Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default low cal desserts

Here are two of my own low cal desserts. They are also sugar free and
fat free:

PUDDING: buy the Jello brand instant pudding that is fat free and
sugar free. There is 100 calories in the entire package which serves 4
they say. My fav. flavors are butterscotch and vanilla. You need a cup
of nonfat milk and a half of an envelope of knox gelatin plain. You
also need 5 Splenda packets. Dir: place the pudding mix and Splenda in
a mixing bowl. Have ready the gelatin dissolved in a quarter cup of
hot water. Add more cold water to this to make 1 and a half cups of
water. Pour the cup of milk into the pudding mixture and splenda then
instantly add the cup and a half of water with disolved gelatin. Stir
with a wire wisk about 30 sec. and empty into bowls. I make only 2
bowlfuls with this mix. Refrigerate 3 hours (for the gelatin to work
its magic). To recap what you have done is extended the pudding mix
and milk with water and Splenda (since the dir. on the box call for
adding two cups of milk and no water or Splenda), so that you get two
large servings of pudding (an extra half cup of pudding at many fewer
calories) at 100 cals...40 for the milk, 50 for the pudding and 10 for
the gelatin.

MERINGUES: Use 9 egg whites...no yolk. Beat in 20 Splenda packets and
a splash of vanilla. Mix with a high speed mixer for about 5 min, and
use a spatula to place onto parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Bake
at 300F. for 10 min. then turn off the oven and let it bake another 15
min. until the tops are light golden brown. It makes 6 large meringues
with a total of about 150 calories for all 6. Egg white is loaded with
protein (3 gms per egg) and is fat free. This recipe also makes it
sugar free. dkw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have also been relying on the Jello FF SF Instant pudding lately.
But I just mix it as the package says with skim milk and set it out in
1/2 c serving sizes @ 70-80 cal. I use the Glad or Ziplock 1/2 c
mini-rounds with lids to toss in my lunch bag. I also use the Jello
SF diet Jello, also in the 1/2 c sizes. 1/2 c of either is plenty for
me with lunch or a snack. I like meringues, esp. with almonds, but
I'm cheap and I won't toss the yolks, so I don't make them much.

On 16 Mar 2007 07:49:45 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Here are two of my own low cal desserts. They are also sugar free and
>fat free:
>
>PUDDING: buy the Jello brand instant pudding that is fat free and
>sugar free. There is 100 calories in the entire package which serves 4
>they say. My fav. flavors are butterscotch and vanilla. You need a cup
>of nonfat milk and a half of an envelope of knox gelatin plain. You
>also need 5 Splenda packets. Dir: place the pudding mix and Splenda in
>a mixing bowl. Have ready the gelatin dissolved in a quarter cup of
>hot water. Add more cold water to this to make 1 and a half cups of
>water. Pour the cup of milk into the pudding mixture and splenda then
>instantly add the cup and a half of water with disolved gelatin. Stir
>with a wire wisk about 30 sec. and empty into bowls. I make only 2
>bowlfuls with this mix. Refrigerate 3 hours (for the gelatin to work
>its magic). To recap what you have done is extended the pudding mix
>and milk with water and Splenda (since the dir. on the box call for
>adding two cups of milk and no water or Splenda), so that you get two
>large servings of pudding (an extra half cup of pudding at many fewer
>calories) at 100 cals...40 for the milk, 50 for the pudding and 10 for
>the gelatin.
>
>MERINGUES: Use 9 egg whites...no yolk. Beat in 20 Splenda packets and
>a splash of vanilla. Mix with a high speed mixer for about 5 min, and
>use a spatula to place onto parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Bake
>at 300F. for 10 min. then turn off the oven and let it bake another 15
>min. until the tops are light golden brown. It makes 6 large meringues
>with a total of about 150 calories for all 6. Egg white is loaded with
>protein (3 gms per egg) and is fat free. This recipe also makes it
>sugar free. dkw

