Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New Whole Foods in SoCal

I'm just finding out that TPTB in my fair SoCal city are eagerly
anticipating a new Whole Foods opening about a half block from a
Ralph's. In fact, Bill and I always reference this particular Ralph's
as "good Ralph's," distinguishing it from the one closer to our house
which is very small, insanely busy and has the worst produce
department I ever saw - which is counterintuitive: wouldn't you think
their produce turnover would argue for *fresh* produce? - and I rarely
come out of the place with all the items ticked off my grocery list.

Anyway, I'm less than goggle eyed over the prospect of a Whole Foods
and not likely to patronize this one, either. Not only is their CEO a
right wing whack job, but there's a reason the stores are called
"Whole Paycheck."

I'll stick with TJ's and Henry's for the stuff I don't/can't get at
Ralph's, think kew.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote

> Anyway, I'm less than goggle eyed over the prospect of a Whole Foods
> and not likely to patronize this one, either. Not only is their CEO a
> right wing whack job, but there's a reason the stores are called
> "Whole Paycheck."

WF does have some items not readily found elsewhere though. We go there
every few months for the specialties that can often be had at reasonable
prices. It is definitely not a place to do the weekly shopping though. It
has a place in our shopping, just not a big one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
| I'm just finding out that TPTB in my fair SoCal city are eagerly
| anticipating a new Whole Foods opening about a half block from a
| Ralph's. In fact, Bill and I always reference this particular Ralph's
| as "good Ralph's," distinguishing it from the one closer to our house
| which is very small, insanely busy and has the worst produce
| department I ever saw - which is counterintuitive: wouldn't you think
| their produce turnover would argue for *fresh* produce? - and I rarely
| come out of the place with all the items ticked off my grocery list.
|
| Anyway, I'm less than goggle eyed over the prospect of a Whole Foods
| and not likely to patronize this one, either. Not only is their CEO a
| right wing whack job, but there's a reason the stores are called
| "Whole Paycheck."
|
| I'll stick with TJ's and Henry's for the stuff I don't/can't get at
| Ralph's, think kew.

You might consider wandering through the store, examining what
they have to offer, and in case you see something good buying
it rather than sight-unseen condemning it and putting your nose
in the air whenever you pass it. With an open mind and enquiring
nature you possibly may unveil a previously unknown universe of
splendor and great cheeses and other things. But if you wish you
may indeed condemn it, calling it "whole paycheck" and not trying
to find out what it has to entice the buyer of decent foods. Your
choice, indeed.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:34:54 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, "Ed
Pawlowski" > wrote,
>WF does have some items not readily found elsewhere though. We go there
>every few months for the specialties that can often be had at reasonable
>prices.

Examples?