Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Kitchen Aide vs Cuisinart Food Processor

I have a Cuisinart Mini Pro food processor which is fine for just the
two of us. It's a full-fledged processor with a grown up motor, but very
small bowl. There is an attachment that will allow you to shoot food
into a larger bowl after it's sliced or shredded, but not for use with
the blade, so I am looking for a larger FP with a 7 qt. processing bowl.

Today I saw an ad from Target that is offering a nice unit for $99 but
it's a Kitchen Aide. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer but I am wondering if
their food processor is as good as a Cuisinart.

Does anyone have a Kitchen Aide FP? What is your opinion?

(I know I can get reviews on Google, but I want some from real cooks)

TIA,
Janet
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> I have a Cuisinart Mini Pro food processor which is fine for just the
> two of us. It's a full-fledged processor with a grown up motor, but very
> small bowl. There is an attachment that will allow you to shoot food
> into a larger bowl after it's sliced or shredded, but not for use with
> the blade, so I am looking for a larger FP with a 7 qt. processing bowl.
>
> Today I saw an ad from Target that is offering a nice unit for $99 but
> it's a Kitchen Aide. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer but I am wondering if
> their food processor is as good as a Cuisinart.
>
> Does anyone have a Kitchen Aide FP? What is your opinion?
>
> (I know I can get reviews on Google, but I want some from real cooks)
>
> TIA,
> Janet

While I don't have the KA FP, I did sell them when I worked at
Macy's/Famous-Barr here in StL. The only returns I can recall were
wedding duplicate gifts or the wrong size, too big or small for the
individual. The motors are well built and seem to last darn near
forever. If I didn't already have FP's I like (three total), I'd be
watching the sale prices to decide betwixt KA and Cuisinart.

jt
Posted to rec.food.equipment

jt august wrote:
> In article >,
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>
>> I have a Cuisinart Mini Pro food processor which is fine for just the
>> two of us. It's a full-fledged processor with a grown up motor, but very
>> small bowl. There is an attachment that will allow you to shoot food
>> into a larger bowl after it's sliced or shredded, but not for use with
>> the blade, so I am looking for a larger FP with a 7 qt. processing bowl.
>>
>> Today I saw an ad from Target that is offering a nice unit for $99 but
>> it's a Kitchen Aide. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer but I am wondering if
>> their food processor is as good as a Cuisinart.
>>
>> Does anyone have a Kitchen Aide FP? What is your opinion?
>>
>> (I know I can get reviews on Google, but I want some from real cooks)
>>
>> TIA,
>> Janet

> While I don't have the KA FP, I did sell them when I worked at
> Macy's/Famous-Barr here in StL. The only returns I can recall were
> wedding duplicate gifts or the wrong size, too big or small for the
> individual. The motors are well built and seem to last darn near
> forever. If I didn't already have FP's I like (three total), I'd be
> watching the sale prices to decide betwixt KA and Cuisinart.
>
> jt

Thanks, JT

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Oct 25, 1:00*pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> I have a Cuisinart Mini Pro food processor which is fine for just the
> two of us. It's a full-fledged processor with a grown up motor, but very
> small bowl. There is an attachment that will allow you to shoot food
> into a larger bowl after it's sliced or shredded, but not for use with
> the blade, so I am looking for a larger FP with a 7 qt. processing bowl.
>
> Today I saw an ad from Target that is offering a nice unit for $99 but
> it's a Kitchen Aide. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer but I am wondering if
> their food processor is as good as a Cuisinart.
>
> Does anyone have a Kitchen Aide FP? *What is your opinion?
>
> (I know I can get reviews on Google, but I want some from real cooks)
>
> TIA,
> Janet
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. *Cooking does.

Janet:
My KA 11 cup is a real workhorse. Have had it 7 years. Motor never
waivers. Can make mincemeat out of anything. Great at slaw, and spuds
for hash browns with the shredding disks

Big plus is the juice extractor (about 50.00, but worth every cent.).
Can you say watermelon margarita?
Pierre

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Susan wrote:
> On Oct 25, 1:00 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> I have a Cuisinart Mini Pro food processor which is fine for just the
>> two of us. It's a full-fledged processor with a grown up motor, but very
>> small bowl. There is an attachment that will allow you to shoot food
>> into a larger bowl after it's sliced or shredded, but not for use with
>> the blade, so I am looking for a larger FP with a 7 qt. processing bowl.
>>
>> Today I saw an ad from Target that is offering a nice unit for $99 but
>> it's a Kitchen Aide. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer but I am wondering if
>> their food processor is as good as a Cuisinart.
>>
>> Does anyone have a Kitchen Aide FP? What is your opinion?
>>
>> (I know I can get reviews on Google, but I want some from real cooks)
>>
>> TIA,
>> Janet
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

> Janet:
> My KA 11 cup is a real workhorse. Have had it 7 years. Motor never
> waivers. Can make mincemeat out of anything. Great at slaw, and spuds
> for hash browns with the shredding disks
>
> Big plus is the juice extractor (about 50.00, but worth every cent.).
> Can you say watermelon margarita?
> Pierre

Thanks. I appreciate your time in answering my question.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>I have a Cuisinart Mini Pro food processor which is fine for just the two
>of us. It's a full-fledged processor with a grown up motor, but very small
>bowl. There is an attachment that will allow you to shoot food into a
>larger bowl after it's sliced or shredded, but not for use with the blade,
>so I am looking for a larger FP with a 7 qt. processing bowl.
>
> Today I saw an ad from Target that is offering a nice unit for $99 but
> it's a Kitchen Aide. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer but I am wondering if
> their food processor is as good as a Cuisinart.
>
> Does anyone have a Kitchen Aide FP? What is your opinion?
>
> (I know I can get reviews on Google, but I want some from real cooks)
>
> TIA,
> Janet
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

After reading all the other reviews here, I will add only that:

I have owned a number of Cuisinart food processors, but, for me, it
doesn't get much better than a KA food processor.
The model I've had since March 2004 is here, but unavailable

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...tchen&n=507846

I don't stick to one brand, Cuisinart OR KitchenAid, because I've had some
real headaches with BOTH of these brands' appliances. And I don't know what
KitchenAid food processors are like this year, or by model. But mine is
'simply marvelous.'

MIne:
a.. Powerful 670-watt motor handles all processing tasks
a.. Three bowls: 11-cup, 9-cup, and 3-cup mini bowl with its own blade
a.. Citrus press for juice; two-piece food pusher for small items
a.. Dough blade, egg whip, slicing/shredding discs, with storage case

Janet, this one has three bowls. So, one shouldn't have to buy -- in my
case -- a mini processor on its own. I did own a mini fp. It didn't last
long --- oh, oh, I forget -- I've owned THREE mini fp's before I went to
this KA setup.

Why not find out Target's return policy and give then give it a go. Have
fun!

Dee Dee