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 16, 10:35 am, (Curly Sue) wrote:
> I have also been relying on the Jello FF SF Instant pudding lately.
> But I just mix it as the package says with skim milk and set it out in
> 1/2 c serving sizes @ 70-80 cal. I use the Glad or Ziplock 1/2 c
> mini-rounds with lids to toss in my lunch bag. I also use the Jello
> SF diet Jello, also in the 1/2 c sizes. 1/2 c of either is plenty for
> me with lunch or a snack. I like meringues, esp. with almonds, but
> I'm cheap and I won't toss the yolks, so I don't make them much.
>
> On 16 Mar 2007 07:49:45 -0700, "
>

> > wrote:
> >Here are two of my own low cal desserts. They are also sugar free and
> >fat free:

> >PUDDING: buy the Jello brand instant pudding that is fat free and
> >sugar free. There is 100 calories in the entire package which serves 4
> >they say. My fav. flavors are butterscotch and vanilla. You need a cup
> >of nonfat milk and a half of an envelope of knox gelatin plain. You
> >also need 5 Splenda packets. Dir: place the pudding mix and Splenda in
> >a mixing bowl. Have ready the gelatin dissolved in a quarter cup of
> >hot water. Add more cold water to this to make 1 and a half cups of
> >water. Pour the cup of milk into the pudding mixture and splenda then
> >instantly add the cup and a half of water with disolved gelatin. Stir
> >with a wire wisk about 30 sec. and empty into bowls. I make only 2
> >bowlfuls with this mix. Refrigerate 3 hours (for the gelatin to work
> >its magic). To recap what you have done is extended the pudding mix
> >and milk with water and Splenda (since the dir. on the box call for
> >adding two cups of milk and no water or Splenda), so that you get two
> >large servings of pudding (an extra half cup of pudding at many fewer
> >calories) at 100 cals...40 for the milk, 50 for the pudding and 10 for
> >the gelatin.

> >MERINGUES: Use 9 egg whites...no yolk. Beat in 20 Splenda packets and
> >a splash of vanilla. Mix with a high speed mixer for about 5 min, and
> >use a spatula to place onto parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Bake
> >at 300F. for 10 min. then turn off the oven and let it bake another 15
> >min. until the tops are light golden brown. It makes 6 large meringues
> >with a total of about 150 calories for all 6. Egg white is loaded with
> >protein (3 gms per egg) and is fat free. This recipe also makes it
> >sugar free. dkw

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

I feed some of the yolks to my dog...2 a day, but throw the rest
away. I get eggs for 99cents a dozen, so it is still inexpensive to
toss the yolks.

Try my recipe for the pudding. You get a lot more pudding for fewer
calories and the gelatin makes it set extra firm. Surprisingly, adding
all that water does not seem to alter the taste much at all. Getting
more food for fewer calories is what it is all about for me, so I
would never add nuts to the meringue, but it sounds good. I remember
the Schaumtorte at Peter's Keller in Salzburg and these meringues
remind me of those, but of course they were made with sugar, giving
them more texture and flavor than Splenda.....and a lot more calories.
dkw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

low cal pudding mix mixed with 16 ounces plain non FAT yogurt or non fat sour
cream yum. A treat i learned when i was in Weight watchers many years ago. I
liiked it with vanilla pudding and sour cream.. made me think of cheese cake or
some reason! I also tried it with a small can of crushed pineapples drained
and mixed in.
--

Laura

-Sautéed poo is still poo

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
>I have also been relying on the Jello FF SF Instant pudding lately.
> But I just mix it as the package says with skim milk and set it out in
> 1/2 c serving sizes @ 70-80 cal. I use the Glad or Ziplock 1/2 c
> mini-rounds with lids to toss in my lunch bag. I also use the Jello
> SF diet Jello, also in the 1/2 c sizes. 1/2 c of either is plenty for
> me with lunch or a snack. I like meringues, esp. with almonds, but
> I'm cheap and I won't toss the yolks, so I don't make them much.
>

