Member

Location: India
Default Tea flavours

Hello,
I am a tea lover and love to have tea in varied blends and makes. I was recently informed that workers in tobbaco field regularly drink tea. This they say prevents cancer that may be caused by being in contact with carcinogenic contents in tobacco leaf and dust. It would interesting to know if this health benefit of organic tea is susbstantiated

warm regards
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Some green tea studies have found that it protects lung and liver from
toxins, although it is still far from proven. I have documented some
relevant studies in the link below. Hope it helps!

15 health benefits...
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/gre...-research.html

It is benefit number 9 and 10!

Julian
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
SN SN is offline

well i dont think theres as much 'carcinogens' in a live plant leaf as
there are in the finished product = cig - which is full of other
chemical additives.
and the carcinogenic effect is more potent with the inhaled smoke from
the burning cigarette.

so: there's no real benefit to drinking tea in the tobacco fields.

if they smoke in the tobacco fields then drink some tea ... maybe
that'll clear some of the cig dust from the pharynx,

but wont reach the lungs where the inhaled carcinogens will produce
dna mutations in the cells.

so: you still get lung cancer if you smoke.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

upty > wrote:
>I am a tea lover and love to have tea in varied blends and
>makes. I was recently informed that workers in tobbaco field regularly
>drink tea. This they say prevents cancer that may be caused by being in
>contact with carcinogenic contents in tobacco leaf and dust. It would
>interesting to know if this health benefit of organic tea is
>susbstantiated

I rather doubt it.

But I will say that I live in Virginia, where tobacco is still a popular
crop, and many of the folks who grow it also smoke. I have had people tell
me that tobacco is actually good for you because it fills your lungs with
carbon monoxide which kills bacteria and prevents lung infection.

I have never heard anyone ever talk about feeling at risk being in contact
with the leaf and dust. I _have_ heard folks talk about feeling at risk
being in contact with the vast amounts of pesticides being used, though.
--scott