots, and maybe some apple.
>
> I'm debating what I'd try marinating them with, maybe some lemon and
> maple mix?

Hmmmmmm.......Lemon yes, for sure. I don't know. Cognac?

kili