Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default kool-aide

is there a way to make a sorbet out of cool-aide?
im having some friends over in a bit, I have a couple of hours before
they get here
is there anything I can add that will make it creamy?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

rosemary's baby wrote:

> is there a way to make a sorbet out of cool-aide?
> im having some friends over in a bit, I have a couple of hours before
> they get here
> is there anything I can add that will make it creamy?

Sandra Lee did this on a show from last season.
It was the one in which she made a salad using
heirloom sardines.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> rosemary's baby wrote:
> >
> > is there a way to make a sorbet out of cool-aide?
> > im having some friends over in a bit, I have a couple of hours before
> > they get here
> > is there anything I can add that will make it creamy?

> Sandra Lee did this on a show from last season.
> It was the one in which she made a salad using
> heirloom sardines.

LOL what in the hell are "heirloom sardines"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-12-17, Mark Thorson > wrote:

> heirloom sardines.

??????

Whazzat? Sardines you found way in the back your grandma's cupboard
and packed in sild oil?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Vintage sardines (was kool-aide)

notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-12-17, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
> > heirloom sardines.

> ??????

I suspect it's vintage (millésime) sardines. Look 'em up. They are a
true delicacy. Myself, I am not convinced aging improves them all that
much, if at all, but those designed for aging are real sardines, not
anything else so often sold under that name, and they are always
supposed to be carefully selected and to be whole and fresh, not frozen
before grilling and canning, and the oil is of the best quality. The
ones I tried were superb, whether aged or not.

Victor

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-12-17, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
> > heirloom sardines.

> ??????
>
> Whazzat? Sardines you found way in the back your grandma's cupboard
> and packed in sild oil?
>
> nb

I found a can of "heirloom" canned peas recently in the back of a
cupboard I was cleaning out. Expiration date was 1992...

Both ends of the can were bulged.
That sucker got walked straight out to the dumpster. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:35:07 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-12-17, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>
>> heirloom sardines.

>??????
>
>Whazzat? Sardines you found way in the back your grandma's cupboard
>and packed in sild oil?

Now nb. You've been around long enough to know to take anything
SquidBoy says with a grain of salt. If at all.

TammyM, still chortling at "heirloom sardines"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 01:35:07 -0600, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2006-12-17, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>>
>>> heirloom sardines.

>>??????
>>
>>Whazzat? Sardines you found way in the back your grandma's cupboard
>>and packed in sild oil?

> Now nb. You've been around long enough to know to take anything
> SquidBoy says with a grain of salt. If at all.
>
> TammyM, still chortling at "heirloom sardines"

"Squidboy" is pretty good, too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:49:15 -0500, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>"TammyM" > wrote in message

>>>??????
>>>
>>>Whazzat? Sardines you found way in the back your grandma's cupboard
>>>and packed in sild oil?

>> Now nb. You've been around long enough to know to take anything
>> SquidBoy says with a grain of salt. If at all.
>>
>> TammyM, still chortling at "heirloom sardines"

>"Squidboy" is pretty good, too!

Not that I can take credit for it. That dubious honor would go to Val
Stark and Meg Worley - former rfc posters and all-around good gals!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Victor Sack" >

> I suspect it's vintage (millésime) sardines. Look 'em up. They are a
> true delicacy. Myself, I am not convinced aging improves them all that
> much, if at all,

I am not a big fan of aged fish, myself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> Both ends of the can were bulged.
> That sucker got walked straight out to the dumpster. ;-)
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.

yeah, that could have got real ugly
like.. the last thing in the world to eat is a swollen can of peas
what DO you do

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"house dude" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > Both ends of the can were bulged.
> > That sucker got walked straight out to the dumpster. ;-)

> yeah, that could have got real ugly
> like.. the last thing in the world to eat is a swollen can of peas
> what DO you do

Throw it away...
I can replace it for less than $1.00.

Funerals are far more expensive. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> I found a can of "heirloom" canned peas recently in the back of a
> cupboard I was cleaning out. Expiration date was 1992...
>
> Both ends of the can were bulged.
> That sucker got walked straight out to the dumpster. ;-)

I'm surprised you didn't pressure them! hehe

Sheldon

Kool Best flo General Cooking 0 19-08-2011 03:55 AM
Kitchen Aide vs Cuisinart Food Processor Janet Wilder[_1_] Cooking Equipment 7 29-10-2009 08:38 PM
Nuts in the Kitchen Aide are a No No Janet Wilder[_1_] Cooking Equipment 9 11-07-2009 02:13 AM
What wine tastes like Kool-Aide? [email protected] Wine 4 11-09-2005 04:58 PM
kool-aid Joe Winemaking 6 06-04-2004 07:47 PM