Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Default Cola or diet cola?

Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now that is
great tasting tea
jacquie

"Donna in Texas" > wrote in message
Julia wrote:
> I used to work at a place that made instant tea in a huge metal
> dispenser. The tea wasn't necessarily kept cold and instead of cleaning
> out
> the dispenser each time they refilled it, they merely added more tea to
> it.
> Often, mold would form in there.

Oh no! I'm a big tea drinker [unsweetened, all my life] and I'll never
look at a nice cold glass of restaurant iced tea the same! The horror!
The desecration! 8-/

Donna

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

jacquie wrote:
> Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now
> that is great tasting tea
> jacquie
>

> "Donna in Texas" > wrote in message
> Julia wrote:
>> I used to work at a place that made instant tea in a huge metal
>> dispenser. The tea wasn't necessarily kept cold and instead of
>> cleaning out
>> the dispenser each time they refilled it, they merely added more tea
>> to it.
>> Often, mold would form in there.

> Oh no! I'm a big tea drinker [unsweetened, all my life] and I'll
> never look at a nice cold glass of restaurant iced tea the same! The
> horror! The desecration! 8-/

Could be worse. At one all-night joint in Sullivan, MO, they served my wife
the worst coffee she ever tasted. I tasted it after a while, and said
"that's hot iced tea". Some idiot had poured the iced tea mix in the coffee
maker.

Then they tried to charge us for it. I kept wishing they had tried on the
large table that filled up after we walked in. It was the entire local
Sheriff's department: they had guns. Do not serve bad coffee to a night
shift cop at 3 AM when he has a gun....

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

jacquie wrote:
> Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now that is
> great tasting tea

My mother used to make it, but I haven't tried it in years. It's raining
right now, but when the sun comes out I think I'll try making some. Thanks
for jogging my memory.

Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
serious---like floor cleaner.)

I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips. I
also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think those
who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
again.

Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Donna

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Donna in Texas" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
> with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
> serious---like floor cleaner.)

The lemon seems to no longer be available here. It was okay. The cherry is
good, but too sweet. I can drink one can on occasion, but then I don't want
any more for a while. Love the lime! It's what I usually drink.

> I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips.

> also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think

those
> who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
> drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
> the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

I haven't tried the 7-Up with Splenda but I hate the Diet Coke with it.
Daughter likes it though.

> Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
> get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
> used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
> again.

I don't like Fresca the way I used to. The new cherry kind is good, but
again too sweet and I can't drink much of it.

> Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
> tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
> cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
> have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Not sure what that would have been.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

"Donna in Texas" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
> with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
> serious---like floor cleaner.)

The lemon seems to no longer be available here. It was okay. The cherry is
good, but too sweet. I can drink one can on occasion, but then I don't want
any more for a while. Love the lime! It's what I usually drink.

> I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips.

> also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think

those
> who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
> drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
> the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

I haven't tried the 7-Up with Splenda but I hate the Diet Coke with it.
Daughter likes it though.

> Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
> get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
> used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
> again.

I don't like Fresca the way I used to. The new cherry kind is good, but
again too sweet and I can't drink much of it.

> Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
> tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
> cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
> have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Not sure what that would have been.

--
See my webpage:

Haven't tried the lime yet ...guess I should. I like Fresca ok...but I like
Diet Squirt better....it's refreshing in the summer.
jacquie

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic
JHA JHA is offline

I've found that Diet Coke with Lime tastes much better when I think of
it as "diet lime soda with Coke added"

Donna in Texas wrote:
> jacquie wrote:
>
>>Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now that is
>>great tasting tea

> My mother used to make it, but I haven't tried it in years. It's raining
> right now, but when the sun comes out I think I'll try making some. Thanks
> for jogging my memory.
>
> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
> with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
> serious---like floor cleaner.)
>
> I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips. I
> also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think those
> who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
> drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
> the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.
>
> Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
> get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
> used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
> again.
>
> Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
> tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
> cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
> have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.
>
> Donna

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

LOL...I like the cherry coke, I usually drink the reg diet coke though. Now
Diet Pepsi tastes like PineSol smells....Must be my taste buds but have
never been able to drink it

jacquie wrote:
> Donna, do you folks in Texas make Sun Tea? We do here in Az ...Now that is
> great tasting tea

My mother used to make it, but I haven't tried it in years. It's raining
right now, but when the sun comes out I think I'll try making some. Thanks
for jogging my memory.

Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried this Diet Coke
with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm
serious---like floor cleaner.)

I have tried the Coke Zero but couldn't even drink it beyond a few sips. I
also don't care for the new Diet Coke sweetened with Splenda. I think those
who like the regular sugared Coke might like it, but I'm so used to diet
drinks that the Diet Coke with Splenda tastes too sweet. However, I like
the Diet 7-Up with Splenda.

Like some others of you, I used to drink Tab. I think I'd only be able to
get it here in the large bottles, but I think I'll try it again. I also
used to like Fresca but haven't drunk that in years. Maybe I'll try that
again.

Back in the mid-60s there was a drink that (I think) was no calorie and it
tasted somewhat like weak ale. It had no alcohol and was just sold on the
cola shelves. Does anyone remember what I'm thinking of? I think it may
have even had the word "ale" somehow incorporated in the name.

Donna

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Donna in Texas wrote:

> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

this Diet
> Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

floor
> cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
"real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
Currently I drink the lime one.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Donna in Texas wrote:
>
>> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

> this Diet
>> Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

> floor
>> cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

> I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
> "real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
> Currently I drink the lime one.

I miss real soda fountain cokes. Way, way back when I was 12 years old (and
diabetic already!), I used to play D&D at a local game store. Halfway
through the Wed. night games, various folks would want drinks from the store
across the street. Since I was very broke, I'd go get the sodas and one guy
in particular, who became a great friend, would buy me a soda.

Real, soda-fountain with just enough cherry syrup added at the time of
mixing the carbonated water with the Coke syrup, combined with complete
time-wasting manic sword-slashing fantasy. Heaven.....

Mind you, we didn't have glucometers back then, and I was being naughty, but
given the manic tension I was exuding, I don't think it kicked my blood
sugar too high.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

When I was 12..back in the stone age we would go to the local Drugstore
fountain and my brother would order cherry coke and I would order lemon
coke

"Nico Kadel-Garcia" > wrote in message

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Donna in Texas wrote:
>
>> Regarding the Diet Cola discussion, have any of you tried

> this Diet
>> Coke with Lemon or Lime or Cherry? To me it tastes like

> floor
>> cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

> I don't remember that the Cherry was made in diet here, only
> "real" Coke. I loved the lemon but they discontinued it.
> Currently I drink the lime one.

I miss real soda fountain cokes. Way, way back when I was 12 years old (and
diabetic already!), I used to play D&D at a local game store. Halfway
through the Wed. night games, various folks would want drinks from the store
across the street. Since I was very broke, I'd go get the sodas and one guy
in particular, who became a great friend, would buy me a soda.

Real, soda-fountain with just enough cherry syrup added at the time of
mixing the carbonated water with the Coke syrup, combined with complete
time-wasting manic sword-slashing fantasy. Heaven.....

Mind you, we didn't have glucometers back then, and I was being naughty, but
given the manic tension I was exuding, I don't think it kicked my blood
sugar too high.

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote in message
link.net...
> When I was 12..back in the stone age we would go to the local Drugstore
> fountain and my brother would order cherry coke and I would order lemon
> coke

I always got a cherry limeade. Never Coke.

--
See my webpage:

Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:23:41 -0600, "Donna in Texas"
> wrote:

> To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm serious---like floor cleaner.)

Hmm. Obviously you have considerable experience. When did
you develop this liking for drinking floor cleaner? Does any
particular brand taste better than others?

How does it affect your BGs?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 2x500mg
Posted to alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes,alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:23:41 -0600, "Donna in Texas"
> > wrote:
>
>> To me it tastes like floor cleaner. (I'm serious---like

floor
>> cleaner.)

> Hmm. Obviously you have considerable experience. When did
> you develop this liking for drinking floor cleaner? Does

any
> particular brand taste better than others?

Heh. Maybe it tastes like the smell, the two are intertwined