Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default French's Chili-O clone

My in-laws love French's Chili-O seasoning, but their local supermarket
was bought by another company and they are no longer able to find this
package on the shelves. I can buy it for about $1.20 a package or they
can mail-order it, but I told them that I would ask online to see if
anyone knew of a clone recipe for the seasoning.

Is anyone familiar with the French's product and/or know of a clone
that would be a suitable replacement?

Thank you,
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 Jan 2007 15:26:58 -0800, "
> wrote:

>My in-laws love French's Chili-O seasoning, but their local supermarket
>was bought by another company and they are no longer able to find this
>package on the shelves. I can buy it for about $1.20 a package or they
>can mail-order it, but I told them that I would ask online to see if
>anyone knew of a clone recipe for the seasoning.
>
>Is anyone familiar with the French's product and/or know of a clone
>that would be a suitable replacement?
>
>Thank you,
>Dave

Sorry, I've never heard of it. Try "Grandma's" chili powder.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 Jan 2007 15:26:58 -0800, "
> wrote:

>My in-laws love French's Chili-O seasoning, but their local supermarket
>was bought by another company and they are no longer able to find this
>package on the shelves. I can buy it for about $1.20 a package or they
>can mail-order it, but I told them that I would ask online to see if
>anyone knew of a clone recipe for the seasoning.
>
>Is anyone familiar with the French's product and/or know of a clone
>that would be a suitable replacement?

http://www.spiceplace.com/durkee-chili-pronto.php

May Carroll Shelby forgive me.
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:37:21 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
<moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:

>On 15 Jan 2007 15:26:58 -0800, "
> wrote:
>
>>My in-laws love French's Chili-O seasoning, but their local supermarket
>>was bought by another company and they are no longer able to find this
>>package on the shelves. I can buy it for about $1.20 a package or they
>>can mail-order it, but I told them that I would ask online to see if
>>anyone knew of a clone recipe for the seasoning.
>>
>>Is anyone familiar with the French's product and/or know of a clone
>>that would be a suitable replacement?
>>

>http://www.spiceplace.com/durkee-chili-pronto.php
>
>May Carroll Shelby forgive me.

I don't understand what Carroll Shelby has to do with it (I know the
name - my BIL owned a Shelby and I bet he wishes he'd kept it)

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

modom (palindrome guy) wrote:
> On 15 Jan 2007 15:26:58 -0800, "
> > wrote:
>
> >My in-laws love French's Chili-O seasoning, but their local supermarket
> >was bought by another company and they are no longer able to find this
> >package on the shelves. I can buy it for about $1.20 a package or they
> >can mail-order it, but I told them that I would ask online to see if
> >anyone knew of a clone recipe for the seasoning.
> >
> >Is anyone familiar with the French's product and/or know of a clone
> >that would be a suitable replacement?
> >

> http://www.spiceplace.com/durkee-chili-pronto.php
>
> May Carroll Shelby forgive me.

Not to mention Wick Fowler.

T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://www.carrollshelby.com/chili.htm
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:40:52 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
<moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:46:10 -0800, sf wrote:
>

>>I don't understand what Carroll Shelby has to do with it (I know the
>>name - my BIL owned a Shelby and I bet he wishes he'd kept it)

>http://www.carrollshelby.com/chili.htm

OH! Ok.... so who is Wick Fowler? Cars or chili?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:32:58 -0800, sf wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:40:52 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
><moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:46:10 -0800, sf wrote:
>>>
>>>I don't understand what Carroll Shelby has to do with it (I know the
>>>name - my BIL owned a Shelby and I bet he wishes he'd kept it)

>>http://www.carrollshelby.com/chili.htm

>OH! Ok.... so who is Wick Fowler? Cars or chili?

I know him for his chili. When I was a teenager back in the days of
LBJ and the Tet Offensive and multiple asssinations of politically
important people like RFK and MLK, Wick Fowler's chili mix (0 thorough
4 alarm) was part of the cultural landscape in my home town in the
Dallas area. It was always on the shelves of the local markets.

However, judging by the company he allegedly kept, I'd say Wick
probably drove a cool car, too. A hot rod Lincoln maybe, or a souped
up Riviera...

But I really don't know.
--

modom

http://www.koyote.com/users/modom/home.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:17:49 -0600, "modom (palindrome guy)"
<moc.etoyok@modom> wrote:

>However, judging by the company he allegedly kept, I'd say Wick
>probably drove a cool car, too. A hot rod Lincoln maybe, or a souped
>up Riviera...
>
>But I really don't know.

Sooooo, you're judging him by his chili which is HOT either in the
physical or literal sense depending on which one you eat? OK, I can
accept that.

--
See return address to reply by email

Clone Info Elpac Eparg Winemaking 3 05-12-2006 04:54 AM
Doctoring Up TJ's V8 Clone? J. Eric Durbin General Cooking 14 21-02-2006 06:54 PM
Do French people eat French Fries and French Toast ? Puester General Cooking 2 17-02-2005 05:22 AM
Clone Info Ryan Wine 5 15-03-2004 07:32 PM
Heinz Chili Sauce - Clone Recipe? Sam D. General Cooking 3 25-02-2004 01:08 AM