Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Rec: Saute of Lamb Liver with a Polonaise Garnish

Following my supplier difficulties with Lamb Liver, I now just buy a whole
liver, skin it, then chill it down to the semi- plastic stage, and then it
can be sliced very thinly. Easily portioned for the freezer.

Put the slices of trimmed livers into a bowl of lightly salted milk for an
hour.
Drain and pat dry.
In a skillet, put a very little oil and fry till well-done, a few rashers of
bacon. remove them and drain.
The bacon fats in the pan - use them to fry the liver - just a minute each
side so it's still quite rare.
Onto a warm plate with the bacon.

Meanwhile, have already cooked, some cauliflower florets and some Button
Brussels Sprouts to Al Dente.
INTo the pan you just fried the Liver & Bacon in, toss the veggies and stir
around until taking on a bit of colour.
Drain them well and arrange on the plate, with a bit of salad.
To finish the Polonaise Garnish - on the veggies - -
A Hard boiled egg, the white grated over the veggies, then the cooked yolk
pushed through a seive and dredged - powder like, on top.
Finish it off with a dusting of chopped parsley and some mignonette black
pepper.
I added a few cloves of Pickled Garlic. Yummy!

Some people would drizzle Soured Cream over the veggies, but that would be
too heavy.
You could use Pig Liver too, because it's cheaper.
But in any case - the Liver should not be cooked through - but still nice
and pink - in fact - the bloodier, the better it tastes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> But in any case - the Liver should not be cooked through - > but still nice
>and pink - in fact - the bloodier, the better it tastes.

Each to his/her own! After majoring in biology in college and looking
at various things under the 'scope, I am very partial to well-done
liver, eggs, and all meats and poultry. YMMV!!!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"pinecone" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> But in any case - the Liver should not be cooked through - > but still
>> nice
> >and pink - in fact - the bloodier, the better it tastes.
>>

> Each to his/her own! After majoring in biology in college and looking
> at various things under the 'scope, I am very partial to well-done
> liver, eggs, and all meats and poultry. YMMV!!!

So, as a Biology expert type, having looked and Majored through various
things under the 'scope, you will have arrived at the incorrect conclusion
that everything has to be overcooked?
I'm really glad you ain't MY wife. (Or Boyfriend if you're a pouffe)
Can hardly immagine all that extra effort at chewing, never mind vainly
trying to digest, overcooked foods.
Quite probably YOU and friends were the ones to give the World, the
knowledge, that overcooked Boiled Eggs cause constipation, bowel laxity and
in line with all overcooked foods, give rise to the various Colon Cancers?
I dont belive you ever managed to Qualify in any Quantifiable and immedaite
field of concern, considering the very narrow view you espouse, or you would
and could /SHOULD have presented evidence to back up your statement.
As a child, I suffered from an ailment that REQUIRED that I ate RAW Livers
on a daily basis.
I found it most unpalatable.
I was young enough to naturaly discover that eating live Earth-Worms a most
acceptable alternative (From a Medical Point of View)
Grubs from various insect nests, I found quite delicious.
I lived in an environment of plenty until my middle teens.

DONT try to passion ME with your majoring in biology rubbish.
Better - Why not Roger yourself with a nice Gooseberry Bush... Maybe clear
your head a bit.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:43:02 +0100, "See Hear"
> wrote:

>"pinecone" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>>> But in any case - the Liver should not be cooked through - > but still
>>> nice
>> >and pink - in fact - the bloodier, the better it tastes.
>>>

>> Each to his/her own! After majoring in biology in college and looking
>> at various things under the 'scope, I am very partial to well-done
>> liver, eggs, and all meats and poultry. YMMV!!!
>>

>So, as a Biology expert type, having looked and Majored through various
>things under the 'scope, you will have arrived at the incorrect conclusion
>that everything has to be overcooked?
>I'm really glad you ain't MY wife. (Or Boyfriend if you're a pouffe)

Jeez! Where did that come from?