> On 16 Mar 2007 07:49:45 -0700, "
> > wrote:
>
>>Here are two of my own low cal desserts. They are also sugar free and
>>fat free:
>>
>>PUDDING: buy the Jello brand instant pudding that is fat free and
>>sugar free. There is 100 calories in the entire package which serves 4
>>they say. My fav. flavors are butterscotch and vanilla. You need a cup
>>of nonfat milk and a half of an envelope of knox gelatin plain. You
>>also need 5 Splenda packets. Dir: place the pudding mix and Splenda in
>>a mixing bowl. Have ready the gelatin dissolved in a quarter cup of
>>hot water. Add more cold water to this to make 1 and a half cups of
>>water. Pour the cup of milk into the pudding mixture and splenda then
>>instantly add the cup and a half of water with disolved gelatin. Stir
>>with a wire wisk about 30 sec. and empty into bowls. I make only 2
>>bowlfuls with this mix. Refrigerate 3 hours (for the gelatin to work
>>its magic). To recap what you have done is extended the pudding mix
>>and milk with water and Splenda (since the dir. on the box call for
>>adding two cups of milk and no water or Splenda), so that you get two
>>large servings of pudding (an extra half cup of pudding at many fewer
>>calories) at 100 cals...40 for the milk, 50 for the pudding and 10 for
>>the gelatin.
>>
>>MERINGUES: Use 9 egg whites...no yolk. Beat in 20 Splenda packets and
>>a splash of vanilla. Mix with a high speed mixer for about 5 min, and
>>use a spatula to place onto parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Bake
>>at 300F. for 10 min. then turn off the oven and let it bake another 15
>>min. until the tops are light golden brown. It makes 6 large meringues
>>with a total of about 150 calories for all 6. Egg white is loaded with
>>protein (3 gms per egg) and is fat free. This recipe also makes it
>>sugar free. dkw

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16 Mar 2007 10:26:59 -0700, "
> wrote:
>
>Try my recipe for the pudding. You get a lot more pudding for fewer
>calories and the gelatin makes it set extra firm. Surprisingly, adding
>all that water does not seem to alter the taste much at all. Getting
>more food for fewer calories is what it is all about for me, so I
>would never add nuts to the meringue, but it sounds good. I remember
>the Schaumtorte at Peter's Keller in Salzburg and these meringues
>remind me of those, but of course they were made with sugar, giving
>them more texture and flavor than Splenda.....and a lot more calories.
>dkw

Adding water to pudding sounds icky to me. When I make pudding I
always add an extra cup of milk to the packet and use three cups of
milk instead of two - it sets up a little softer but it's still plenty
sweet enough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 16, 8:52 pm, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> On 16 Mar 2007 10:26:59 -0700, "
>
> > wrote:
>
> >Try my recipe for the pudding. You get a lot more pudding for fewer
> >calories and the gelatin makes it set extra firm. Surprisingly, adding
> >all that water does not seem to alter the taste much at all. Getting
> >more food for fewer calories is what it is all about for me, so I
> >would never add nuts to the meringue, but it sounds good. I remember
> >the Schaumtorte at Peter's Keller in Salzburg and these meringues
> >remind me of those, but of course they were made with sugar, giving
> >them more texture and flavor than Splenda.....and a lot more calories.
> >dkw

> Adding water to pudding sounds icky to me. When I make pudding I
> always add an extra cup of milk to the packet and use three cups of
> milk instead of two - it sets up a little softer but it's still plenty
> sweet enough.

Well, you see, milk is mostly water to begin with, so adding more
isn't such a problem. My idea is to make a low calorie pudding. I'm
sure you could improve the taste of almost anything by making it
richer and adding more calories, but that defeats the purpose. dkw

Wow US Desserts!!! Ophelia[_14_] General Cooking 290 14-04-2016 12:10 AM
Two desserts in a day! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 1 07-08-2014 12:29 AM
REC: Low fat desserts #1 PeterLucas[_5_] General Cooking 0 24-01-2009 06:03 AM
Just Desserts? nemo Vegan 0 09-01-2006 10:00 AM
desserts???? stephen schuler Vegan 4 30-10-2003 10:26 AM