Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bratwurst....... lots of flavours......

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html

'kiwi', chilli-honey, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe
vera....????!!!!

I mean to say...... if I don't see another bratwurst for a couple of months
I'll be happy. But to make a *Kiwi* brat????

People trying to reinvent the wheel.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterLucas wrote:
> http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html
>

> 'kiwi', chilli-honey, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe
> vera....????!!!!
>

> I mean to say...... if I don't see another bratwurst for a couple of months
> I'll be happy. But to make a *Kiwi* brat????
>

> People trying to reinvent the wheel.

It follows the seemingly popular idea that nothing should taste like it
really is and must be flavored to taste like something else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 8>,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html
>

> 'kiwi', chilli-honey, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe
> vera....????!!!!
>

> I mean to say...... if I don't see another bratwurst for a couple of months
> I'll be happy. But to make a *Kiwi* brat????
>

> People trying to reinvent the wheel.
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

Ew.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article 8>,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>

>> http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html
>>

>> 'kiwi', chilli-honey, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe
>> vera....????!!!!
>>

>> I mean to say...... if I don't see another bratwurst for a couple of
>> months I'll be happy. But to make a *Kiwi* brat????
>>

> Ew.

LOL!!! I just got back from the (Australian) home of Bratwurst. Which is
why I'm all 'Bratted' out.

I went to a buffet in Hahndorf where they even had Brats and
'sourkraut' as one of the dishes....... along with duck legs in orange
sauce!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter wrote:

> LOL!!! I just got back from the (Australian) home of Bratwurst. Which is
> why I'm all 'Bratted' out.

I only eat bratwurst a couple times a year, so I'm not NEARLY jaded enough
to try a kiwi-maraschino brat!

Looking at the calendar, I'll have the day off on July 4th (Independence Day
in the USA). Maybe I'll fire up the grill and have bratwurst then; it's
almost guaranteed to be a good day for grilling. (Summers are quite arid
here; it wouldn't be surprising if we got no rain at all for the next three
months.) I've also got a few high-quality frankfurters in the freezer, but I
suspect Lin has plans to make her "saucy dog" family recipe with them.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> I only eat bratwurst a couple times a year, so I'm not NEARLY jaded
> enough to try a kiwi-maraschino brat!

LOL, same as here. Last bratwurst were one year ago in southern Germany,
served with just mustard, horseradish sauce and dark bread. They were
wonderful, much better than the boiled ones. The best food I can remember
from that trip is pork, both schweinensaxe and schewinenbauch were wonderful
in many places... the superior pork makes the difference.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 10:36 am, Omelet > wrote:
> In article 8>,
>

> PeterLucas > wrote:
>
> >http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html

> > 'kiwi', chilli-honey, maraschino cherry, lemon and even aloe
> > vera....????!!!!

> > I mean to say...... if I don't see another bratwurst for a couple of months
> > I'll be happy. But to make a *Kiwi* brat????

> > People trying to reinvent the wheel.

> > --
> > Peter Lucas

> Ew.

If you haven't tried Johnsonville's Hot&Spicy variety, they're really
good.

> --
> Peace, Om

--Bryan