Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The real logic of what we should be eating

The real logic of what we should be eating............

1 Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
Aussies, British or Americans

2 Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
Aussies, British or Americans

3 Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
than the Aussies, British or Americans

4 Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans

5 Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and
suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans

CONCLUSION.....

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
you.

:-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL said...

> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
> you.
>
>:-)

Si, es verdad.

Andres
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> PeterL said...
>
>> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
>> you.
>>
>>:-)

> Si, es verdad.
>
> Andres

LOL!!!

Or........ you could just start all over again.........

http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL said...

> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
>> PeterL said...
>>
>>> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
>>> you.
>>>
>>>:-)

>> Si, es verdad.
>>
>> Andres
>>

> LOL!!!
>
> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz

ROFLMAO. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

LOLOL... [whew]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

LOLOLOLOLOL [cough, choke]

Ya BUM!!!

Thanks,

LOL!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz

where on earth do you find these gems Peter?

talk about hysterical - and the bidding is already up around
$7,500.... amazing.
but are we sure it isn't Peter Foster in disguise?

Just finished watching a BBC production of Regency Banquet - which was
created by the first 'celebrity' chef Marie-Antonin Careme... and we
think we eat to excess in this day and age. It was gastronomical to
say the least!

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"
or one who touts himself on ebay

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LadyJane" > wrote in
oups.com:

>> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz

> where on earth do you find these gems Peter?

On the Internet ;-P

It's the old '6 degrees of separation' thing. Go looking for one thing,
and end up with another :-)

> talk about hysterical - and the bidding is already up around
> $7,500.... amazing.

i think it's actually closed off now. Some Pom made the winning bid.

> but are we sure it isn't Peter Foster in disguise?

Definitely not :-)

Too young, too slim :-)

Here's his website......

http://nicael.com/

Check out his 'Fears' :-)

> Just finished watching a BBC production of Regency Banquet -

Bugger!! All I have here on the ABC is Pat the Postman and Playschool!!!

>which was
> created by the first 'celebrity' chef Marie-Antonin Careme... and we
> think we eat to excess in this day and age. It was gastronomical to
> say the least!

Live hard, die young, and leave a good looking corpse ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> The real logic of what we should be eating............
>
> 1 Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
> Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 2 Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
> Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 3 Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
> than the Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 4 Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
> attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 5 Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and
> suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans
>
> CONCLUSION.....
>
> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
> you.
>
> :-)

Stress... ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
PeterL > wrote:

> Andy <q> wrote in :
>
> > PeterL said...
> >
> >> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
> >> you.
> >>
> >>:-)

> > Si, es verdad.
> >
> > Andres
> >

> LOL!!!
>
> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz
>

> --
> Peter Lucas

That's a pretty bizarre auction... I'm surprised ebay let it stand.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" > wrote in message

> LOL!!!
>
> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz

Will the winner be able to spell horoscope?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in news:4novh.481331
:

> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>

>> LOL!!!
>>
>> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz

> Will the winner be able to spell horoscope?

You'd be suprised at the number of people that spell it wrong......

http://tinyurl.com/yuxzvw

But apart from that.......... he's a frikken 24yo University student!!
You *really* didn't think that he'd be able to spell, did you???!!!

Christ!! Most of the bloody teachers teaching the children in Primary
and High schools can't even spell!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"PeterL" > wrote in message

> You'd be suprised at the number of people that spell it wrong......
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yuxzvw

At least the correct spelling has 1680 times as many hits as that
misspelling.

> But apart from that.......... he's a frikken 24yo University student!!
> You *really* didn't think that he'd be able to spell, did you???!!!

If he was in the US I wouldn't, but I don't know the extent of academic
decrepitude in the rest of Western Civilization.

> Christ!! Most of the bloody teachers teaching the children in Primary
> and High schools can't even spell!!

I was doing IT work in a New York primary school a few weeks ago. There was
a poster that said, among other things, "I will play safe" and, "I will
think positive", so I pulled out my marker and added the "ly"s.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l, not -l" > wrote in
. net:

> On 28-Jan-2007, PeterL > wrote:
>
>> 1 Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than
>> the Aussies, British or Americans

> However, the suicide rate is 2 times that of the US for men and 3
> times for women.
> For Mexicans, the suicide rate is lower than that of the US, perhaps
> indicating that either, the despondent flee across border to US or,
> the fatter the diet the happier you are.
>
> Statistics source:
> http://www.who.int/mental_health/pre...cide_rates/en/
> Conclusion source: my own warped mind

You *do* know it was a joke, don't you?

