Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Wonderful omelet

I just had the best omelet!

I minced two scallions and beat them up with two large eggs, a slurp of
cold water, and a sprinkle of salt. Into a hot pan lightly oiled with
canola oil.

When the omelet was almost done, I put a folded slice of ham on one
half, with slivered Monterey Jack cheese on top. On with the cover,
down with the heat. When the cheese was just melted, I put sliced very
ripe avocado on top of the cheese and ham, folded the bare half over the
loaded half, and slid it onto my plate.

Man-oh-man was that good!

Priscilla <burp>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

While ecstatic with you, I have not an iota of what THAT Cheese is.
Is it a cheddar type?
I'd like to try this, sounds very sexy, but dunno what this cheese is.
HELP!??

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
>I just had the best omelet!
>
> I minced two scallions and beat them up with two large eggs, a slurp of
> cold water, and a sprinkle of salt. Into a hot pan lightly oiled with
> canola oil.
>
> When the omelet was almost done, I put a folded slice of ham on one
> half, with slivered Monterey Jack cheese on top. On with the cover,
> down with the heat. When the cheese was just melted, I put sliced very
> ripe avocado on top of the cheese and ham, folded the bare half over the
> loaded half, and slid it onto my plate.
>
> Man-oh-man was that good!
>
> Priscilla <burp>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"See Hear" > wrote:

> While ecstatic with you, I have not an iota of what THAT Cheese is.
> Is it a cheddar type?
> I'd like to try this, sounds very sexy, but dunno what this cheese is.
> HELP!??

Monterey Jack? It's sort of like a very mild cheddar, but a little bit
moister (waxier?). It's available in most large US supermarkets. It's
what I use in burritos and the like as well.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in
message
> In article

>,
> "See Hear" > wrote:
>
> > While ecstatic with you, I have not an iota of

what THAT Cheese is.
> > Is it a cheddar type?
> > I'd like to try this, sounds very sexy, but

dunno what this cheese is.
> > HELP!??

> Monterey Jack? It's sort of like a very mild

cheddar, but a little bit
> moister (waxier?). It's available in most large

US supermarkets. It's
> what I use in burritos and the like as well.
>
> Priscilla

and it's a white cheese, not an orange cheese

kate

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"TigerLily" > wrote:

> "Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in
> message
> > In article

> >,
> > "See Hear" > wrote:
> >
> > > While ecstatic with you, I have not an iota of

> what THAT Cheese is.
> > > Is it a cheddar type?
> > > I'd like to try this, sounds very sexy, but

> dunno what this cheese is.
> > > HELP!??

> > Monterey Jack? It's sort of like a very mild

> cheddar, but a little bit
> > moister (waxier?). It's available in most large

> US supermarkets. It's
> > what I use in burritos and the like as well.
> >
> > Priscilla

> and it's a white cheese, not an orange cheese
>
> kate

The cheddar I use is white as well.

Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have many favoured cheeses, but MILD ones are not among them apart from
Peco Romano and a particular Gruyere from the Vallais/Wallis Canton of
Switzerland
My favourite "Cheddar" Types, are a variant Canadian - "Cracker Barrel Extra
Mature" and a variant New Zealand - "Anchor Special Reserve"
However, I DO have access to the last remaining Cheesemonger in Glasgow,
where a potential purchase is liable to take place over a fairly lengthy
hour or so of Oatcakes and...
MOST mature cheddars work for me, while MILD Cheeses do not, unless the
recipe is specific and tasty enough.
What THIS all boils down to -
Is that this smashing recipe was had by myself for an early Dinner Meal,
today - and the Cheese was - slices from a wheel of Dutch Gouda.
THANKYOU for a very satisfying evening meal.

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "TigerLily" > wrote:
>
>> "Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in
>> message
>> > In article

>> >,

>> what THAT Cheese is.

>> dunno what this cheese is.
>> >
>> > Monterey Jack? It's sort of like a very mild

>> cheddar, but a little bit
>> > moister (waxier?). It's available in most large

>> US supermarkets. It's
>> > what I use in burritos and the like as well.
>> >
>> > Priscilla

>> and it's a white cheese, not an orange cheese
>>
>> kate

> The cheddar I use is white as well.
>
> Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:19:27 -0500, Priscilla Ballou
> wrote:

>I just had the best omelet!
>
>I minced two scallions and beat them up with two large eggs, a slurp of
>cold water, and a sprinkle of salt. Into a hot pan lightly oiled with
>canola oil.
>
>When the omelet was almost done, I put a folded slice of ham on one
>half, with slivered Monterey Jack cheese on top. On with the cover,
>down with the heat. When the cheese was just melted, I put sliced very
>ripe avocado on top of the cheese and ham, folded the bare half over the
>loaded half, and slid it onto my plate.
>
>Man-oh-man was that good!
>
>Priscilla <burp>

We haven't had omelets in quite a while. That sounds so good I can
hardly wait to tomorrow morning. I don't have any plain Jack cheese in
the house but I do have Pepper Jack (Monterey Jack with bits of spicy
pepper in it), that will be good I'm sure.

Andrea2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Andrea2 > wrote:

> We haven't had omelets in quite a while. That sounds so good I can
> hardly wait to tomorrow morning. I don't have any plain Jack cheese in
> the house but I do have Pepper Jack (Monterey Jack with bits of spicy
> pepper in it), that will be good I'm sure.

Hey, if you like spicy... go for it!

I'm not sure how I'm going to follow that wonderful omelet tomorrow
morning. I'll be dashing to work (as opposed to this morning which
started a holiday), so probably it'll just be cheese or salsa in the
omelet, or if I'm really lazy, scrambled eggs.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

This post not CC'd by email
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:19:27 -0500, Priscilla Ballou
> wrote:

>I just had the best omelet!
>
>I minced two scallions and beat them up with two large eggs, a slurp of
>cold water, and a sprinkle of salt. Into a hot pan lightly oiled with
>canola oil.
>
>When the omelet was almost done, I put a folded slice of ham on one
>half, with slivered Monterey Jack cheese on top. On with the cover,
>down with the heat. When the cheese was just melted, I put sliced very
>ripe avocado on top of the cheese and ham, folded the bare half over the
>loaded half, and slid it onto my plate.
>
>Man-oh-man was that good!
>
>Priscilla <burp>

G'day G'day Priscilla,

I am ecstatic reading about omelet making. The omelets that I have
prided myself on making turn out to be omelet souffle or fluffy
omelets. My next task is to master folded omelets.

Love the scallions, avocado and cheese by the way.

Best wishes,
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, >#,#< [

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin

Wonderful Biscuits Bryan[_6_] Baking 8 02-05-2011 07:36 PM
Wonderful Biscuits Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 9 22-01-2011 04:56 PM
Wonderful Website...!!! Chemo the Clown General Cooking 0 05-11-2010 03:46 PM
wonderful venison! Mary General Cooking 4 15-11-2005 12:33 PM
Wonderful discovery! Kate Connally General Cooking 3 05-04-2005 12:53 PM