>Can hardly immagine all that extra effort at chewing, never mind vainly
>trying to digest, overcooked foods.
>Quite probably YOU and friends were the ones to give the World, the
>knowledge, that overcooked Boiled Eggs cause constipation, bowel laxity and
>in line with all overcooked foods, give rise to the various Colon Cancers?
>I dont belive you ever managed to Qualify in any Quantifiable and immedaite
>field of concern, considering the very narrow view you espouse, or you would
>and could /SHOULD have presented evidence to back up your statement.
>As a child, I suffered from an ailment that REQUIRED that I ate RAW Livers
>on a daily basis.
>I found it most unpalatable.
>I was young enough to naturaly discover that eating live Earth-Worms a most
>acceptable alternative (From a Medical Point of View)
>Grubs from various insect nests, I found quite delicious.
>I lived in an environment of plenty until my middle teens.
>
>DONT try to passion ME with your majoring in biology rubbish.
>Better - Why not Roger yourself with a nice Gooseberry Bush... Maybe clear
>your head a bit.

What on earth brought that torrent of vitriol on? PC said
nothing to warrant that.

I eat my meat rare - but that doesn't mean I agree with
anything else you say.

Dickhead.

'bye, Alan, T2, Australia.
Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

You must all pardon my sudden onset of verbal/written flatulence.
MOST unlike me.
I think I may have overdosed on Metformin.

At the same time, I hardly think I warrant being called a Dickhead.
Thankyou and goodnight.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

And what does YMMV mean?
I think I guessed already -
and if I'm right, I dont think I'd have you in my home never mind near the
table...

"pinecone" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> But in any case - the Liver should not be cooked through - > but still
>> nice
> >and pink - in fact - the bloodier, the better it tastes.
>>

> Each to his/her own! After majoring in biology in college and looking
> at various things under the 'scope, I am very partial to well-done
> liver, eggs, and all meats and poultry. YMMV!!!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:51:21 +0100, "See Hear"
> wrote:

>And what does YMMV mean?
>I think I guessed already -
>and if I'm right, I dont think I'd have you in my home never mind near the
>table...

Try a little googling. It means Your Mileage May Vary. Now
re-read the post with that in mind.

And re-read your own response if you still think I was wrong
in my reaction.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

My Perverted thought processes said immediately - - - -
"YMMV" I interpreted as = "You Make Me Vomit" - which is what got my back up
to start with.

I think we should drop this now!
And I STILL dont look like a dickhead!
(Even IF I am one) - Conceded.

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:51:21 +0100, "See Hear"
> > wrote:
>
>>And what does YMMV mean?
>>I think I guessed already -
>>and if I'm right, I dont think I'd have you in my home never mind near the
>>table...

> Try a little googling. It means Your Mileage May Vary. Now
> re-read the post with that in mind.
>
> And re-read your own response if you still think I was wrong
> in my reaction.
>
> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 2x500mg
> --
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 03:35:02 +0100, "See Hear"
> wrote:

>My Perverted thought processes said immediately - - - -
>"YMMV" I interpreted as = "You Make Me Vomit" - which is what got my back up
>to start with.
>
>I think we should drop this now!
>And I STILL dont look like a dickhead!
>(Even IF I am one) - Conceded.

Fairy Nuff:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Hi,

As a request, could people try *not* to use the abbreviations (and acronyms) so often used on usenet.

I do appreciate why they were used, it was to conserve time spent on line when it was far more expensive and much slower than now.
But now there's no need for such cryptic abbreviations which can easily lead to misunderstandings - and have here.

In fact 'YMMV' is itself rather cryptic to some when expanded ('your mileage may vary' doesn't obviously mean 'it may be different for you').

Believe me, I do appreciate that these abbreviations are dear to some - but they are a barrier to understanding for others.

So again, please don't use them.

Take care,
Phil.

"Time wounds all heels."

http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
http://www.aypee.me.uk/index.html

Diagnosed December 2005
Metformin, 3 × 500 mg
Gliclazide, 2 × 80 mg
Simvastatin, 1 × 40 mg
(and a whole bunch of other stuff for other problems)