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tom Del Rosso" > wrote in
:

> "PeterL" > wrote in message
>

>> You'd be suprised at the number of people that spell it wrong......
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yuxzvw

> At least the correct spelling has 1680 times as many hits as that
> misspelling.
>

>> But apart from that.......... he's a frikken 24yo University
>> student!! You *really* didn't think that he'd be able to spell, did
>> you???!!!

> If he was in the US I wouldn't, but I don't know the extent of
> academic decrepitude in the rest of Western Civilization.

When my two sons were going to Primary & High School, I used to have a
running battle with them, and their teachers, over the distinct lack of
correct spelling...... and the method that the Education Dept was using
to teach the kids words.

Their system was "If the word *sounds* like the word they want, it
doesn't matter how it's spelt"!!!

One teacher sent me a 1 page letter in reply to a letter of complaint I
wrote. I corrected all 17 spelling and punctuation errors in red pen,
sent it back with a note to tell her to do it again, *correctly*, and
then re-submit it.

I also sent copies of all the letters to the Education Dept.

Nothing has changed :-/

>> Christ!! Most of the bloody teachers teaching the children in Primary
>> and High schools can't even spell!!

> I was doing IT work in a New York primary school a few weeks ago.
> There was a poster that said, among other things, "I will play safe"
> and, "I will think positive", so I pulled out my marker and added the
> "ly"s.

Looks like it's the same all over the world :-(

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> PeterL > wrote:
>
>> Andy <q> wrote in :
>>
>> > PeterL said...

>> > Si, es verdad.
>> >
>> > Andres
>> >

>> LOL!!!
>>
>> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz
>>

>> --
>> Peter Lucas

> That's a pretty bizarre auction... I'm surprised ebay let it stand.

I'm keeping an eye on his website to see if the silly Pom who made the
winning bid actually goes through with it.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:

> One teacher sent me a 1 page letter in reply to a letter of complaint I
> wrote. I corrected all 17 spelling and punctuation errors in red pen,
> sent it back with a note to tell her to do it again, *correctly*, and
> then re-submit it.
>
> I also sent copies of all the letters to the Education Dept.
>
> Nothing has changed :-/

Except that your kid will end up paying for your complaint.
I went to bat for my son when he got an F on an assignment that English
teacher friend of mine thought was worth an A, and her only comment on the
paper was about his behaviour in class. It had nothing to do with the
quality of his work on the homework assignment. When I didn't get
anywhere with the principal I went over his head and complained to the
superintendent. Up to that point, I had been chaperone on the ski clubs
Friday night ski trips every Friday night for three winters. They have
three full buses of students but I was the only regular parent volunteer.
But after my complaint I was barred from chaperoning the ski trips. I wrote
to complain about that and the principal denied it. He said they were
trying to get more parental involvement.

A few weeks later the kid was caught smoking on school property and
suspended. There were other kids smoking nearby, but he as the only one
suspended. Not a problem. I put him to work at home for three days, but in
my conversation with the vice principal I made it clear that I knew the
staff were smoking in the furnace room.

A few weeks later I ran into a friend of mine who was on the school board
and told him what happened. I don't know how much my conversation with him
weighed on the board's decision to transfer him out of that school and send
him to a really bad school, a definite demotion. The next winter I got a
call from the teacher who ran the ski club asking me to come back and
chaperone again because they had a new principal.

> >> Christ!! Most of the bloody teachers teaching the children in Primary
> >> and High schools can't even spell!!

> > I was doing IT work in a New York primary school a few weeks ago.
> > There was a poster that said, among other things, "I will play safe"
> > and, "I will think positive", so I pulled out my marker and added the
> > "ly"s.

> Looks like it's the same all over the world :-(
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> 'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'
>
> http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote in
:

> PeterL wrote:
>>
>> One teacher sent me a 1 page letter in reply to a letter of complaint
>> I wrote. I corrected all 17 spelling and punctuation errors in red
>> pen, sent it back with a note to tell her to do it again,
>> *correctly*, and then re-submit it.
>>
>> I also sent copies of all the letters to the Education Dept.
>>
>> Nothing has changed :-/

> Except that your kid will end up paying for your complaint.

[Snip story of discrimination.......]

