Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default CarbQuick Experiment #1

Okay - my CarbQuick arrived from Netrition last night. So this morning I
made two pancakes by modifying a couple of recipes I found at the sites
mentioned here (Carbquick & Bisquick)

I mixed in a small bowl:
3/8 c. almond breeze original (no sugar)
1/8 c. eggbeaters
1 Tbs. Splenda
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Then added:
1/2 c. CarbQuick + a little more for a thicker batter
Mixed well then folded in 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil.

Cooked on a griddle at medium high heat just like normal pancakes.

They were really wonderful. I was amazed. Of course I added butter and had
my favorite fake sausage patty (Morningstar farms). I need to try a lower
carb syrup though. I used maple grove and it had 11 carbs for 1/4 c. Is
DaVincis pancake syrup good? I'd like to cut that down as much as possible.

Here's the really good part:
I got up with a fasting bg 115 (I'm normally a little lower than than)
1 hour after my big breakfast - 122 bg
2 hours after = 99 bg.

I'm making Susan's apple cake tonight. Thanks again for all the good info!

Best
Barbara H - T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Anyone Downunder know if any of these products are available here I have
never seen them anywhere.

RodS

"Barbara H" > wrote in message
> Okay - my CarbQuick arrived from Netrition last night. So this morning I
> made two pancakes by modifying a couple of recipes I found at the sites
> mentioned here (Carbquick & Bisquick)
>
> I mixed in a small bowl:
> 3/8 c. almond breeze original (no sugar)
> 1/8 c. eggbeaters
> 1 Tbs. Splenda
> 1/2 tsp. vanilla
>
> Then added:
> 1/2 c. CarbQuick + a little more for a thicker batter
> Mixed well then folded in 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil.
>
> Cooked on a griddle at medium high heat just like normal pancakes.
>
> They were really wonderful. I was amazed. Of course I added butter and

had
> my favorite fake sausage patty (Morningstar farms). I need to try a

lower
> carb syrup though. I used maple grove and it had 11 carbs for 1/4 c. Is
> DaVincis pancake syrup good? I'd like to cut that down as much as

possible.

> Here's the really good part:
> I got up with a fasting bg 115 (I'm normally a little lower than than)
> 1 hour after my big breakfast - 122 bg
> 2 hours after = 99 bg.
>
> I'm making Susan's apple cake tonight. Thanks again for all the good

info!

> Best
> Barbara H - T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Barbara H" > wrote in message
> Okay - my CarbQuick arrived from Netrition last night. So this morning I
> made two pancakes by modifying a couple of recipes I found at the sites
> mentioned here (Carbquick & Bisquick)
>
> I mixed in a small bowl:
> 3/8 c. almond breeze original (no sugar)
> 1/8 c. eggbeaters
> 1 Tbs. Splenda
> 1/2 tsp. vanilla
>
> Then added:
> 1/2 c. CarbQuick + a little more for a thicker batter
> Mixed well then folded in 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil.
>
> Cooked on a griddle at medium high heat just like normal pancakes.
>
> They were really wonderful. I was amazed. Of course I added butter and
> had my favorite fake sausage patty (Morningstar farms). I need to try a
> lower carb syrup though. I used maple grove and it had 11 carbs for 1/4
> c. Is DaVincis pancake syrup good? I'd like to cut that down as much as
> possible.
>
> Here's the really good part:
> I got up with a fasting bg 115 (I'm normally a little lower than than)
> 1 hour after my big breakfast - 122 bg
> 2 hours after = 99 bg.
>
> I'm making Susan's apple cake tonight. Thanks again for all the good
> info!

The DaVinci's syrup is like water. At least I thought so. Smelled very
mapley but didn't have much of a maple taste. I haven't found any low carb
syrup that I thought was worth eating. I don't eat pancakes much. I will
occasionally make gluten free, dairy free and egg free ones for my daughter.
They don't taste like real pancakes but that's as close as I can get. I
will occasionally have a dime sized one with a drop of real maple syrup on
it. That's about as good as it gets for me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I don't know about CarbQuick but there is a section in just about every
health food store that sells the low carb items, sometimes Atkins' foods but
everything is usually horribly expensive. Like I wouldn't pay $12 to make a
dozen small cookies for example.

"RodS" > wrote in message
> Anyone Downunder know if any of these products are available here I have
> never seen them anywhere.
>
> RodS
>
> "Barbara H" > wrote in message
>> Okay - my CarbQuick arrived from Netrition last night. So this morning I
>> made two pancakes by modifying a couple of recipes I found at the sites
>> mentioned here (Carbquick & Bisquick)
>>
>> I mixed in a small bowl:
>> 3/8 c. almond breeze original (no sugar)
>> 1/8 c. eggbeaters
>> 1 Tbs. Splenda
>> 1/2 tsp. vanilla
>>
>> Then added:
>> 1/2 c. CarbQuick + a little more for a thicker batter
>> Mixed well then folded in 1 Tbs. melted coconut oil.
>>
>> Cooked on a griddle at medium high heat just like normal pancakes.
>>
>> They were really wonderful. I was amazed. Of course I added butter and

> had
>> my favorite fake sausage patty (Morningstar farms). I need to try a

> lower
>> carb syrup though. I used maple grove and it had 11 carbs for 1/4 c. Is
>> DaVincis pancake syrup good? I'd like to cut that down as much as

> possible.
>>
>> Here's the really good part:
>> I got up with a fasting bg 115 (I'm normally a little lower than than)
>> 1 hour after my big breakfast - 122 bg
>> 2 hours after = 99 bg.
>>
>> I'm making Susan's apple cake tonight. Thanks again for all the good

> info!
>>
>> Best
>> Barbara H - T2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Barbara H" > wrote in message

> They were really wonderful. I was amazed. Of course I added butter and
> had my favorite fake sausage patty (Morningstar farms). I need to try a
> lower carb syrup though. I used maple grove and it had 11 carbs for 1/4
> c. Is DaVincis pancake syrup good? I'd like to cut that down as much as
> possible.

There's Sorbee, which is 3g carb per 1/4 cup.
http://www.sorbee.com/syrups.htm
I've tried the original maple and blueberry flavors. I do NOT recomend
blueberry! I can't remember much about the maple flavor but I did finish
the bottle so I guess it wasn't too bad. I usually buy Cary's, which is 12g
per 1/4 cup but it's all sugar alcohols. Normally that stuff kills my
stomach but I generally use only 2 tbsp at a time and Cary's syrup has never
bothered me.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote in message

> There's Sorbee, which is 3g carb per 1/4 cup.
> http://www.sorbee.com/syrups.htm
> I've tried the original maple and blueberry flavors. I do NOT recomend
> blueberry! I can't remember much about the maple flavor but I did finish
> the bottle so I guess it wasn't too bad. I usually buy Cary's, which is
> 12g per 1/4 cup but it's all sugar alcohols. Normally that stuff kills my
> stomach but I generally use only 2 tbsp at a time and Cary's syrup has
> never bothered me.

I tried the Cary's once. It was like water to me too. Didn't like it at
all.

carbquick experiments krom Diabetic 0 24-12-2007 02:47 PM
Modifying Carbquick for Pizza Uncle Enrico Diabetic 0 01-12-2007 09:30 PM
CarbQuick question Cheri Diabetic 20 10-11-2007 04:53 AM
The Carbquick is Here! Janet Wilder Diabetic 4 05-05-2006 09:34 PM
pH TA experiment Paul E. Lehmann Winemaking 1 06-11-2003 10:05 PM