Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Thanks for suggestions for salmon & Buffalo

Thanks to all for your suggestions for stuffed baked salmon. I found a
recipe in an old cookbook that I tried and it came out really good.
For any who might be interested:

4-pound whole salmon (will also work with bass or red snapper)
Salt and pepper
Butter or margarine
Flour
1 cup dry bread crumbs or unseasoned stuffing mix or crumbled stale
bread
1 cup raw shrimp, chopped (or small shrimp)
1 cup raw oysters, chopped
1 cup scallions, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
Bacon
1/8 teaspoon thyme

Wash and clean fish. Rub the cavity with butter; season with salt and
pepper and sprinkle with flour. Mix the bread, shrimp, oysters,
scallions, celery, thyme, and season to taste. Add a piece of butter
to the mixture and stuff the fish lightly. Sew it up and place it in a
well-greased baking pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Score
the skin in three places and cover with strips of bacon. Bake in a 350
Deg over for 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a
fork. Baste often during baking. Serves 6. (If I did it again, I
would cover it with aluminum foil)