Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default SoCal-ers: A Taste of Newport

A Taste of Newport (at Fashion Island in Newport Beach) runs this
weekend. Just got back. Fabulous-oh! A *lot* of great SoCal
restaurants were represented and the food was wunnerful, wunnerful!
Some amazing wines were on offer, too.

I believe I need a wee nap about now :-)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
>A Taste of Newport (at Fashion Island in Newport Beach) runs this
> weekend. Just got back. Fabulous-oh! A *lot* of great SoCal
> restaurants were represented and the food was wunnerful, wunnerful!
> Some amazing wines were on offer, too.
>
> I believe I need a wee nap about now :-)
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I had no notice of this event! I am shamed! Then again I did not attend a
similar event in Sandy Eggo. From your post you seem to have been sated for
a while. I hope your delightful husband was equally pleased....or did you
go as a wanton single female? More on the wine if you please; was any of it
local?

XXXOOO,
Charliam

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 04:33:56 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>I had no notice of this event! I am shamed! Then again I did not attend a
>similar event in Sandy Eggo. From your post you seem to have been sated for
>a while. I hope your delightful husband was equally pleased....or did you
>go as a wanton single female?

No, no, Bill went with me. There was a fair showing of boutique beer,
so you know where he wound up.

>More on the wine if you please; was any of it
>local?

Quite a bit was local-ish (meaning SoCal and Central Coast). One
outstanding chardonnay was from a central coast winery called
Baileyana Winery, cellar name is El Gordo. It was unbelievably buttery
and somewhat peachy. Delicious.

XO,