Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tried an excellent no cook lime cheesecake recipe!

This week I tried a new recipe that I saw Phil Vickery give advice about on
'This Morning' (A UK TV programmed)
The recipe consisted of the usual biscuit base. (Crackers and sugar) (In a 9
inch tin) The cheese bit was 2 packets of cream cheese and a tin of
condensed milk, whisked until smooth. then the juice of 4 limes was added.
This thickened the mixture instantly, and it was put on the base and into
the fridge. I then drizzled dark chocolate over the top, as the recipe
called for candied lime slices, but I preferred to take the easier option
of using chocolate!
The cheesecake was delicious, and looked great too.
A very simple and impressive desert.
Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 May 2007 18:38:58 GMT, "Sarah" >
wrote:

>This week I tried a new recipe that I saw Phil Vickery give advice about on
>'This Morning' (A UK TV programmed)
>The recipe consisted of the usual biscuit base. (Crackers and sugar) (In a 9
>inch tin) The cheese bit was 2 packets of cream cheese and a tin of
>condensed milk, whisked until smooth. then the juice of 4 limes was added.
>This thickened the mixture instantly, and it was put on the base and into
>the fridge. I then drizzled dark chocolate over the top, as the recipe
>called for candied lime slices, but I preferred to take the easier option
>of using chocolate!
>The cheesecake was delicious, and looked great too.
>A very simple and impressive desert.
>Sarah

If you want it a little firmer put it into a 300 degree oven for
fifteen minutes before it goes into the fridge... otherwise this is
the same recipe I always use for cheesecake (only I use lemon juice)
Yum!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sarah wrote:
> This week I tried a new recipe that I saw Phil Vickery give advice about
> on 'This Morning' (A UK TV programmed)
> The recipe consisted of the usual biscuit base. (Crackers and sugar) (In
> a 9 inch tin) The cheese bit was 2 packets of cream cheese and a tin of
> condensed milk, whisked until smooth. then the juice of 4 limes was
> added. This thickened the mixture instantly, and it was put on the base
> and into the fridge. I then drizzled dark chocolate over the top, as the
> recipe called for candied lime slices, but I preferred to take the
> easier option of using chocolate!
> The cheesecake was delicious, and looked great too.
> A very simple and impressive desert.
> Sarah

To me, that would be a cheese pie or something but not a "cheesecake"
Cheesecakes in my world (lol, and it is a strongly opined world at
that!) are baked.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..

> To me, that would be a cheese pie or something but not a "cheesecake"
> Cheesecakes in my world (lol, and it is a strongly opined world at that!)
> are baked.

In mine too until I tried this recipe! I always thought that an unbaked
'cheesecake' needed some setting agent like gelatin. I made it just for the
experiment, but it tasted great and was so easy!

Sarah