I was lucky in that I knew the Principals husband before he died. We both
served together. So she knew my background :-)

On more than a couple of occassions in incidents where my sons were
involved, but not at fault, she allowed me to 'counsel' the offending
children. Several times the parents were involved, and they were
'counselled' as well :-)
Many's the time when groups of teenage boys would leave the room crying
their hearts out........ and it was all done in the presence of the
Principal and another teacher, and without laying a hand on them :-)

I was personally responsible for getting at least 6 kids expelled from the
school, and many more were suspended for periods of time.

I also was responsible for quite a few getting charged by the Police, or at
least having case files drawn up about them. A lot of other parents of kids
who were victims of schoolyard/classroom bullying didn't want to 'make
waves' and would have just let all the crap happen, but I wouldn't let
them.

One teacher who my eldest son had, was a fat useless piece of shit called
"McKenna". He took great delight in using his whole 150+ kgs, to haul off
and slap 12-14yo kids around (Calling the slap a 'Big Mac')......
especially the boys...... because he really *liked* the girls...... the
sleaze that he was.

He slapped my son square in the middle of the back one day in class because
my son stood up for one of his mates who was given a 'Big mac' for no
reason other than the fact that the fat slug didn't like the kid.

My son came home and told me. He is/was a Chronic Asthmatic. I waited till
the next morning when I had calmed down, went to the school, marched
straight into the teachers lunch room, grabbed the fat slug by the throat,
slammed him up against the wall looked him in the eyes and told him I was
going kill him if he ever laid a hand on any of my kids ever again.

He completely ignored both my boys for their remaining time at the school.

He tried some shit through the Principal to get back at me, but was shut
down straight away. He lasted about another 5 years and then 'retired'.

School is for learning and I do not tolerate *anyone*, be it a school kid
or a teacher, interfering with people who are there and want to learn.

But thank *God* I don't have to worry about that crap anymore!!!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:

<snip self-aggrandizing lies>

Yeah, yeah... Oy, mate! 'Ow abaht the time that oi slapped arahnd thet
Ghaddafi chap? We've not 'eard nuffink from 'im since, aye? Stared down the
entire Libyan army and 'is cadre of femile bodygaahds, oi did; they didn't
want none of the SAME! Crikey!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 30, 1:36 am, PeterL > wrote:

> Christ!! Most of the bloody teachers teaching the children in Primary
> and High schools can't even spell!!

What's even scarier still is that the Principals themselves are bereft
of spelling skills. Either that or they just can't get their
collective heads around keyboards or modern technology....
I do a regular column (usually runs to 1-2 pages) from Principals of
local schools extolling the varied achievements of their students.
After 14 years I am at the stage where I am refusing to 'edit' their
articles, by reading and adjusting spelling, before including them.
Sad testament to our education system. Be it on their heads.
It seriously ****es me off that we have people in charge of our
schools who are atrocious spellers....the kids do not stand a chance.

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"
or an educator unable to spell

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh Dave... well done!
That took me back - been there, done that sort of moment.

When my son started high school he was at a private Anglican run co-ed
school.
I volunteered (as I had done at primary school - grades 1 through 7)
for tuckshop.
In the few weeks I was there I witnessed:
* out of date dairy and juice products being sold to the kids
* cakes, bread products (including those containing ham &
cheese), buns etc purchased by the school in bulk, used over a two
week period.
It was cheaper to buy in bulk, but the products were sold on
the basis of them being sold that day. The convenor of the tuckshop
thought she could save the
school and tuckshop money by buying in bulk, but holding food
over (refrigerated or not) for sale to students on another day.
* warming ovens stacked to the rafters - should hold around 30
items, these suckers had at least 50-60 items. None of which reached
optimum temp for
cooking and barely reached room temp before being vended to
students at morning tea!
* no fresh food being available - all pre-cooked, pre-packaged
fast food. Pies, sausage rolls, burgers, chicken & corn bars. Bung it
in a warming oven, microwave whatever... not a sandwich in sight.
* all 'hot' (mostly lukewarm by morning tea) food pulled out of
the ovens. Left on counters to vend to students. At end of morning
tea, everything went back into
their respective heating appliance (after being out for best
part of 40 minutes) to be re-heated (hopefully) and sold at lunchtime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Somehow my previous post got sent before I was through.

Anyway, upshot was I spoke to Tuckshop convenor, not interested in
complaints.
Spoke to P&C official. ditto
Decided, **** it, got in touch with our local Council (who oversee
food handling and establishments which sell food & beverages for
profit)
They sent out a Health Inspector. They went through the place with a
fine tooth comb. Astounding number of handling errors. (Funny that)
Tuckshop on notice.
Interestingly, in the 12 years the tuckshop had already been operating
they had never applied to Council to sell food and thus be regularly
checked by Health Inspectors. Technically they were in breach of local
bylaws... and to my mind should have received a hefty fine.
Major changes required of tuckshop before it could sell food to
students or teachers.
Tuckshop convenor left 3 months later.
P&C President phoned and thanked me effusively for bringing the
situation to the attention of relevant authorities. Admitted his own
kids refused to eat tuckshop food.
I got surreptiously sacked from volunteer tuckshop duty (now THAT MUST
BE A FIRST!!!)
Son decided he hated the school and moved to another.
My reputation preceded me - my talents were not required in the new
school tuckshop!
Amazing how quickly 'chinese whispers' emanate.

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"
at least all those students and teachers at Hillbrook Anglican School

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LadyJane" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jan 30, 1:36 am, PeterL > wrote:
>
>> Christ!! Most of the bloody teachers teaching the children in Primary
>> and High schools can't even spell!!

> What's even scarier still is that the Principals themselves are bereft
> of spelling skills. Either that or they just can't get their
> collective heads around keyboards or modern technology....
> I do a regular column (usually runs to 1-2 pages) from Principals of
> local schools extolling the varied achievements of their students.
> After 14 years I am at the stage where I am refusing to 'edit' their
> articles, by reading and adjusting spelling, before including them.
> Sad testament to our education system. Be it on their heads.
> It seriously ****es me off that we have people in charge of our
> schools who are atrocious spellers....the kids do not stand a chance.

It was so funny, a number of years back the president of the teacher's
association (musn't say union) wrote the usual letter to the editor
explaining about teachers being saints and deserved the outrageous
raise they were asking for. The letter was liberally sprinkled with
[sic] because of the bad spelling, etc. I laughed, but it's really pretty
sad.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default teachers & the schools - The real logic

I've been interested in these posts about school teachers deficient in
basic skills and bullying and violence on the part of teachers and
students. Could y'all give a general time for when these events
happened so I know if it is the present or when in the past? Also let
me know what part of the country or world? I have my complaints about
my public schooling, but we weren't beaten, and most of the teachers
were knowledgeable enough though they weren't necessarily any good at
imparting their knowledge. The bullying wasn't done physically, but
there was plenty of favoritism and random enforcement of capricious rules.

As for teachers and principals not having basic spelling and grammar
skills, I've had a theory about this for while. I believe the offenders
see the rules as capricious as the other rules found in school. By
analogy, I know that it's important to be dressed appropriately for a
high powered office job or when representing a client in court. In that
situation, I'd be sure I had on the right sort of skirted suit, hair in
place, stockings, business flats, etc. But there's nothing wrong with
coming home and putting on jeans and a sweatshirt for going to the
supermarket. I wonder if these teachers look at spelling and grammar
the same way. They're capable of dressing up their writing skills in
some situations, then let them slide in others.

Continuing the analogy, a few years ago I had a college professor, in
the English department no less, who rightly insisted on gramatically
perfect papers turned in to her for a grade, but her own communications
in email were attrocious. She never bothered to correct a typo. I
believe in her case it was a power ploy. Her underlings were expected
to bother with that stuff while she was above it. Let everyone else
figure out what she meant. Let everyone else spend the time figure out
what she must have meant.

I even had this conversation with an ex-friend. He never used capital
letters in his email. I told him that I couldn't read his mail quickly
when he did that, that I had to stop and puzzle out his writing and
decode it into English. I pointed out that he had a PhD in English,
that he insisted on correct papers from his graduate students, and that
surely he could capitalize and punctuate his notes to me. He said that
he wrote that way because it saved time. I interpreted his comment as a
power ploy. He didn't mind how much time it took me to read his email
as long as he saved time writing it. I tried to explain my position a
few more times, then told him not to write again until he had time. He
still didn't get it, or pretended not to get it. I started deleting any
of his email that he didn't spend enough time with to put capitals at
the beginning of sentences-- the same as I do with folks on usenet.
Notice I began this paragraph with "ex-friend."

