Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default looking for recipe - artichoke dip

I used to be able to find at a local grocery store deli, a COLD
artichoke dip. (I have a wonderfully delicious recipe for a warm dip
already). That store was run out of town by Walmart.

Now I can kind of find a similar dip, but its an artichoke/jalapeno. I
dont want jalapeno. I've tried googling and have not been able to find
what I'm looking for.

It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
chopped artichoke hearts.

Thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bizee wrote:
> I used to be able to find at a local grocery store deli, a COLD
> artichoke dip. (I have a wonderfully delicious recipe for a warm dip
> already). That store was run out of town by Walmart.
>
> Now I can kind of find a similar dip, but its an artichoke/jalapeno. I
> dont want jalapeno. I've tried googling and have not been able to find
> what I'm looking for.
>
> It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
> chopped artichoke hearts.
>
> Thanks

I just recently bought an artichoke dip from Costco. It's pretty yummy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

denise~* wrote:
> bizee wrote:
> > I used to be able to find at a local grocery store deli, a COLD
> > artichoke dip. (I have a wonderfully delicious recipe for a warm dip
> > already). That store was run out of town by Walmart.
> >
> > Now I can kind of find a similar dip, but its an artichoke/jalapeno. I
> > dont want jalapeno. I've tried googling and have not been able to find
> > what I'm looking for.
> >
> > It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
> > chopped artichoke hearts.
> >
> > Thanks

> I just recently bought an artichoke dip from Costco. It's pretty yummy.

How ****ing helpful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 Nov 2006 18:54:06 -0800, "bizee" > wrote:

>It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
>chopped artichoke hearts.

You could try making this, but not heating it?

* Exported from MasterCook *

Artichoke Dip

Recipe By :John & Helaine Bilos (RFC)
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers

2 bags pita bread
8 ounces cream cheese
12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 onion -- finely chopped
2 cloves garlic -- finely chopped
2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts -- drained well

Cut up pita bread into chip size triangles, separate and bake on a
cookie sheet until crispy (approximately 5 minutes).

Combine all other ingredients and mash (a KitchenAid mixer works
great).

Bake in a uncovered casserole dish for approximately 30 minutes at
350°F or until bubbly.

Serve hot out of the oven and scoop up dip with pita bread.

Source:
"rec.food.cooking"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Brought to The Great Twin Cities Potluck of 1998 by Elisabeth
Pletcher-Harincar.

"If you intend to take this to a party or are having friends
over be prepared to recite this recipe a number of times. My wife and
I bring xerox copies with us!" John Bilos 12/21/1989
Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 12 Nov 2006 18:54:06 -0800, "bizee" > wrote:
>
> >It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
> >chopped artichoke hearts.

> You could try making this, but not heating it?
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Artichoke Dip

This is delicious with chopped spinach in it, too.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick wrote:
> denise~* wrote:
> > bizee wrote:
> > > I used to be able to find at a local grocery store deli, a COLD
> > > artichoke dip. (I have a wonderfully delicious recipe for a warm dip
> > > already). That store was run out of town by Walmart.
> > >
> > > Now I can kind of find a similar dip, but its an artichoke/jalapeno. I
> > > dont want jalapeno. I've tried googling and have not been able to find
> > > what I'm looking for.
> > >
> > > It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
> > > chopped artichoke hearts.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > I just recently bought an artichoke dip from Costco. It's pretty yummy.

> How ****ing helpful.

Are you some kinda dork? Read the second paragraph.
I don't have a recipe, but I found something similar that the person
COULD NOT FIND in a store. This one does not have Jalapeno & it's a
cold dip, just like you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

denise~* wrote: it's a
> cold dip, just like you.

LOL...
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"denise~*" > wrote:

> bizee wrote:

> > It has sour cream, mayo, probably some cream cheese, parm cheese,
> > chopped artichoke hearts.

> I just recently bought an artichoke dip from Costco. It's pretty yummy.

You have to watch Costco, though. Things that don't keep as well are
sometimes bought locally. When I was at my sister's house, we went
through two huge Costco tubs of artichoke dip (the kind with jalapeno,
because we all liked it). When I got back to California, we bought a
tub and never finished it. The one in Washington state had a lot of
parmesan cheese, the one here had none but had cream cheese instead.
The one here was made in San Francisco, the other in Oregon.

[Note: both tasted better when heated]

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA