Taemon

Default Recipe: Artichoke and mushroom pie

So. I killfiled the trolls and some trollfeeders. What's left?
Bickering. I don't think this group can be saved, but I can certainly
try. I collected tens of recipes in the time I attended this group
when it was about food so it seems like a good idea to return the
favour. Today: Pie!

Artichoke and mushroom pie

Filling:

2 large fresh artichokes

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil

1 medium onion, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced

2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

1 tablespoon white wine or 2 teaspoons wine vinegar

1/4 pound firm mushrooms, such as cremini, portobello, or white
button,

sliced

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup (approximately) vegetable broth

1 recipe Dough for Savory (below) [nb this part of the recipe was
non-vegan]

PREPARATION:

Prepare the filling:

1. Steam the artichokes as directed above until cooked through. When
cool,

strip away the tough leaves, scrape out the choke and coarsely chop
the

rest.

2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, swirling the pan
to coat

the bottom. Add the onion, garlic and parsley. Reduce the heat to
medium and

sauté, stirring often, until the onion has softened, about 7 minutes.
Add

the wine or vinegar and stir until the liquid has evaporated, about 1

minute.

3. Add the mushrooms and stir until they start to release liquid,
about 3

minutes, adding vegetable broth as necessary to prevent sticking. Add
the

artichokes, lemon juice and only as much broth as necessary to keep
from

burning. (The mixture should not be soupy).

4. Let the mixture cool slightly before shaping and filling the pie
Dough

for Savory Pie.

Beach Runner

Taemon wrote:
> So. I killfiled the trolls and some trollfeeders. What's left?
> Bickering. I don't think this group can be saved, but I can certainly
> try. Please don't give up on the group. I'm trying. I appreciate your efforts.

This is a vegan group let make it so.