Anyway, given all the argument about teachers' position in society, I
wonder if the horrible spelling in notes to parents is the same sort of
power ploy.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote

> As for teachers and principals not having basic spelling and grammar
> skills, I've had a theory about this for while. I believe the offenders
> see the rules as capricious as the other rules found in school. By
> analogy, I know that it's important to be dressed appropriately for a high
> powered office job or when representing a client in court. In that
> situation, I'd be sure I had on the right sort of skirted suit, hair in
> place, stockings, business flats, etc. But there's nothing wrong with
> coming home and putting on jeans and a sweatshirt for going to the
> supermarket. I wonder if these teachers look at spelling and grammar the
> same way. They're capable of dressing up their writing skills in some
> situations, then let them slide in others.

I think writing a letter to a paper, or sending papers home with
the students, anything like that is a situation where they are working.
That is not a time to lapse into their casual clothing, so to speak.

> Continuing the analogy, a few years ago I had a college professor, in the
> English department no less, who rightly insisted on gramatically perfect
> papers turned in to her for a grade, but her own communications in email
> were attrocious. She never bothered to correct a typo. I believe in her
> case it was a power ploy. Her underlings were expected to bother with
> that stuff while she was above it. Let everyone else figure out what she
> meant. Let everyone else spend the time figure out what she must have
> meant.

Unprofessional, however you look at it.

> Anyway, given all the argument about teachers' position in society, I
> wonder if the horrible spelling in notes to parents is the same sort of
> power ploy.

If looking ill-prepared for their profession could be considered a
power play, I guess. Somehow I doubt it.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julia Altshuler wrote:
>snip

> As for teachers and principals not having basic spelling and grammar
> skills, I've had a theory about this for while. I believe the
> offenders see the rules as capricious as the other rules found in
> school. By analogy, I know that it's important to be dressed
> appropriately for a high powered office job or when representing a
> client in court. In that situation, I'd be sure I had on the right
> sort of skirted suit, hair in place, stockings, business flats, etc. But
> there's nothing wrong with coming home and putting on jeans and a
> sweatshirt for going to the supermarket. I wonder if these teachers
> look at spelling and grammar the same way. They're capable of dressing up
> their writing skills in
> some situations, then let them slide in others.

Then what you are saying is that these teachers are like a minister who
portrays moral leadership while behind the pulpit in church, but in his
'off' time shoots drugs and whores around.

.........snip

> Anyway, given all the argument about teachers' position in society, I
> wonder if the horrible spelling in notes to parents is the same sort
> of power ploy.

I sincerely doubt it; but an interesting speculation, nonetheless.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Did anyone notice how

Google the advertizing millionaire ,

blocked

www.tinyurl.com/yb55cz

Because they did not PAY Google .

On Jan 28, 4:35 pm, PeterL > wrote:
> Andy <q> wrote :
>
> > PeterL said...

> >> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
> >> you.

> >>:-)

> > Si, es verdad.

> > Andres

> LOL!!!
>
> Or........ you could just start all over again.........
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb55cz
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> 'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'
>
> http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Its your genes , have good genes
and you can abuse your eating
habits .

You pass on bad genes by living
in a non-competive , unnatural
way , working a govt job , marrying
a female .

Fortunately , in the futuer ,
nature will deprive us of our decision
to live this way .

The World is inverted , the poor rule .
That will end in 50 years .
There will be no poor , no govts ,
no guns , no police , no written law .

Typical activity of a white male
will be to buy another 150,000
acres of prime forrest land ,
go fishing for 2 weeks , visit
his factories , located in one
of the harshest areas on earth
because thats where he basnished
his factory workers .....
Everything , you've heard from
your gov'ts is brain wash , to keep
that govts power over you .

But Nature will get control and
you will live by chasing demand .
No govt jobs , because there is
nothing to DO in a govt ,there is
NO demand .
If you cant seem to find demand
you will move to a poor place
and live out your life , childless .
No one would be dumb enuf
to create children , when there's
no "help" to feed them .

And thus in one generation ,
the world will have only white males
and some assorted females , desperately
struggling to get the attention of
those white males .
Females only give basic health
to their children , the man obviously
gives health and brains ( X Y cromosome )
So the assorted females as above ,
will do nicely to improve gene pool .

These are simple rules of nature .
so they work perfect , to produce
perfect ppl , and reduce pop fast .

Nature works in cycles , so our
generation will not make it into
the "gap" from now til 2060 .

We will not be able to affect it .

I am a scientist and i worried about
the imbalance of poor to rich ,
permanently ruining the gene pool.
but thats impossible , nature will
always bounce back quickly , and
the imbalance is eliminated by
natural attrition , in only one generation ,
its because the best genes are always
available , they will inherit the earth in
months , take charge , buy up all the
property , create 6 kids ,........

