Bob Pastorio

Default Ah, the scientific mind...

http://tinyurl.com/pgpn

Jack Schidt®

"Bob Pastorio" > wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/pgpn

From CNN:

"Instead, laser tests carried out by British physicists found that
cookies -- or biscuits, as they are known in Britain -- often develop "fault
lines" a few hours after baking."

Whattya suppose they're going to name the 'fault lines'? The Keebler Fault?
The 'Lorna Doone'? Or do you suppose they'll stick with Britsky and call it
'The Windsor Fault'?

Jack Crack

Bob

Jack wrote:

> Whattya suppose they're going to name the 'fault lines'? The Keebler
> Fault? The 'Lorna Doone'? Or do you suppose they'll stick with Britsky
> and call it 'The Windsor Fault'?

Those cracks are just a fact of life. It's Nobody's Fault.

Bob

Cindy Fuller

In article >,
Bob Pastorio > wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/pgpn

Physics has fallen on hard times. Physicists have to find new avenues
for their research. My former roommate studied the theory of cracks in
metals for her PhD research. Sounds like she missed her true calling by
not applying it to biscuits.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller
Blair P. Houghton

Cindy Fuller > wrote:
>Physics has fallen on hard times. Physicists have to find new avenues
>for their research. My former roommate studied the theory of cracks in
>metals for her PhD research. Sounds like she missed her true calling by
>not applying it to biscuits.

When I went to the University of Maryland studying EE one
of my good friends who was a Chem major was working up
the road at the USDA.

One of her jobs was to test samples of flour sent in from
various mills around the nation.

To test the flour, they baked cookies.

She had big, paper-wrapped bundles of cookies with her
every day she came to school after going to work, courtesy
of the American flour industry and the Federal Government.

--Blair
"Waste food. Starving students
and future engineers. Sounds
like a winning platform to me."

modom

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 06:05:25 -0400, zenit >
wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 03:19:30 -0400, Bob Pastorio >
>had to open a new box of zerones to say
>
>>http://tinyurl.com/pgpn

>"A paper on the research, entitled "A novel application of speckle
>interferometry for the measurement of strain distributions in
>semi-sweet biscuits," appeared Thursday in the journal Measurement,
>Science and Technology."
>
>I do hope they're sharing their findings with the U.S. Geological
>Survey folks...
>
><! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- >
>zenit

You must be thinking of my sister's cookies.

modom

Since I lost the brindle cat,
The rats come right up and peer into the pot.
-- Han Shan
Carnivore269

Bob Pastorio > wrote in message >...
> http://tinyurl.com/pgpn

Damn.
This strongly reminds me of how Cenotes formed after a large meteor strike...
I was just reading about that in a recent National geographic.

Time to start sacrificing virgins to the great cookie god. ;-)

C.