Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Have A Banana!

Our government gives money and weapons to terrorists and calls it "foreign
policy". Chiquita give money to terrorists and the company gets spanked.
Sometimes, reality is stranger than fiction.

+++++++++++
Chiquita to plead guilty to ties with terrorists

Feds say the banana producer made transactions with terrorist organizations

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Chiquita Brands International entered a plea agreement
with federal authorities on charges that it engaged in transactions with a
terrorist organization.

The company agreed to pay a $25 million fine regarding the investigation of
protection payments made by the company's former banana-producing subsidiary
in Colombia.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/14/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
news
> Our government gives money and weapons to terrorists and calls it "foreign
> policy". Chiquita give money to terrorists and the company gets spanked.
> Sometimes, reality is stranger than fiction.

Thank you "Oh holier than thou one". It is obvious you ain't never lived in the
3rd world. In Mexico it's called a mordida (bite). Think of it this way

No Mordida,

Bananas Foster $300.00 per serving + the cost of the second division stationed
around the fruit plantations.

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
t...

> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote in message
> news
>> Our government gives money and weapons to terrorists and calls it
>> "foreign policy". Chiquita give money to terrorists and the company gets
>> spanked. Sometimes, reality is stranger than fiction.

> Thank you "Oh holier than thou one". It is obvious you ain't never lived
> in the 3rd world. In Mexico it's called a mordida (bite). Think of it
> this way
>
> No Mordida,
>
> Bananas Foster $300.00 per serving + the cost of the second division
> stationed around the fruit plantations.
>

> Dimitri

I understand completely. What strikes me as odd is that our government arms
these groups (indirectly), and then wonders WHY a corporation needs to make
certain contributions. Is our government telling us that they just found out
Colombia was a dangerous place?

Incidentally, the "mordida" occurs regularly here in the USA, too, and it
has nothing to do with organized crime, at least not the way we usually
think about the definition.

REC Banana Bread Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 24-04-2010 03:35 AM
REC Banana Bread koko General Cooking 0 23-04-2010 11:13 PM
Banana Poi International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 08-03-2006 04:55 AM
banana jam Dianna Visek Preserving 8 11-10-2005 01:38 AM
Banana Jam Joyce Preserving 13 14-08-2004 01:57 AM