Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Info on bullion cubes?

Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
aallergic to it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote

> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
> aallergic to it.

redibase.com says no added MSG.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Kswck" > wrote
>
>> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
>> aallergic to it.

> redibase.com says no added MSG.
>
> nancy

Herb Ox also makes them. In a little yellow spot on the front of the label,
it says "No MSG".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Kswck" > wrote:

> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
> aallergic to it.

<g> Bullion comes in beef and chicken?? I thought it was silver and
gold. '-)

OK, this isn't a foil-wrapped cube or a granular product, but I've got
a jar of Penzeys Beef Soup Base and Seasoning * beef bouillon to me.
The ingredient is eight lines long in about 3 point font size. I don't
see monosodium glutamate listed (needs a magnifying glass!) but on their
nutritional info page for those 'base' items
<http://www.penzeys.com/scstore/image...al_information.
pdf> four of the seven products have 'no MSG' in the titles; the
'beef meat' does not. Kind of murky as to what it means, I think.

Penzeys bases are not cheap - $7.29 for an 8 oz jar of this beef
bouillon stuff and I have to say that I like it a lot. It tastes more
like beef meat that any other similar product I've used, and seems to
taste not as salty. I think Damsel has used their ham base (no MSG);
I think I'll give their chicken base a try next time I'm that way and
feeling flush.

FWIW. Good luck in the hunt.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
> allergic to it.

How do you know that your wife is actually allergic to MSG, was she
specifically tested for an MSG allergy? Very few people are allergic
to MSG. If "Wife" (is that your wife you're refering to or is your
dog's name "Wife"?) is really allergic to MSG then she is in deep doo
doo... because MSG occurs naturally in many, many everyday foods.
Btw, Chinese restaurant syndrome being related to MSG is a myth, folks
exhibit those symptoms from simply over eating at Chinese restaurants,
and from ingesting too much ordinary salt (Chinese cooks are heavy
handed with salt). People eat at Chinese restaurants and specify "no
msg" and it's omitted, yet they still exhibit the syndrom symptoms,
because they still over eat and ingest too much ordinary salt in too
short a time. People exhibit the same syndrome symptoms from over
indulging on salty snack foods (chips, pretzels), cheeses of all kinds,
and cold cuts, even fast foods, because they are so high in salts other
than MSG... I've seen folks consume a year's supply of ketchup, sauces,
and salad dressings during just one fast food meal... they ate too much
and overdosed on salt... and then wonder why they feel awful. People
exhibit the same syndom symptoms when they eat that entire container of
ice cream... ice cream is very high in salt. I really don't believe
your wife is allergic to MSG, because were that true then there are
many, many more everyday foods you'd be concerned about, no one needs
to consume bouillon cubes. And bouillon cubes contain very, very
little MSG, they are mostly ordinary table salt. The reason products
stipulate "*added* MSG" is because so many foods contain MSG
naturally... tomatoes, mushrooms, even breast milk contains MSG.

Sheldon Natural

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:27:55 -0400, Kswck wrote:
>
>> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
>> aallergic to it.

> You'll get a lot of answers that say "Doesn't contain MSG", but
> when you read the label carefully, they'll probably contain MSG,.
> just hidden under different definitions.
>
> If somebody was genuinely allergic to MSG, they'll still have a
> reaction from many products that claim "No [Added] MSG". The term
> "No Added MSG" usually translates to "There's a shitload of MSG in
> here - We just don't have to call it MSG".
>
> -sw

Hydrolized vegetable protein is one of the aliases, if I recall.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> "Kswck" > wrote
>>
>>> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
>>> aallergic to it.

>> redibase.com says no added MSG.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Herb Ox also makes them. In a little yellow spot on the front of the label,
> it says "No MSG".

Yabbut...be careful. There are many dozens of other names that are used
to mask the fact that MSG is present. "Soy protein" or "soy derivative"
are just a couple of them.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

thank you

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> "Kswck" > :
>
>> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
>> aallergic to it.

> Herb-OX is a brand that I'm aware of that contains no MSG.
>
> Michael
> --
> "I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage."
> - Erma Bombeck

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Kswck wrote:
>> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
>> allergic to it.

