Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Group Questionnaire

I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am
conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be
collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be
greatly appreciated if you could take the time to fill in the
questionnaire by clicking onto the link below. All answers are
confidential and the results will be anonymous. You may stop
participating at any time. Thank you very much.

This link will forward you to the questionnai http://www.webpoll.org/psych/laconsent.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Laura-Student" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am
> conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be
> collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be
> greatly appreciated if you could take the time to fill in the
> questionnaire by clicking onto the link below. All answers are
> confidential and the results will be anonymous. You may stop
> participating at any time. Thank you very much.
>
> This link will forward you to the questionnai

http://www.webpoll.org/psych/laconsent.htm

Ah the old fill out my questionaire for my school project spam scam. Second
time this week I've seen it.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "Laura-Student" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am
>> conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be
>> collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be
>> greatly appreciated if you could take the time to fill in the
>> questionnaire by clicking onto the link below. All answers are
>> confidential and the results will be anonymous. You may stop
>> participating at any time. Thank you very much.
>>
>> This link will forward you to the questionnai

> http://www.webpoll.org/psych/laconsent.htm
>

> Ah the old fill out my questionaire for my school project spam scam. Second
> time this week I've seen it.
>
> Paul

But, but but, she promises "All answers are confidential and the results will be
anonymous"

Don't research participants get paid????

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:03:02 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
> wrote:

>"Laura-Student" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am
>> conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be
>> collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be
>> greatly appreciated if you could take the time to fill in the
>> questionnaire by clicking onto the link below. All answers are
>> confidential and the results will be anonymous. You may stop
>> participating at any time. Thank you very much.
>>
>> This link will forward you to the questionnai

>http://www.webpoll.org/psych/laconsent.htm
>

>Ah the old fill out my questionaire for my school project spam scam. Second
>time this week I've seen it.

Well, I gave her her answers... the survey didn't ask anything I
thought was inappropriate or too intrusive or personal, and it didn't
take long. It would be interesting to see the results of the research.
I don't know about you, but it's good to help people out if you can,
especially when it doesn't have any cost to you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:03:02 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Laura-Student" > wrote in
>>message
roups.com...
>>> I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am
>>> conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be
>>> collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be
>>> greatly appreciated if you could take the time to fill in the
>>> questionnaire by clicking onto the link below. All answers are
>>> confidential and the results will be anonymous. You may stop
>>> participating at any time. Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> This link will forward you to the questionnai

>>http://www.webpoll.org/psych/laconsent.htm
>>

>>Ah the old fill out my questionaire for my school project spam scam.
>>Second
>>time this week I've seen it.

> Well, I gave her her answers... the survey didn't ask anything I
> thought was inappropriate or too intrusive or personal, and it didn't
> take long. It would be interesting to see the results of the research.
> I don't know about you, but it's good to help people out if you can,
> especially when it doesn't have any cost to you.

Me too. All but fill in the blanks.

--
Helen
in

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:03:02 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Laura-Student" > wrote in
>> message ups.com...
>>> I am a Psychology student at the University Of Manchester, UK and am
>>> conducting a study on communication in online groups. I will be
>>> collecting data through the use of a questionnaire. It would be
>>> greatly appreciated if you could take the time to fill in the
>>> questionnaire by clicking onto the link below. All answers are
>>> confidential and the results will be anonymous. You may stop
>>> participating at any time. Thank you very much.
>>>
>>> This link will forward you to the questionnai

>> http://www.webpoll.org/psych/laconsent.htm
>>

>> Ah the old fill out my questionaire for my school project spam scam.
>> Second time this week I've seen it.

> Well, I gave her her answers... the survey didn't ask anything I
> thought was inappropriate or too intrusive or personal, and it didn't
> take long. It would be interesting to see the results of the research.
> I don't know about you, but it's good to help people out if you can,
> especially when it doesn't have any cost to you.

I'm not sure what this sort of "research" benefits. Questions about are you
always polite on a usenet group? Should you always be friendly? I suppose
if you answer NO you're bound to wind up as being a potential serial killer
or something. (Sorry, I don't fit the profile.) Truth is, no one I know is
*always* friendly and no one I know is *always* polite. I've seen and heard
my friend F* shout at her teenaged kids and seen my friend B* yell at her
husband M*. Doesn't make them bad people People are people.

Knee-jerk reactions to a silly usenet post aren't all that important in the
grand scheme of things. Got more things going on in my life than to worry
about being polite to folks, but I do try. Depends on the person Some I
just killfile.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:

> But, but but, she promises "All answers are confidential and the results will be
> anonymous"
>
> Don't research participants get paid????

Don't we wish. Ever notice how many social science studies are done using
social science students as subjects. The psychology and sociology students
often use participation in research projects worth a few extra marks. In
some cases, it is a course requirement. I once took a course of
physiological psychology and we all had to spend a night in the sleep lab
hooked up to a polygraph. Sometimes they get people from outside to
volunteer. As a result, many "studies" are based only on the students that
had to participate or people willing to do it for free.

Market research people have given up on me. When they used to call and
asked if I had time to complete a survey I told them that I charge $50 per
hour minimum two hour charge and argued that they were being paid to call
me, so why should I work for free. I do the same in malls when approached
by market research people. I really don't care to help them figure out ways
that they can screw their customers.

Simple Questionnaire MannyOceans General Cooking 0 27-08-2008 02:09 AM
Simple Questionnaire MannyOceans Winemaking 0 27-08-2008 01:50 AM
Simple Questionnaire MannyOceans Wine 0 27-08-2008 01:49 AM
Simple Questionnaire MannyOceans General 0 27-08-2008 01:48 AM
Group Questionnaire Laura-Student General Cooking 2 10-03-2007 11:40 PM