Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default The Carbquick is Here!

The Brown truck just bought our first package of Carbquick Baking Mix.
I would love some recipes from those of you who use it. I would
especially like a pizza recipe. The one on their website is for a white
pizza and what we crave is a red pizza.

Can anyone share their Carbquick recipes?

TIA
--
-----------
Janet Wilder
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

What's the story on Carbquick?

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> The Brown truck just bought our first package of Carbquick Baking Mix. I
> would love some recipes from those of you who use it. I would especially
> like a pizza recipe. The one on their website is for a white pizza and
> what we crave is a red pizza.
>
> Can anyone share their Carbquick recipes?
>
> TIA
> --
> -----------
> Janet Wilder
> The Road Princess
> http://janetwilder.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

like Red Lobster's®

Serves: 8
Prep. Time: 0:15

2 cups Carbquick® baking mix
1/3 cup cream

1/3 cup water
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
parsley flakes - as needed

Combine Carbquick®, cream, water, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon
for about 30 seconds.

Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.

Bake in 450 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes.

Combine butter and garlic powder and brush or pour over hot biscuits;
sprinkle with parsley.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

nani wrote:

> Cheddar Bay Biscuits
>
> like Red Lobster's®
>
> Serves: 8
> Prep. Time: 0:15
>
> 2 cups Carbquick® baking mix
> 1/3 cup cream
>
> 1/3 cup water
> 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
> 1/4 cup melted butter
> 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
> parsley flakes - as needed
>

> Combine Carbquick®, cream, water, and cheddar and beat with a wooden spoon
> for about 30 seconds.
>

> Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
>

> Bake in 450 degree oven for 8 - 10 minutes.
>

> Combine butter and garlic powder and brush or pour over hot biscuits;
> sprinkle with parsley.

Thanks for the recipe. I appreciate it.

--
-----------
Janet Wilder
The Road Princess
http://janetwilder.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Uncle Enrico" > wrote in
om:

> How does it affect your blood sugar?
>
> By the way, I found a low carb bread at a trendy chain bakery called
> Panera. They have a website. www.panera.com.
>
> Anyway, the bakery has two low carb breads: herbal Italian loaf and
> a pumpkin seed bread. I've tried the Italian loaf and it's good. I
> got a 114 one hour after two slices in a sandwich. Three hours later
> I got a 125, one hour PP. They add soy to their flour.
>
> One big disappointment: damned trans fats.
>
> The bread is pricey at $6 a loaf.

I love the bread "Healthy Way" by Olafson's bakery in Canada.
http://www.olafsons.com/hw.html I get it at Albertson's, Safeway & QFC
in the Northwest

No soy (except for the soy varieties), no trans fats (heck, no fat at
all!). Whole grains. Carbs about 13-15 grams per slice with about 4-5
grams of fiber and reasonably priced at about $3.00 per loaf. Costco
carries it.

It has low impact on my bgs and makes *great* toast (unlike all the
other low-carb breads I tried)

Sherry

carbquick experiments krom Diabetic 0 24-12-2007 01:47 PM
Modifying Carbquick for Pizza Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 01-12-2007 08:30 PM
CarbQuick question Cheri Diabetic 20 10-11-2007 03:53 AM
CarbQuick Experiment #1 Barbara H Diabetic 5 06-10-2007 06:07 AM