Alan S

Default What do you have for breakfast on the weekends?

x-posts cut to: alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.chocolate,alt.food.reci pes,
alt.food.wine,aus.org.sage,rec.food.cooking,rec.fo od.drink,rec.food.restaurants

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:19:05 -0500, Alan Moorman >
wrote:

|On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:22:03 +1000, augie > wrote:
|

|>Hmmm
|>Sundays we like to eat out, usually a restaurant by the coast.
|>
|>My preferred breakkie - eggs benedict.
|>Yum.
|>
|>Waterlily at Redcliffe has an exceptional breakfast menu.
|
|I love eggs benedict, but I'm too lazy.
|
|Lately, along with my home brewed cup of black coffee, I've been having a
|Cinnabon roll.
|

|Alan

Hi Alan

I thought you were a T2 like me? Obviously, I was incorrect.

Cinnabon was discussed at length on alt.support.diabetes recently.
I'll repeat myself from a post the

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:05:23 -0800, Jennifer
> wrote:

|Found this for you Madison:
|
|http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/52903.html
|
|The nutritional info isn't on Cinnabons website... but I did find it.
|
|Trouble is, with "hand made" products like this, they are not always a
|uniform size.
|
|Jennifer

Hi Jennifer et al

They're kidding:

fresh-baked cinnamon roll

Manufactured by Cinnabon
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 roll
Amount Per Serving
Calories 730
Calories from Fat 216T
Total Carbohydrates 114.0g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g
Protein 0.0g

Three rolls in a day would exceed the calories I'd feel safe with and
one roll daily is close to the carbs I'd feel safe with.

Without eating anything else.

The expression "to die for" springs immediately to mind as incredibly
accurate for a type 2 diabetic.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Alan S > wrote in
:

> x-posts cut to:
> alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.chocolate,alt.food.reci pes,
> alt.food.wine,aus.org.sage,rec.food.cooking,rec.fo od.drink,rec.food.r
> estaurants
>
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 13:19:05 -0500, Alan Moorman >
> wrote:
>
> |On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:22:03 +1000, augie >
> |wrote:
> |

> |>Hmmm
> |>Sundays we like to eat out, usually a restaurant by the coast.
> |>
> |>My preferred breakkie - eggs benedict.
> |>Yum.
> |>
> |>Waterlily at Redcliffe has an exceptional breakfast menu.
> |
> |I love eggs benedict, but I'm too lazy.
> |
> |Lately, along with my home brewed cup of black coffee, I've been
> |having a Cinnabon roll.
> |

> |Alan
>
> Hi Alan
>
> I thought you were a T2 like me? Obviously, I was incorrect.
>
> Cinnabon was discussed at length on alt.support.diabetes recently.
> I'll repeat myself from a post the
>
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:05:23 -0800, Jennifer
> > wrote:
>
> |Found this for you Madison:
> |
> |http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/52903.html
> |
> |The nutritional info isn't on Cinnabons website... but I did find
> |it.
> |
> |Trouble is, with "hand made" products like this, they are not
> |always a uniform size.
> |
> |Jennifer
> |
> Hi Jennifer et al
>
> They're kidding:
>
> fresh-baked cinnamon roll
>
> Manufactured by Cinnabon
> Nutrition Facts
> Serving Size 1 roll
> Amount Per Serving
> Calories 730
> Calories from Fat 216T
> Total Carbohydrates 114.0g
> Dietary Fiber 1.5g
> Protein 0.0g
>
> Three rolls in a day would exceed the calories I'd feel safe with
> and one roll daily is close to the carbs I'd feel safe with.
>
> Without eating anything else.
>
> The expression "to die for" springs immediately to mind as
> incredibly accurate for a type 2 diabetic.
>

> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

So you can handle 114 g of carbs a day? I thought I was doing good at 35g
a day. Just looking at a cinnamon bun makes my BG rise.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Alan S

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:30:56 GMT, Monsur Fromage du Pollet
> wrote:

|So you can handle 114 g of carbs a day? I thought I was doing good at 35g
|a day. Just looking at a cinnamon bun makes my BG rise.

Some days, not all. Basically, we agree.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Alan S

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 23:30:56 GMT, Monsur Fromage du Pollet
> wrote:

|So you can handle 114 g of carbs a day? I thought I was doing good at 35g
|a day. Just looking at a cinnamon bun makes my BG rise.

Some days, not all. Basically, we agree.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Sherry

Monsur Fromage du Pollet > wrote in
:

<snip>
>> Manufactured by Cinnabon
>> Nutrition Facts
>> Serving Size 1 roll
>> Amount Per Serving
>> Calories 730
>> Calories from Fat 216T
>> Total Carbohydrates 114.0g
>> Dietary Fiber 1.5g
>> Protein 0.0g
>>
>> Three rolls in a day would exceed the calories I'd feel safe with
>> and one roll daily is close to the carbs I'd feel safe with.
>>
>> Without eating anything else.
>>
>> The expression "to die for" springs immediately to mind as
>> incredibly accurate for a type 2 diabetic.
>>

>> Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

> So you can handle 114 g of carbs a day? I thought I was doing good
> at 35g a day. Just looking at a cinnamon bun makes my BG rise.

I can handle 135 grams of carbs per day. But 114 at one sitting? No
way! I try to keep under 45 grams per meal and I usually do fine.

Sherry

Sherry