Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Turkey Day: I Do Declare... PESTO!

I'm going to make a few cups of Pesto and bring it to the Cuz's for
Thanksgiving!

It'll be made up with a separate baggie of parmesan and pine nuts to mix in
right before serving.

And I even know how to make the kids eat it! From my plate's portion of
pesto, I'll employ the ancient (?) art of grabbing a piece of turkey breast
with my fingers, followed up by a keen swipe into the pesto, then swiftly
eat it up. Then repeat with some mashed potatoes. I know they'll try THAT!

Andy
Finger Food Maestro

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> I'm going to make a few cups of Pesto and bring it to the Cuz's for
> Thanksgiving!
>
> It'll be made up with a separate baggie of parmesan and pine nuts to mix
> in
> right before serving.
>
> And I even know how to make the kids eat it! From my plate's portion of
> pesto, I'll employ the ancient (?) art of grabbing a piece of turkey
> breast
> with my fingers, followed up by a keen swipe into the pesto, then swiftly
> eat it up. Then repeat with some mashed potatoes. I know they'll try THAT!
>
> Andy
> Finger Food Maestro

Just leave your paws off the stuffing and hand the bowl over to me!

Elisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Elisa said...

> Just leave your paws off the stuffing and hand the bowl over to me!
>
> Elisa

Elisa,

I'm always mindful of what's not on my plate.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Stuffing, Elisa??

<smootch>

Andy
Radio City Rockettes Fan.
Got legs?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Elisa said...
>
>> Just leave your paws off the stuffing and hand the bowl over to me!
>>
>> Elisa

> Elisa,
>
> I'm always mindful of what's not on my plate.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving!
>
> Stuffing, Elisa??
>
> <smootch>
>
> Andy

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Andy! <smootch back at ya>

Elisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> I'm going to make a few cups of Pesto and bring it to the Cuz's for
> Thanksgiving!
>
> It'll be made up with a separate baggie of parmesan and pine nuts to mix in
> right before serving.
>
> And I even know how to make the kids eat it! From my plate's portion of
> pesto, I'll employ the ancient (?) art of grabbing a piece of turkey breast
> with my fingers, followed up by a keen swipe into the pesto, then swiftly
> eat it up. Then repeat with some mashed potatoes. I know they'll try THAT!
>
> Andy
> Finger Food Maestro

I got my daughter to eat pesto by telling her that it's "dip". I'm
aware that it is NOT dip, but she'll eat anything if I tell her it's
dip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Andy
> Radio City Rockettes Fan.
> Got legs?

Did you watch them in the parade this morning on TV? My husband got
all googly eyed and said..."oohh...candy canes!" <eye roll>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne said...

> Andy wrote:
>> I'm going to make a few cups of Pesto and bring it to the Cuz's for
>> Thanksgiving!
>>
>> It'll be made up with a separate baggie of parmesan and pine nuts to
>> mix in right before serving.
>>
>> And I even know how to make the kids eat it! From my plate's portion
>> of pesto, I'll employ the ancient (?) art of grabbing a piece of
>> turkey breast with my fingers, followed up by a keen swipe into the
>> pesto, then swiftly eat it up. Then repeat with some mashed potatoes.
>> I know they'll try THAT!
>>
>> Andy
>> Finger Food Maestro

> I got my daughter to eat pesto by telling her that it's "dip". I'm
> aware that it is NOT dip, but she'll eat anything if I tell her it's
> dip.

Lynne,

It certainly can be called dip. Nice how you've trained the youngsters in
such a manner!

My pesto went over like a lead balloon. I didn't try to sell the family
on it but it tasted great with turkey, imho!!!

All the best,

Andy