So stop worry about green house
gasses and Liberals .
I guess there will be 2000 million
unemployed Liberals by 2020 .
They will not talk/ act like Liberals !!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Then what you are saying is that these teachers are like a minister who
> portrays moral leadership while behind the pulpit in church, but in his
> 'off' time shoots drugs and whores around.

Well, yes. It would be like the minister thought that teaching that
living a clean sober life was important for the job, but not important
over the long run.

>>Anyway, given all the argument about teachers' position in society, I
>>wonder if the horrible spelling in notes to parents is the same sort
>>of power ploy.

> I sincerely doubt it; but an interesting speculation, nonetheless.

Hey, I use usenet to speculate. If I have proof, I provide it. I don't
in this case. If it is a power ploy, it isn't a conscious one. It's
more the passive aggressive tactic of someone who hasn't got anything
else. They don't know they're being passive aggressive. People rarely
do. They're just being obnoxious in little ways, then defending
themselves with the excuse that they're busy. It's the same as people
who show up late all the time. The underlying message is that they have
more important things to do than the people waiting for them-- thus the
power ploy.

Whether it is a power ploy or not, it IS unprofessional. I hope there
was nothing in my post to suggest that I approve of the behavior,
whatever the excuse.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julia Altshuler wrote:

> Whether it is a power ploy or not, it IS unprofessional. I hope there
> was nothing in my post to suggest that I approve of the behavior,
> whatever the excuse.

No, not at all. There certainly is enough evidence, based on my observation
and dealings with teachers, that they do employ passive-aggression towards
parents in a number of different ways. I just don't know if poor grammer,
syntax and spelling is one of 'em. Look at the total numbers of teachers, in
states which require mandatory teacher testing for licensing, who fail these
basic tests of math and writing requiring repeated testings in order to
pass. I just think it is poor education.

On another note, I am curious as to how many others notice this: if there is
a three day holiday on a Monday, schools will only be open for half-days the
Friday before. And that during each week prior to Thanksgiving, Christmas,
and Easter vacations, teachers do everything *but* teach. Games are played,
crafts are made, movies are watched, and in-class reading is done, but no
teaching and no homework.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 28 Jan, 23:16, PeterL > wrote:
> The real logic of what we should be eating............
>
> 1 Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
> Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 2 Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
> Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 3 Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
> than the Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 4 Italians drink large amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
> attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans
>
> 5 Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and
> suffer fewer heart attacks than the Aussies, British or Americans
>
> CONCLUSION.....
>
> Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills
> you.
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Peter Lucas
> Brisbane
> Australia
>
> 'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'
>
> http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

FINTANUK (INCOMPETENT FRAUDSTERS) UNLOCK THE SECRET CODE TO SCREWING
UP YOUR BUSINESS, AS PIONEERED BY LEE **** INGRAM = INCOMPETENT MORON.
LET'S READ MORE ABOUT THE SECRET CODE TO BUSINESS FAILURE, LEE YOU
****.

http://www.fintanuk.com/downloads/th...de_pro_sec.pdf

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE RETARDED FINTANUK FRAUDSTERS.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:

> There certainly is enough evidence, based on my observation
> and dealings with teachers, that they do employ passive-aggression towards
> parents in a number of different ways. I just don't know if poor grammer,
> syntax and spelling is one of 'em. Look at the total numbers of teachers, in
> states which require mandatory teacher testing for licensing, who fail these
> basic tests of math and writing requiring repeated testings in order to
> pass. I just think it is poor education.

This is a huge subject in itself. As much as a stickler for grammar,
spelling, and punctuation, as I am, I also recognize that it is
subjective. For every error, you can find a great writer who has broken
the rule to good effect. Two teachers, both of them excellent, can
grade an essay different ways. For that reason, I'm as against
stickling standardized tests for teachers as I am for students. The
first goal has to be creativity, clarity of thought, and communication,
with grammar as a tool towards those goals, not an end in itself. Too
often, I think, the test givers, think the goal is either grammar or
those other things and choose grammar because it is easier to grade.

> On another note, I am curious as to how many others notice this: if there is
> a three day holiday on a Monday, schools will only be open for half-days the
> Friday before. And that during each week prior to Thanksgiving, Christmas,
> and Easter vacations, teachers do everything *but* teach. Games are played,
> crafts are made, movies are watched, and in-class reading is done, but no
> teaching and no homework.

