KK

Default Marmalade

Hello,

Does anyone have a recipe for sugar-free marmalade ? Is such a thing
possible?

Thanks

KK

Pinot Grigio

"KK" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for sugar-free marmalade ? Is such a thing
> possible?
>
> Thanks
>
> KK

Hi,
I don't have a recipe but have you tried Duerr's Low Carb range of marmalade
and jams? They are available in the low carb section of Sainsbury's. The
marmalade has 5g per 100g of sugars. They don't taste bad except maybe the
Strawberry tastes slightly of sweeteners.

Dennis Rekuta

Pinot Grigio wrote:
> "KK" > wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Does anyone have a recipe for sugar-free marmalade ? Is such a thing
>>possible?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>KK

> Hi,
> I don't have a recipe but have you tried Duerr's Low Carb range of marmalade
> and jams? They are available in the low carb section of Sainsbury's. The
> marmalade has 5g per 100g of sugars. They don't taste bad except maybe the
> Strawberry tastes slightly of sweeteners.

Just remember that if you take any drugs that the grapefruit warning
applies to, marmalade made from seville oranges has the same effect.
Seville oranges contain the same compounds that cause the problem that
grapefruit does.

Dennis (Type 2)

marmalade Ron Dorland[_2_] Preserving 4 18-02-2008 09:28 PM
marmalade Ron Dorland[_2_] Baking 1 27-01-2008 12:44 PM
Lemon marmalade - why have I got liquid on top of set marmalade? aspley General Cooking 3 26-03-2006 02:24 PM
About marmalade George Shirley Preserving 1 26-05-2005 02:46 AM
Marmalade Erica General Cooking 5 13-01-2004 07:22 AM