Posted to rec.food.cooking
mm mm is offline

Default No Knead Bread Recipe

On Jan 31, 2:07 pm, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:
> Got this from a very close friend in email. With her permission, I am
> posting it here. Be sure to read the notes after the recipe.
>
> ____________________
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> This is the recipe for "no knead" bread from the NY TIMES. I tried it
> today. It's WONDERFUL. Tastes like fresh Italian bread straight from a
> top-notch bakery.

No knead would be perfect for me if do--this-every so-many hours
doesn't become an issue. And taste like top-notch bakey product?
sounds so good.

Not only that I miss hot bread out of the oven I used to get at a
restaurant where I used to live- no Italian restaurant in the area
gives that kind of quality bread, I have to abandon eating white rice
altogether. In US, I relied on rice more because I could make it
fresh. Or pasta or noodle (soemtimes).

Growing up, we used to eat freshly made Naan bread available in
neigborhood store and freshly baked bread too at another place, tstill
hot when it gets home, provided that it's wrapped properly. In those
places, one has to wait for accouple of minutes when tthey would hand
out the bread to you, just right out of the oven. At Naan shop, after
you paied, you stand line to get yours. rThe ssame at the bread place.
Sells only regular bread but can order ahead of time for french bread,
etc. - my family did that. After all, it's an Asian country. The
natives do not eat anything but rice or noddle (many different
kinds).

Now, I eat parboiled or brown rice. I have been buying sour dough
bread and whaet bread, tortillal, and pita bread but miss hot bread
coming out of the oven. I don't think bread machinr would be a good
investment for me, a single person vowed to liove singly for life.