Another huge subject with no easy answers. For students to learn, they
need to believe that the teachers are on their side, aids towards their
goals, not adversaries. That's almost impossible from the start with
the power structure the way it is. I don't mind the occasional fun
class if it does something over the long run to help basic relationships
between teachers and students.

--Lia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:25:45 -0500, Julia Altshuler
> wrote:

>Anyway, given all the argument about teachers' position in society, I
>wonder if the horrible spelling in notes to parents is the same sort of
>power ploy.

Was this posted in the group you intended to post in?

k12 "dot" chat "dot" teacher would be a more appropriate forum for
this discussion.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:42:13 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

> Look at the total numbers of teachers, in
>states which require mandatory teacher testing for licensing, who fail these
>basic tests of math and writing requiring repeated testings in order to
>pass. I just think it is poor education.

Did you say what I think you said... Teachers who failed those tests
are now employed as teachers OR were you trying to say that the
testing filters out those who failed?

If you're actually saying that people have to take a test more than
once to pass are not qualified..... OK. Think about anything else -
like the driver's exam. You fail, you study... hopefully you pass the
next time. Does the fact that you passed on the second try make you
less qualified to drive a car? Look at all the lawyers who didn't
pass their law exam the first time.... would you say they shouldn't be
practicing law now?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in :

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:42:13 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> Look at the total numbers of teachers, in
>>states which require mandatory teacher testing for licensing, who fail
>>these basic tests of math and writing requiring repeated testings in
>>order to pass. I just think it is poor education.

> Did you say what I think you said... Teachers who failed those tests
> are now employed as teachers OR were you trying to say that the
> testing filters out those who failed?
>
> If you're actually saying that people have to take a test more than
> once to pass are not qualified..... OK. Think about anything else -
> like the driver's exam. You fail, you study... hopefully you pass the
> next time. Does the fact that you passed on the second try make you
> less qualified to drive a car? Look at all the lawyers who didn't
> pass their law exam the first time.... would you say they shouldn't be
> practicing law now?

Quote...

Was this posted in the group you intended to post in?

k12 "dot" chat "dot" teacher would be a more appropriate forum for
this discussion.

Unquote....

Oh, the irony!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> If you're actually saying that people have to take a test more than
> once to pass are not qualified..... OK. Think about anything else -
> like the driver's exam. You fail, you study... hopefully you pass the
> next time. Does the fact that you passed on the second try make you
> less qualified to drive a car? Look at all the lawyers who didn't
> pass their law exam the first time.... would you say they shouldn't be
> practicing law now?

What I'm saying is that a teacher who can't pass a BASIC math or writing
test is pathetic. These tests are nothing like a Bar exam; if they were,
then the teacher would be required to take a comprehensive state test on all
aspects of their major discipline. If that were ever to come to pass, I
wonder what percentage of teachers would NEVER be able to pass. I would bet
that a larger percentage of teacher candidates would fit in that 'never
pass' category than attorney wannabees sitting for the Bar.

I had to sit for the CBEST as part of the application for my Oregon teaching
credential, after being hired by an Oregon school district. I was told by
several teachers in the district that I'd be lucky to pass it in even two
tries. They were actually trying to lower my expectations of success to help
soften the blow of what they viewed as inevitable and impending failure. I
took the test on a Saturday, and handily passed each section with plenty of
room to spare. I walked out of the community college building where the test
was administered wondering what the big deal was. It was all basic knowledge
that should have been acquired in high school.

Monday morning rolled around, and first thing in the faculty lounge I was
asked when I would be taking the CBEST again. When I said that I didn't need
to re-test 'cause I had passed it just fine, thank you very much, you'd have
thunk I'd had an extra eye suddenly appear in the middle of my forehead from
the looks I got.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 01:20:41 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> If you're actually saying that people have to take a test more than
>> once to pass are not qualified..... OK. Think about anything else -
>> like the driver's exam. You fail, you study... hopefully you pass the
>> next time. Does the fact that you passed on the second try make you
>> less qualified to drive a car? Look at all the lawyers who didn't
>> pass their law exam the first time.... would you say they shouldn't be
>> practicing law now?

>What I'm saying is that a teacher who can't pass a BASIC math or writing
>test is pathetic.

