Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 5 de mayo

I think a perfect menu to celebrate the 5 de mayo would be a Poblano
(from Puebla) menu. How about some poblano cream soup, made with
poblano chillies, then chicken with mole sauce (it´s really simple, I
have made mole in the US) with some simple Mexican white rice and for
dessert, there are many poblano sweets but i think i´d be difficult to
get them outside Mexico......Instead, get at a Mexican bakery
`campechanas,´ brake them with your hands and place the crumbs in the
bottom of a square Pyrex mold, spread some good quality vanilla ice
cream and the diced mango on top. Refrigerate. Or instead.....some
dulce de leche ice cream. Good idea?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rosina" > wrote in message
oups.com...
I think a perfect menu to celebrate the 5 de mayo would be a Poblano
(from Puebla) menu. How about some poblano cream soup, made with
poblano chillies, then chicken with mole sauce (it´s really simple, I
have made mole in the US) with some simple Mexican white rice and for
dessert, there are many poblano sweets but i think i´d be difficult to
get them outside Mexico......Instead, get at a Mexican bakery
`campechanas,´ brake them with your hands and place the crumbs in the
bottom of a square Pyrex mold, spread some good quality vanilla ice
cream and the diced mango on top. Refrigerate. Or instead.....some
dulce de leche ice cream. Good idea?

Those are not only good ideas, Rosina, but dishes that are different! The
poblano cream soup might be just what I'm looking for to precede my
enchiladas suizas. Have you a recipe you'd like to share?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 5 de mayo (with >)

news