Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Souce of lg. paper muffin liners??

Does anyone know where I can purchase the 3-1/2 in. paper
muffin liners in up-state central New York? No grocery
store or xxMart carries them. Some do carry the aluminum
liners, but that is not what the chef wants.

Thanks,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can purchase the 3-1/2 in. paper muffin liners
> in up-state central New York? No grocery store or xxMart carries them.
> Some do carry the aluminum liners, but that is not what the chef wants.
>
> Thanks,

Well.. although not in NYS, but you should be able to obtain them mail
order from King Arthur Flour.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/landing.jsp?go=Home
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can purchase the 3-1/2 in. paper
> muffin liners in up-state central New York? No grocery
> store or xxMart carries them. Some do carry the aluminum
> liners, but that is not what the chef wants.

Um, muffins (quick bread) are not supposed to be baked in paper liners,
only cupcakes are baked in liners. Stupidmarkets and other retailers
bake muffins in liners because they sell by weight, baking in paper
liners decreases moisture loss so keeps weight higher. They let you
toss away about 20% of what you paid for when you peel off those paper
liners... and you're left with a crustless tasteless blob of chemical
laden crap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know where I can purchase the 3-1/2 in. paper
>>muffin liners in up-state central New York? No grocery
>>store or xxMart carries them. Some do carry the aluminum
>>liners, but that is not what the chef wants.

> Um, muffins (quick bread) are not supposed to be baked in paper liners,
> only cupcakes are baked in liners. Stupidmarkets and other retailers
> bake muffins in liners because they sell by weight, baking in paper
> liners decreases moisture loss so keeps weight higher. They let you
> toss away about 20% of what you paid for when you peel off those paper
> liners... and you're left with a crustless tasteless blob of chemical
> laden crap.

Um, ok, thanks for the "info". So where do I get the paper
liners? HINT: If you don't know the answer...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > Dave wrote:
> >
> >>Does anyone know where I can purchase the 3-1/2 in. paper
> >>muffin liners in up-state central New York? No grocery
> >>store or xxMart carries them. Some do carry the aluminum
> >>liners, but that is not what the chef wants.

> Um, ok, thanks for the "info". So where do I get the paper
> liners? HINT: If you don't know the answer...

Click on the King Arthur link already given in this thread.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > Dave wrote:
> >
> >>Does anyone know where I can purchase the 3-1/2 in. paper
> >>muffin liners in up-state central New York? No grocery
> >>store or xxMart carries them. Some do carry the aluminum
> >>liners, but that is not what the chef wants.

> > Um, muffins (quick bread) are not supposed to be baked in paper liners,
> > only cupcakes are baked in liners. Stupidmarkets and other retailers
> > bake muffins in liners because they sell by weight, baking in paper
> > liners decreases moisture loss so keeps weight higher. They let you
> > toss away about 20% of what you paid for when you peel off those paper
> > liners... and you're left with a crustless tasteless blob of chemical
> > laden crap.
> >

> Um, ok, thanks for the "info". So where do I get the paper
> liners? HINT: If you don't know the answer...

Cupcake cups are available in most stupidmakets in the baking
ingredients aisle... I'm suprised you haven't noticed, because they're
typiclly located between the canned frostings and your favorate boxed
cakes. They're also sold at party supply stores. And of course anyone
who knows how to search on line can find hundreds of sources in mere
seconds...
IDIOT HINT:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...&Go.x=8&Go.y=7

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:

>>> Um, muffins (quick bread) are not supposed to be baked in paper
>>> liners, only cupcakes are baked in liners. Stupidmarkets and other
>>> retailers bake muffins in liners because they sell by weight,
>>> baking in paper liners decreases moisture loss so keeps weight
>>> higher. They let you toss away about 20% of what you paid for when
>>> you peel off those paper liners... and you're left with a crustless
>>> tasteless blob of chemical laden crap.
>>>

>> Um, ok, thanks for the "info". So where do I get the paper
>> liners? HINT: If you don't know the answer...

> Cupcake cups are available in most stupidmakets in the baking
> ingredients aisle... I'm suprised you haven't noticed, because they're
> typiclly located between the canned frostings and your favorate boxed
> cakes.

Cupcake liners are not 3-1/2 inches in diameter. He's looking for liners
that will accomodate those HUGE muffins they sell in coffee shops and
bakeries.

Jill