<snip>

>Monday morning rolled around, and first thing in the faculty lounge I was
>asked when I would be taking the CBEST again. When I said that I didn't need
>to re-test 'cause I had passed it just fine, thank you very much, you'd have
>thunk I'd had an extra eye suddenly appear in the middle of my forehead from
>the looks I got.

What did they teach? PE? CBEST is only the bottom rung of the
ladder. If you don't pass it, you can't even substitute teach on a
day to day basis.

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> What did they teach? PE? CBEST is only the bottom rung of the
> ladder. If you don't pass it, you can't even substitute teach on a
> day to day basis.

That's my point. A whole lot of teachers can't even handle the most basic
level of testing on subject matter at the 9th grade level.

I taught language arts, health, and history/social studies. Two years with
the Jefferson County school district in Madras, OR.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:33:40 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> What did they teach? PE? CBEST is only the bottom rung of the
>> ladder. If you don't pass it, you can't even substitute teach on a
>> day to day basis.

>That's my point. A whole lot of teachers can't even handle the most basic
>level of testing on subject matter at the 9th grade level.
>
>I taught language arts, health, and history/social studies. Two years with
>the Jefferson County school district in Madras, OR.

I guess that district was abusing subs because you needed a whole lot
more than CBEST to be certified as a teacher. I digressed. *My*
point is that you can't even pretend to teach if you don't pass the
CBEST, therefore those who flunked CBEST are *not* teachers. They are
not even substitute teachers because virtually everyone who walks
through the door to teach has to pass CBEST.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:33:40 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>
>>> What did they teach? PE? CBEST is only the bottom rung of the
>>> ladder. If you don't pass it, you can't even substitute teach on a
>>> day to day basis.

>> That's my point. A whole lot of teachers can't even handle the most
>> basic level of testing on subject matter at the 9th grade level.
>>
>> I taught language arts, health, and history/social studies. Two
>> years with the Jefferson County school district in Madras, OR.

> I guess that district was abusing subs because you needed a whole lot
> more than CBEST to be certified as a teacher. I digressed. *My*
> point is that you can't even pretend to teach if you don't pass the
> CBEST, therefore those who flunked CBEST are *not* teachers. They are
> not even substitute teachers because virtually everyone who walks
> through the door to teach has to pass CBEST.

Kidding, right? School district's throughout this country can be granted
exemptions, for up to a year per applicant, by a state's board of education
to allow teachers on staff who don't have all their credentials finalized.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:47:58 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:33:40 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
>> wrote:

>>> That's my point. A whole lot of teachers can't even handle the most
>>> basic level of testing on subject matter at the 9th grade level.
>>>
>>> I taught language arts, health, and history/social studies. Two
>>> years with the Jefferson County school district in Madras, OR.

>> I guess that district was abusing subs because you needed a whole lot
>> more than CBEST to be certified as a teacher. I digressed. *My*
>> point is that you can't even pretend to teach if you don't pass the
>> CBEST, therefore those who flunked CBEST are *not* teachers. They are
>> not even substitute teachers because virtually everyone who walks
>> through the door to teach has to pass CBEST.

>Kidding, right? School district's throughout this country can be granted
>exemptions, for up to a year per applicant, by a state's board of education
>to allow teachers on staff who don't have all their credentials finalized.

I'm beginning to wonder how you managed to pass it.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:47:58 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:33:40 -0800, "Dave Bugg"

>>> I guess that district was abusing subs because you needed a whole
>>> lot more than CBEST to be certified as a teacher. I digressed.
>>> *My*
>>> point is that you can't even pretend to teach if you don't pass the
>>> CBEST, therefore those who flunked CBEST are *not* teachers. They
>>> are not even substitute teachers because virtually everyone who
>>> walks through the door to teach has to pass CBEST.

>> Kidding, right? School district's throughout this country can be
>> granted exemptions, for up to a year per applicant, by a state's
>> board of education to allow teachers on staff who don't have all
>> their credentials finalized.

> I'm beginning to wonder how you managed to pass it.

That was uncalled for, and has little bearing on what I thought was a
reasonable discussion.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Eating makes me real tired [email protected] General Cooking 13 28-11-2007 12:04 AM
Eating makes me real tired [email protected] General Cooking 1 27-11-2007 01:12 PM
spinach logic Julia Altshuler General Cooking 10 16-09-2006 07:49 PM
FAQ logic - Water Bluesea Tea 33 16-02-2005 01:10 AM
The Logic of the Talking Pig Rudy Canoza Vegan 89 27-01-2005 02:28 AM