> How do you know that your wife is actually allergic to MSG, was she
> specifically tested for an MSG allergy? Very few people are allergic
> to MSG. If "Wife" (is that your wife you're refering to or is your
> dog's name "Wife"?) is really allergic to MSG then she is in deep doo
> doo... because MSG occurs naturally in many, many everyday foods.
> Btw, Chinese restaurant syndrome being related to MSG is a myth, folks
> exhibit those symptoms from simply over eating at Chinese restaurants,
> and from ingesting too much ordinary salt (Chinese cooks are heavy
> handed with salt). People eat at Chinese restaurants and specify "no
> msg" and it's omitted, yet they still exhibit the syndrom symptoms,
> because they still over eat and ingest too much ordinary salt in too
> short a time. People exhibit the same syndrome symptoms from over
> indulging on salty snack foods (chips, pretzels), cheeses of all kinds,
> and cold cuts, even fast foods, because they are so high in salts other
> than MSG... I've seen folks consume a year's supply of ketchup, sauces,
> and salad dressings during just one fast food meal... they ate too much
> and overdosed on salt... and then wonder why they feel awful. People
> exhibit the same syndom symptoms when they eat that entire container of
> ice cream... ice cream is very high in salt. I really don't believe
> your wife is allergic to MSG, because were that true then there are
> many, many more everyday foods you'd be concerned about, no one needs
> to consume bouillon cubes. And bouillon cubes contain very, very
> little MSG, they are mostly ordinary table salt. The reason products
> stipulate "*added* MSG" is because so many foods contain MSG
> naturally... tomatoes, mushrooms, even breast milk contains MSG.
>
> Sheldon Natural

If you MUST know, she is one who suffers from Migraines-MSG triggers a
Migraine and makes it more intense-do your homework. It will kick in about
20 minutes from injesting MSG. And Yes Sheldon, I know it occurs in many
foods-not just in such quantity.
And no Sheldon-I do not cook with much salt. And no Sheldon, she is not the
family dog-and YES Sheldon-you are still this newsgroup's resident putz-just
like always.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
> aallergic to it.

Thank you all, except for Sheldon-the resident putz.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Kswck wrote:
> >> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
> >> allergic to it.

> > How do you know that your wife is actually allergic to MSG, was she
> > specifically tested for an MSG allergy? Very few people are allergic
> > to MSG. If "Wife" (is that your wife you're refering to or is your
> > dog's name "Wife"?) is really allergic to MSG then she is in deep doo
> > doo... because MSG occurs naturally in many, many everyday foods.
> > Btw, Chinese restaurant syndrome being related to MSG is a myth, folks
> > exhibit those symptoms from simply over eating at Chinese restaurants,
> > and from ingesting too much ordinary salt (Chinese cooks are heavy
> > handed with salt). People eat at Chinese restaurants and specify "no
> > msg" and it's omitted, yet they still exhibit the syndrom symptoms,
> > because they still over eat and ingest too much ordinary salt in too
> > short a time. People exhibit the same syndrome symptoms from over
> > indulging on salty snack foods (chips, pretzels), cheeses of all kinds,
> > and cold cuts, even fast foods, because they are so high in salts other
> > than MSG... I've seen folks consume a year's supply of ketchup, sauces,
> > and salad dressings during just one fast food meal... they ate too much
> > and overdosed on salt... and then wonder why they feel awful. People
> > exhibit the same syndom symptoms when they eat that entire container of
> > ice cream... ice cream is very high in salt. I really don't believe
> > your wife is allergic to MSG, because were that true then there are
> > many, many more everyday foods you'd be concerned about, no one needs
> > to consume bouillon cubes. And bouillon cubes contain very, very
> > little MSG, they are mostly ordinary table salt. The reason products
> > stipulate "*added* MSG" is because so many foods contain MSG
> > naturally... tomatoes, mushrooms, even breast milk contains MSG.
> >
> > Sheldon Natural
> >

> If you MUST know, she is one who suffers from Migraines

Then you LIED, why did you LIE ('cause you're a waste of protoplasm).
"Wife" has no MSG allergy, you just made that up in your evil low IQ
brain.

Migraines are primarily triggered by emotional stress... if "Wife" got
rid of your miserable LYING redneck ass she'd be far better off... it's
you that "Wife" is allergic to, but you already knew that, you needed
to lay the blame elsewhere, because the truth gives you a headache, so
you blame poor innocent MSG... you SPINELESS Pinnochio nosed buffoon,
who can't even say the words "My wife", because you ain't a man, you're
a worm.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:27:55 -0400, Kswck wrote:
> >
> >> Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
> >> aallergic to it.

