Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yam Fries?

I bought a big bag of yam (I think fries) at Costco today. Does
anyone have any wonderful recipes on how to make them delicious? Or
at least any other ideas on what to do with them? I was thinking of
olive oil and balsamic, garlic and roasting them. Maybe with some
onions too?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tofuqueen wrote:

> I bought a big bag of yam (I think fries) at Costco today. Does
> anyone have any wonderful recipes on how to make them delicious? Or
> at least any other ideas on what to do with them? I was thinking of
> olive oil and balsamic, garlic and roasting them. Maybe with some
> onions too?

I'd brush them with some neutral oil (grapeseed oil is my current favorite),
sprinkle them with coarse salt and then LIGHTLY with curry powder
(especially Jamaican curry powder), and roast them.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tofuqueen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I bought a big bag of yam (I think fries) at Costco today. Does
> anyone have any wonderful recipes on how to make them delicious? Or
> at least any other ideas on what to do with them? I was thinking of
> olive oil and balsamic, garlic and roasting them. Maybe with some
> onions too?
> ================

I guess I would season them with seasoned salt and fry them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Yam Fries? [OT referance]

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> tofuqueen wrote:
>

>>I bought a big bag of yam (I think fries) at Costco today. Does
>>anyone have any wonderful recipes on how to make them delicious? Or
>>at least any other ideas on what to do with them? I was thinking of
>>olive oil and balsamic, garlic and roasting them. Maybe with some
>>onions too?

> I'd brush them with some neutral oil (grapeseed oil is my current favorite),
> sprinkle them with coarse salt and then LIGHTLY with curry powder
> (especially Jamaican curry powder), and roast them.
>
> Bob

I saw a recipe for marinated onion rings with which to make batter fried
onion rings with, oil, lemon juice, garlic, s & P, then diped in batter
and deep fried.

I have added honey to the batter to make half way decent onion rings but
never thought to marinate the onion rings before dipping in batter.
--
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 11, 5:10 pm, "tofuqueen" > wrote:
> I bought a big bag of yam (I think fries) at Costco today. Does
> anyone have any wonderful recipes on how to make them delicious? Or
> at least any other ideas on what to do with them? I was thinking of
> olive oil and balsamic, garlic and roasting them. Maybe with some
> onions too?

Roast them with the oil of your choice, then sprinkle with
salt and powdered chipotle. The smoky hotness is wonderful
with the sweetness of the potato.

Although your idea sounds delightful, too.

Cindy Hamilton

best fries Somebody General Cooking 24 06-10-2012 11:32 AM
What Cut Fries? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 34 06-02-2012 05:51 PM
I tried the BK fries too. Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 7 24-12-2011 03:58 AM
It *comes* with fries ... Nancy Young General Cooking 8 03-04-2006 03:56 AM