Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pigeon Peas?

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
>I was browsing some interesting articles on South African Cuisine and came
> across the recipe below. It looks pretty good. Okay, call me rock stupid
> but I don't know where to buy pigeon peas. Think Global Foods might have
> 'em?

Any supermarket that carries Goya products should have them. The Spanish
word is gandules (ghan-dool-ays) - plural. In some stores, Goya's stuff is
in a whole separate section, like imports, rather than with the other brands
of canned & dried beans.

If you don't like them, don't pass final judgement based on the first try.
They're MUCH better when fresh. Try to cook them as little as possible.

Pigeon peas - ping Dog3 Default User General Cooking 2 16-12-2006 02:49 PM
Pigeon Peas? Default User General Cooking 3 21-11-2006 02:43 PM
Pigeon Peas? Pete C. General Cooking 0 19-11-2006 04:29 PM
Pigeon Peas? Chatty Cathy General Cooking 0 19-11-2006 03:05 PM
Split Pigeon Peas (Toor Daal) Ronnie Rao General Cooking 7 12-12-2004 09:48 AM