> > You'll get a lot of answers that say "Doesn't contain MSG", but
> > when you read the label carefully, they'll probably contain MSG,.
> > just hidden under different definitions.
> >
> > If somebody was genuinely allergic to MSG, they'll still have a
> > reaction from many products that claim "No [Added] MSG". The term
> > "No Added MSG" usually translates to "There's a shitload of MSG in
> > here - We just don't have to call it MSG".
> >
> > -sw

> Hydrolized vegetable protein is one of the aliases, if I recall.

So what... there are way too many myths concerning MSG. MSG is NOT an
allergen... the human body produces MSG in huge volumes.... human
breast milk contains 10X as much MSG as cow's milk. The human body
contains quite a bit of MSG naturally, just like it does salt.
However, ingesting too much of anything will cause distress (you can
even overdose on water), drinking too much beer will cause distress,
you going to say you're allergic to beer... why bother looking for MSG
free bouillon cubes anyway no one really needs bouillon cubes (except
as a scapegoat) to explain away that you give your wife headaches)...
now beer. hehe

http://allergies.about.com/cs/msg/a/aa022100a.htm

http://www.glutamate.org/default.asp

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> http://www.glutamate.org/default.asp
>

> Sheldon

That's very humorous. Ha ha ha. Glutamate.org. Supported by:

http://www.msgfacts.com/aboutus.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Kswck wrote:
>> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>>
>>> How do you know that your wife is actually allergic to MSG, was she
>>> specifically tested for an MSG allergy? Very few people are allergic
>>> to MSG. If "Wife" (is that your wife you're refering to or is your
>>> dog's name "Wife"?) is really allergic to MSG then she is in deep doo
>>> doo...

Could you be more of a sphincter than you have been in the
past? Apparently, yes.

>>> because MSG occurs naturally in many, many everyday foods.

Sorry, putz. Glutamates (and glutamic acid) occur naturally
in many foods. MSG in only a few in sufficient quantity to
be noticed.

>>> Btw, Chinese restaurant syndrome being related to MSG is a myth, folks
>>> exhibit those symptoms from simply over eating at Chinese restaurants,
>>> and from ingesting too much ordinary salt (Chinese cooks are heavy
>>> handed with salt). People eat at Chinese restaurants and specify "no
>>> msg" and it's omitted, yet they still exhibit the syndrom symptoms,
>>> because they still over eat and ingest too much ordinary salt in too
>>> short a time.

But they don't show those symptoms after eating, say, jerky
or salted peanuts or anchovies. What an utterly wonderful
ability our bodies have to discriminate where the salt came
from so we can discriminate against our Asian brethren.
Moron. You want "heavy-handed with salt," eat at a KFC.
Funny how nobody complains about MSG syndrome symptoms
there. Blowhole.

>>> People exhibit the same syndrome symptoms from over
>>> indulging on salty snack foods (chips, pretzels), cheeses of all kinds,
>>> and cold cuts, even fast foods, because they are so high in salts other
>>> than MSG...

A citation for that would be a wondrous thing - maybe a
medical paper that says the MSG is inert for humans and it's
really all about table salt. The same symptoms, you say?
Eating cheeses will cause pressure behind the eyes. Bologna
will trigger headaches. A bag of salt and vinegar chips will
cause hot flashes.

Actually, about 10% of the world's population is
salt-sensitive such that they react to salt with different
results than the 90%. Blood pressure temporarily rises with
the concomitant secondary effects, electrolyte imbalance,
fluid retention, etc. A huge study called "Intersalt" dealt
with all that. So, sorry, Cookie, wrong again. Or is it still.

>>> I've seen folks consume a year's supply of ketchup, sauces,
>>> and salad dressings during just one fast food meal...

"... a year's supply." <LOL> And he's seen it. Amazing...
With his own eyes.

>>> they ate too much
>>> and overdosed on salt... and then wonder why they feel awful. People
>>> exhibit the same syndom symptoms when they eat that entire container of
>>> ice cream... ice cream is very high in salt.

