Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Rec: Just invented this

Well, I think I just invented it.
I'm calling it "Chicken Kiev Souffle Fritters"
Leftover egg-whites from a Sabayon for someone else's Dinner party
tonight...
A cooked Chicken leg from yesterday - and a bit of breast too.
Unfortunately it DOES use an Ounce (Tablespoon) of wheat flour for a sauce,
but you dont get that much of it...

Right.

Mince up cooked chicken (Say about 8 ounces meats) with two WHOLE Red
Chillies and a hefty handful of Parsley.
Put that into the bowl with a tablespoon Dried Garlic Flakes and a hefty
grind of Black Pepper and a teaspoon of dried dill weed.

Meanwhile melt an Ounce of Butter or Marg in a saucepan and add to that an
ounce of Plain (all-purpose) wheat flour.
Cook this mixture gently until it develops both a "sandy" consistency and
cook a bit further until it takes on a pale golden colour.
Remove from the heat and cool the base of the pan in cold water.

Take 7 Fl Oz of Semi-Skim Milk and into it, crumble a Chicken Oxo Cube - (or
similar) and microblast it till it's warm but NOT hot.
Stir the Milk vigorously to ensure the flavour cube is fully dissolved.
Now add the warm milk to the cooked flour and Butter mixture in one pour.
Put the pan back on the heat, stir it continuously with a hand baloon whisk
until it boils and becomes very thick.
Discard the whisk and use a wooden spoon now, to beat the double-thick sauce
to a glossy smoothness.
Allow it to cook a little longer, then remove it from the heat.
Pour all the thick sauce into the bowl with the Chicken.
Mix thoroughly.
Put this to cool in the fridge.

Meanwhile, whisk up your egg-whites to a stiff peak.
Get a skillet ready - lightly oiled and fairly hot.

GENTLY, using the edge of a metal spoon, mix the Chicken Mixture through the
Whipped Egg-whites.

Drop Tablespoons of the combined mix into the skillet, a few at a time -
spaced well apart.

Allow the bottom to take on a "Crispy Fried Egg" look and turn over.
Cook the other side.

Eat!

We had these for a late breakfast this morning.
I suppose you COULD omit the sauce altogether, and you COULD use drained
Flaked Tuna instead of chicken, maybe even just minced mushrooms

Anyway, the analysis for these (Whole Mix) follows. Just divide the figures
by how many fritters you get from the mix and eat.

Kilocalories = 891.4 Kcal
Protein = 83.77 Gm
Carbohydrates = 43.64 Gm
(Of which sugars) = 13.16 Gm
Dietary Fibre = 2.010 Gm
Sat Fat = 20.57 Gm
Poly Fat = 4.995 Gm
Mono Fat = 13.76 Gm
Cholesterol = 256.2 mg
Sodium = 691.5 mg

OMIT the sauce altogether (Doesnt either look or taste half as good) and the
analysis is:

Kilocalories = 495.6 Kc
Protein = 73.12 Gm
Carbohydrates = 12.81 Gm
Of which sugar = 3.264 Gm
Dietary Fibre = 1.085 Gm
Fats = 17.64 Gm
Sat Fat = 4.913 Gm
Poly Fat = 3.811 Gm
Mono Fats = 6.427 Gm
Cholesterol = 185 mg
Sodium = 351 mg

So, if you got 12 Fritters from the mix and ate three like I did, you got
10.9 Gm Carbs in that dose, with the Sauce.
A similar portion made without the sauce, is 3.025 Gm Carbs.
(NOT counting the large portion of Salted Cucumber moons I ate with them.)

Cucumber Moons - Peel if you want no skin, and slice a cucumber lengthways.
Scoop out the seeds. Cut the length into thick "Half-Moon" shapes.
Put them on a plate coated with salt, sprinkle on more salt.
Leave 5 minutes.
Drop into a collander and rinse in several running waters.
Drain and let dry.
Pile into a pudding plate and munch with anything handy...

My meter readings....

pp - 5.1
+60 Minutes - 7.3
+120 Minutes - 5.7

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Just invented this

"See Hear" > wrote in message
> Well, I think I just invented it.
> I'm calling it "Chicken Kiev Souffle Fritters"
> Leftover egg-whites from a Sabayon for someone else's Dinner party
> tonight...
> A cooked Chicken leg from yesterday - and a bit of breast too.
> Unfortunately it DOES use an Ounce (Tablespoon) of wheat flour for a
> sauce, but you dont get that much of it...

Sounds good. You could make the sauce with Xanthan gum or similar, to get
the texture without the carbs. Think I'll use some of the leftover Easter
turkey for this.

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.4/<6 T2 DX 05/2004