Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tried a new recipe - Beef & Artichoke Fettuccine

This was excellent ... I substituted Golden Whole Soy Bean Pasta for the
Fettuccine. Also made a low carb cheesecake so my readings included both
dishes. 1 hr. pp 130, 2 hrs. pp 120. 3 hrs. 96 I'm okay with this! (103
before the meal)

Beef And Artichoke Fettuccine

8 ounces uncooked fettuccine - spinach fettuccine is best
1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half
and reserve marinade
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups cooked roast beef ( 8 ounces) cut into julienne
strips freshly ground pepper 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans

Cook fettuccine as directed on package. While fettuccine is cooking, heat
reserved marinade in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in
marinade about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half;
heat until hot. Stir in Parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts and beef. Heat
until hot. Drain fettuccine; stir into sauce and toss with 2 forks.
Sprinkle with pepper and pecans.

Barbara H