"Ice cream is very high in salt." <LOLOL> Ice cream... high
in salt... Bwah... Poor schmuck doesn't understand that the
salt goes with the ice to chill it, not into the bucket with
the cream and stuff. Must be that or he eats shitty ice cream.

>>> I really don't believe
>>> your wife is allergic to MSG,

<LOL> Like that matters...

>>> because were that true then there are
>>> many, many more everyday foods you'd be concerned about, no one needs
>>> to consume bouillon cubes. And bouillon cubes contain very, very
>>> little MSG, they are mostly ordinary table salt.

Let's try to follow this brilliant logic. If she's not
really allergic to MSG, then she needs to worry about a lot
of foods that don't contain it, especially ones that no one
needs. <LOL> World-class thinking.

>>> The reason products
>>> stipulate "*added* MSG" is because so many foods contain MSG
>>> naturally... tomatoes, mushrooms, even breast milk contains MSG.
>>>
>>> Sheldon Natural

Once, Winston Churchill made a speech apparently praising an
opponent. Called him a "natural" leader. When someone
decided to look up the word, one of the meanings was
"illegitimate." Like poetry to describe Shecky.

>> If you MUST know, she is one who suffers from Migraines

> Then you LIED, why did you LIE ('cause you're a waste of protoplasm).
> "Wife" has no MSG allergy, you just made that up in your evil low IQ
> brain.

Moron Sheldon lashes out again, needlessly, as usual and
wrong as always.

> Migraines are primarily triggered by emotional stress...

Once again the inheritor of Professor Irwin Corey's title of
the "World's Foremost Authority" (Amended to World's
Foreskin Authority) steps in his own foul-smelling lunch.
Shecky now dispenses medical advice along with his
nutritional wisdom. Did I say wisdom? I meant bullshit.

As above when our restaurant expert (who has never worked in
one) says:
>>> Btw, Chinese restaurant syndrome being related to MSG

is a myth, folks
>>> exhibit those symptoms from simply over eating at

Chinese restaurants,
>>> and from ingesting too much ordinary salt (Chinese

cooks are heavy
>>> handed with salt).

More twaddle from the Ph.D of it (Piled high and Deep).
Ordinary salt will not cause the list of symptoms attributed
to MSG. Most people won't react to MSG, but a percentage of
the population will. And for them, it's the familiar list of
headache, pressure behind the eyes, queasiness, flushing and
a sense of heat, and all those other familiar sensations.
The heaviest source of glutamates in nature is human breast
milk, but that's not MSG.

> if "Wife" got
> rid of your miserable LYING redneck ass she'd be far better off... it's
> you that "Wife" is allergic to, but you already knew that, you needed
> to lay the blame elsewhere, because the truth gives you a headache, so
> you blame poor innocent MSG... you SPINELESS Pinnochio nosed buffoon,
> who can't even say the words "My wife", because you ain't a man, you're
> a worm.

<LOL> Now we're getting interpersonal function lessons from
Mr. Diplomacy. Hard to imagine anyone being less in touch
with himself than poor Sheldon. Tell us more, manurewit,
about how to deal with others. Explain the manifold ways to
demonstrate respect. Show us more of your incisive analytic
prowess, parsing the complexities of the world to show the
way to true enlightenment. Moron.

Stick to your compost pile. Obviously you have a greater
kinship to that than science.

Pastorio
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Are there bullion cubes-beef and chicken-that do not contain MSG? Wife
>aallergic to it.

Be careful - there are lots of ways for them to 'fake' MSG without
actually using it nowadays - the same chemicals occur naturally in
many foods and when they concentrate them enough, there's your
non-msg-msg. (look out for hydrolysed soy protein for one)

If your wife is seriously sensitive to MSG I wouldn't buy boullion
cubes at all - they're not an essential product anyway. You can buy
packaged stock that has no MSG in it, so I use that instead. I looked
at some of the 'msg-free' instant stocks and decided that they're just
as bad as the real thing!

Bullion cubes KenK General Cooking 81 11-04-2017 09:01 PM
Bullion =/= bouillon Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 278 17-02-2013 05:09 PM
Bullion / bouillon graham General Cooking 0 13-02-2013 07:42 PM
Beef bullion cubes versus beef broth Mitch@... General Cooking 12 30-08-2007 07:05 PM
Rose hip "bullion cubes"? Lobster Man General Cooking 0 06-01-2007 11:59 PM