Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default anyone got a realy good marinade for steak?

I'm just getting bored with the same old oe I use now.

Empress2454 #124457

The best Games

href=http://www.gamestotal.com/>Strategy Games</a><br><a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com/>Unification Wars</a> - <a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com/>Massive Multiplayer Online
href=http://www.stephenyong.com/runescape.htm>Runescape</a><br><a
href=http://www.stephenyong.com/kingsofchaos.htm>Kings of chaos</a><br>

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

wrote:
> I'm just getting bored with the same old oe I use now.

When you're bored you want to try something different, right? Why not
splurge and get a really good piece of meat to begin with? A truly
good steak needs a little bit of salt and benefits from a little bit of
pepper. It does not need any sauce and it sure as hell doesn't need a
marinade. Not that those have to be bad, but it sounds like you need
to remind yourself about the basics. All a good beefsteak needs is a
hot fire, whether it's from a grill or a broiler or a cast iron
skillet, with or without ridges; attention to remove it from the heat
before it overcooks; care to let it rest for a while to gather its
juices. So tell us what you're doing now -- what cut of meat, what
grade, how do you cook it? We can make it better. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted shuffled out of his cave and grunted these great (and sometimes not
so great) words of knowledge:

Try some Adolph's Meat Marinade (not the Steak marinade). I keep it in
the marinade overnite, not the short time the directions state.

I feel it provides a very nice flavor to the meat and keeps it moist if
you accidently leave it on the grill too long (don't ask me how I know
about that).

> I'm just getting bored with the same old oe I use now.
>
> Empress2454 #124457
>
> The best Games

> href=http://www.gamestotal.com/>Strategy Games</a><br><a
> href=http://uc.gamestotal.com/>Unification Wars</a> - <a
> href=http://uc.gamestotal.com/>Massive Multiplayer Online
> href=http://www.stephenyong.com/runescape.htm>Runescape</a><br><a
> href=http://www.stephenyong.com/kingsofchaos.htm>Kings of chaos</a><br>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

You don't marinade steak.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ted Campanelli

top posted:

> Try some Adolph's Meat Marinade (not the Steak marinade). I keep it in
> the marinade overnite, not the short time the directions state.
>
> I feel it provides a very nice flavor to the meat and keeps it moist if
> you accidently leave it on the grill too long (don't ask me how I know
> about that).

Is that flavour preferable to that of the meat?

--
Craig
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:
> You don't marinade steak.

I marinate cheaper (or previously cheaper) cuts such as flank steak. I
would never think to marinate a really good steak. Marinades do wonders
for flank steaks though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL > wrote:
wrote in news:1157507967.676791.202810
:

>> I'm just getting bored with the same old oe I use now.

>I just good olive oil, some cracked black pepper and some spicy seasoning
>mix. Then flame grill the steaks.

First OO, then salt, then flame, then black pepper.

You'll think it's the best steak you ever had.

If you ever need to "flavor" a steak, either it's a
semi-rotten piece that you're trying to salvage, or you've
had too much steak and really want chicken.

Although, if it's skirt steak, put it in a big ziploc with
the juice of one orange and one lime, half an onion sliced
thinly, three cloves of sliced garlic, a few tablespoons
of salt, and a couple tablespoons each of cilantro and
oregano (or half a handful each fresh if you can get them,
chopped fine). Squeeze out as much air as you can, seal
it, and drop it in a tupperware and leave it in the fridge
for 24-72 hours, turning it every once in a while.

Take it out, rinse off the bits, and slap it on a red-hot
grill. Flip after two minutes. Remove after two minutes
and wrap in foil. Warm some tortillas while waiting five
minutes for the meat to rest. Slice the meat thinly on
the bias and serve on the tortillas with chopped tomato,
onion, cheese, and a little hot sauce.

Congratulations, you just made Carne Asada.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton wrote:

> Take it out, rinse off the bits, and slap it on a red-hot
> grill. Flip after two minutes. Remove after two minutes
> and wrap in foil.

How thick a steak do you cook for 4 minutes?

--
Craig

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:59:27 -0700, empress2454 wrote:

> I'm just getting bored with the same old oe I use now.

Kobe Beef Tenderloin Marinated in Molasses and Black Pepper.

http://www.fbworld.com/Recipes/dean%...tendrloin.html

I have done this marinade and it is great! Not something you would do
everytime but nice for a change.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:
> You don't marinade steak.

You can, but only if you also verb nouns.

-j.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:
> You don't marinade steak.

That's what I was thinking as well. Rub it with some fresh garlic, add
a little pepper and it's ready to go.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> 1/2 cup olive oil
> 2 tsp kosher salt
> 1 tablespoon coarse-ground black pepper
> 1 tablespoon crushed garlic

That marinade wouldn't be bad because there is no acid or alchol.
Marinades with alchol or acid cook the meat chemicaly. My mother
marinades her stakes for hours to the point that they turn to mush.
Unfortuatly I don't have the heart to tell her.

Personaly I just start with a decent cut of meat brush with olive oil,
sprinkle with garlic salt and cook an a super hot grill.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

empress wrote:
> I'm just getting bored.

Truffle butter, after cooking.

Sheldon Fungai

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Craig Welch > wrote:
>Blair P. Houghton wrote:
>> Take it out, rinse off the bits, and slap it on a red-hot
>> grill. Flip after two minutes. Remove after two minutes
>> and wrap in foil.

>How thick a steak do you cook for 4 minutes?

Anything under 3/4ths of an inch. Skirt steak is less
than half an inch. 2 minutes over a proper grill will
sear it and give it good dark crunchy grill marks and
get the very center just pink.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:12:21 -0700, in rec.food.cooking, Kent wrote:

>You don't marinade steak.

Obviously the OP does. You meant to write 'I don't marinade steak', or "I
don't like marinaded steak'. Lots and lots of people marinade steak.

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com