Posted to rec.food.cooking
CDC CDC is offline

Default Best Small Food Processor

I have one of Cuisinart's small food processors and really like it - cleanup
is very easy as the pieces can all go in the dishwasher.

- Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill
"cybercat" > wrote in message
>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

CDC wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:42:40 -0400:

C> I have one of Cuisinart's small food processors and really
like it - cleanup
is very easy as the pieces can all go in the dishwasher.

- Cindy

Not the base surely?! Incidentally, the blade shaft on mine
tends to rust.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking
CDC CDC is offline

"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in message
> CDC wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:42:40 -0400:
>
> C> I have one of Cuisinart's small food processors and really like it -
> cleanup
> is very easy as the pieces can all go in the dishwasher.
>
> - Cindy
>
> Not the base surely?! Incidentally, the blade shaft on mine tends to
> rust.
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

No, the base sadly isn't dishwasher safe, but it tends to stay clean and I
just do a quick wipedown on it if something spills. Never had any rust
problems on the blade shaft, either on this one or the Black & Decker one I
used to have.

Cindy

--
CDC

If you're going through hell, keep going
- Winston Churchill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" <
>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

I have this for very small jobs. Dices onions very finely (which I like).

http://www.kitchencollection.com/Tem...m?sku=00317847

I also have the Cuisinart Little Pro Plus Food Processor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

> I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

If you only need<?> a small FP, why not just a good knife? My FP is the
most under used kitchen appliance I have, but I do use my sticker blender
regularly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

(no spam)" >
wrote in message ...

> "cybercat" <
>>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

> I have this for very small jobs. Dices onions very finely (which I like).
>
> http://www.kitchencollection.com/Tem...m?sku=00317847
>
> I also have the Cuisinart Little Pro Plus Food Processor.

Me, too, and I love it!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat> (no spam)"

> wrote in message ...
>>
>> "cybercat" <
>>>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

>> I have this for very small jobs. Dices onions very finely (which I
>> like).
>>
>> http://www.kitchencollection.com/Tem...m?sku=00317847
>>

> That looks perfect! And what a price. I saved the site, thanks.

Before you order online, shop locally. I think I got mine on sale for about
$8.00 at a local drug store. Believe I've also seen them at Home Depot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"cybercat" > schreef in bericht
>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

I'd get a cheap one to see how often I would really use it in practice. Says
the person who bought a real FP, a small one (for pesto and chopping nuts)
and a blender and never uses any of them.

I do use my other two electric gadgets: a handheld mixer and a stick
blender. Might as well have stuck with them. Even so, I can't seem to stop
pondering a coffe grinder for spices

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"cybercat" > schreef in bericht

> (no spam)" >
> wrote in message ...
>>
>> "cybercat" <
>>>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

>> I have this for very small jobs. Dices onions very finely (which I
>> like).
>>
>> http://www.kitchencollection.com/Tem...m?sku=00317847
>>

> That looks perfect! And what a price. I saved the site, thanks.

That is a great price. The machine only has 70 Watts. That sounds very low
to me, mine has 380. Which is way too much. I've seen others around 200W.

Does anyone here know if 70W is enough?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

(no spam)" >
wrote in message ...

> "cybercat" <
>>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

> I have this for very small jobs. Dices onions very finely (which I like).
>
> http://www.kitchencollection.com/Tem...m?sku=00317847

That looks perfect! And what a price. I saved the site, thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"CDC" <usenetATcafechatnoirDOTnet> wrote in message
>I have one of Cuisinart's small food processors and really like it -
>cleanup is very easy as the pieces can all go in the dishwasher.

Can't beat Cuisinart.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

(no spam)" <
> Before you order online, shop locally. I think I got mine on sale for
> about $8.00 at a local drug store.

Even better.

>Believe I've also seen them at Home Depot.

I cannot go to HD or to Lowes or any of those huge
stores. They suck all the life out of me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

I use a Black & Decker, but it is really difficult to remove the container
from the base. My "on" button is starting to stick, too. Then again, heck,
it's at least 6 years old or more. It chops garlic up really well.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

> I use a Black & Decker, but it is really difficult to remove the container
> from the base. My "on" button is starting to stick, too. Then again,
> heck,
> it's at least 6 years old or more. It chops garlic up really well.

You want me to send you a new food processor, kili?
I just saw one for $8, lol!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> cybercat wrote:
>>> I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

>> I use a Black & Decker, but it is really difficult to remove the
>> container from the base. My "on" button is starting to stick, too.
>> Then again, heck,
>> it's at least 6 years old or more. It chops garlic up really well.
>>

> You want me to send you a new food processor, kili?
> I just saw one for $8, lol!

LOL, cyber. It would cost more than that to ship it! I'll just get a new
one, eventually. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 26, 5:38 pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

How small? I have a mini made by Krups and I love it. It holds about
a cup or so, before processing.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-E.../dp/B00005MF97

During my mother's illness, we used this little wonder. It dispatched
everything from ice cubes to egg yolks in seconds! Everything she ate had to
be processed so it got quite a workout.
It's reasonably priced, totally convenient, the blades and bottom go in the
dishwasher and the top wipes off. It works like a charm. I had a mini food
processor which I gave to my son. When I went to buy another, there were no
more, so I reluctantly picked up this one. Lucky me! Since then I have
given several for gifts and everyone who has tried it here has bought one
for themselves, (including my son, who gave away the one I gave him, and
bought one of these for himself.) I use mine to make pesto for freezing,
chopping veggies, nuts, salsa, etc. It's really a neat little appliance.

chipper

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...
> > "cybercat" > wrote in message
> >I want it to be simple to use and easy to clean.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-E.../dp/B00005MF97

> During my mother's illness, we used this little wonder. It dispatched
> everything from ice cubes to egg yolks in seconds! Everything she ate had to
> be processed so it got quite a workout.
> It's reasonably priced, totally convenient, the blades and bottom go in the
> dishwasher and the top wipes off. It works like a charm. I had a mini food
> processor which I gave to my son. When I went to buy another, there were no
> more, so I reluctantly picked up this one. Lucky me! Since then I have
> given several for gifts and everyone who has tried it here has bought one
> for themselves, (including my son, who gave away the one I gave him, and
> bought one of these for himself.) I use mine to make pesto for freezing,
> chopping veggies, nuts, salsa, etc. It's really a neat little appliance.
>

> chipper

I have an ancient Black & Decker food processor. It still runs perfectly
and I haven't managed to kill it yet. But I was mostly using it to chop
things like onions, garlic, etc. I find now that I can more effectively
chop those with a good cutting board and knife.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

i think most minis are chep enough to cheaply replac that normal folks can buy
chea and replace it when it dies. Mine was about $15 or less and iis a proctor
silex. It is a few years old. mAYBE 3.

--

Laura

-Sautéed poo is still poo!

Come join us at The Dirty Old Ladies! Be the adult your mother was afraid you
would be!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

What do you want your "small" food processor to do? Without knowing that,
it's really possible to give a good answer. My small food processor takes
up little space, slices uniformly, crushes garlic, and does many other
chores while being very easy to clean. It is an 8 inch knife kept razor
sharp by steeling it each time after it is washed.