Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How did crockpot get damaged?!

Has anybody found that in his West Bend or comparable crockpot -- the
metal pot suddenly has a ding or warp that makes the glass cover no
longer seal over the contents? I did not use mine for a couple months
-- it was normal the last time -- and then I found the pot to be
misshapen last night. Now I have a prepped piece of meat and no
suitable working crockpot.

What can cause a pot to warp? I'm starting to wonder if the pest
sprayers who visit my apt every 90 days banged or crushed my pot and
didn't tell me, during their efforts.

It's a 4-quart pot and replacement parts are out of stock, according
to West Bend's website. I bought it in 03. Wonder if I will be forced
to buy a new crockpot.