None Given

"serene" > wrote in message
al.net...

> >> We intend to die in a bizarre sex-related accident. ;-)
> >>
> >> serene

> > Oops - I mislaid the address and phone number. You'll need to re-send.

> *grin* Three seems to be the load limit on our king-sized bed, but
> I'll move your name to the top of the list. ;-)

Shall I slap my hand over swmbo's eyes?

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Alan S

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:00:53 -0600, "None Given"
> wrote:

|"serene" > wrote in message
ual.net...

|> > Oops - I mislaid the address and phone number. You'll need to re-send.
|>
|> *grin* Three seems to be the load limit on our king-sized bed, but
|> I'll move your name to the top of the list. ;-)
|

|Shall I slap my hand over swmbo's eyes?

Um, I just decided not to say what I was about to say.

Hullo dear...

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Alan S

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:00:53 -0600, "None Given"
> wrote:

|"serene" > wrote in message
ual.net...

|> > Oops - I mislaid the address and phone number. You'll need to re-send.
|>
|> *grin* Three seems to be the load limit on our king-sized bed, but
|> I'll move your name to the top of the list. ;-)
|

|Shall I slap my hand over swmbo's eyes?

Um, I just decided not to say what I was about to say.

Hullo dear...

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Julie Bove

"bill" > wrote in message
> I found out I was a diabetic 5 years ago. ... lately I've been lurking

here
> and this is a fine, helpful group.
>
> I don't see much discussion about using splenda
>
> I'd sure like to see some feedback about it

It's fine if you like it. Some people don't like the taste. It's the only
artificial sweetener you can bake with.

--
See my webpage:

Julie Bove

"bill" > wrote in message
> I found out I was a diabetic 5 years ago. ... lately I've been lurking

here
> and this is a fine, helpful group.
>
> I don't see much discussion about using splenda
>
> I'd sure like to see some feedback about it

It's fine if you like it. Some people don't like the taste. It's the only
artificial sweetener you can bake with.

--
See my webpage:

BJ in Texas

None Given > wrote:
|| I have made my Cole Slaw
|| dressing using 3/4 of the amount of Splenda as I used to use
|| sugar,

Sweetner in cole slaw? BJ

BJ in Texas

None Given > wrote:
|| I have made my Cole Slaw
|| dressing using 3/4 of the amount of Splenda as I used to use
|| sugar,

Sweetner in cole slaw? BJ

Priscilla H. Ballou

Julie Bove wrote:

> "bill" > wrote in message
> > I found out I was a diabetic 5 years ago. ... lately I've been lurking

> here
> > and this is a fine, helpful group.
> >
> > I don't see much discussion about using splenda
> >
> > I'd sure like to see some feedback about it

> It's fine if you like it. Some people don't like the taste. It's the only
> artificial sweetener you can bake with.

Other than sugar alcohols.

Priscilla
Ma˘k

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:26:49 -0800, serene >
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:58:15 -0800, Alan S wrote
>(in article >):
>
>> Because I intend to live long enough without complications to die from
>> something completely different. Preferably in my sleep.

>We intend to die in a bizarre sex-related accident. ;-)
>
>serene

oy another World According to Garp incident in the making...

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."
Ma˘k

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:26:49 -0800, serene >
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:58:15 -0800, Alan S wrote
>(in article >):
>
>> Because I intend to live long enough without complications to die from
>> something completely different. Preferably in my sleep.

>We intend to die in a bizarre sex-related accident. ;-)
>
>serene

oy another World According to Garp incident in the making...

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Sherry

"BJ in Texas" > wrote in news:qUEUd.58008$iC4.16767
@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

> None Given > wrote:
>|| I have made my Cole Slaw
>|| dressing using 3/4 of the amount of Splenda as I used to use
>|| sugar,
>
> Sweetner in cole slaw? BJ

Yup - I've seen a lot of cole slaw recipes that include sugar.

Sherry
Sherry

"BJ in Texas" > wrote in news:qUEUd.58008$iC4.16767
@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:

> None Given > wrote:
>|| I have made my Cole Slaw
>|| dressing using 3/4 of the amount of Splenda as I used to use
>|| sugar,
>
> Sweetner in cole slaw? BJ

Yup - I've seen a lot of cole slaw recipes that include sugar.

Sherry
BJ in Texas

Sherry > wrote:
|| "BJ in Texas" > wrote in
|| news:qUEUd.58008$iC4.16767 @newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:
||| Sweetner in cole slaw? BJ
|| Yup - I've seen a lot of cole slaw recipes that include
sugar.
|| Sherry

Yuk!

I'd scratch BMI off the list if your bodyfat is in the "fitness" or
"athlete" range. I'm not sure what it is for women. Its below 18% for
men. Stats

Weight 196
BMI 26.6
Bodyfat% ~15.5%
TOTAL cholesterol 109

Eric

Alan S

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:41:16 GMT, "BJ in Texas" >
wrote:

|Sherry > wrote:
||| "BJ in Texas" > wrote in
||| news:qUEUd.58008$iC4.16767 @newssvr30.news.prodigy.com:
||| Yup - I've seen a lot of cole slaw recipes that include
|sugar.
||| Sherry
|
|Yuk!

I don't know how genuine these are, but according to these sites this
is the recipe for KFC coleslaw:

I haven't worked out the carbs, but with the sugar, milk, and mayo it
looks like lots. Does anyone have a site for KFCs ingredients lists?
Even a single piece of their chicken spikes me!)

http://web.archive.org/web/199801170...cipes.htm#KFC:
or http://www.online-cookbook.com/goto/cook/rpage/00042F

Source:
Kim (from Copycat Recipes)

Serves/Makes:8-10

Ingredients

* 8 cups (1900 ml) cabbage, chopped very fine (1 head cabbage)
* 1 medium carrot, shredded
* 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
* 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
* 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
* 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
* 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonaise
* 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk
* 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) white vinegar
* 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) lemon juice

Preparation

* Be sure the cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very
fine pieces.
* Combine sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonaise, buttermilk,
vinegar and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
* Add the cabbage and carrots and mix well.
* Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
* Let sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours
before serving for a blending of flavors.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

> I won't argue - I was trying to keep the list reasonably simple. I'm
> well aware of the arguments over the Schwarzenegger style exceptions.
> But you can use whatever fitness indicator suits you: BMI,
> waist-to-hip ratio, bodyfat %, or your physician's personal
> assessment.

It does not take much to throw off BMI. At least for "overweight."
The big bodybuilders are pretty much all in the "obese" category and
less than 6% bodyfat during competition. When Arnold was in his prime
it was over 36 at times. There are people today pushing 40.

Eric

None Given

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> Ingredients
>
> * 8 cups (1900 ml) cabbage, chopped very fine (1 head cabbage)
> * 1 medium carrot, shredded
> * 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
> * 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
> * 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
> * 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
> * 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonaise
> * 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk
> * 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) white vinegar
> * 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) lemon juice

I never did like the taste of their slaw, maybe it was the buttermilk taste.
MIL's recipe is simpler, cabbage, sugar, mayo, and red wine vinegar.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

None Given

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> Ingredients
>
> * 8 cups (1900 ml) cabbage, chopped very fine (1 head cabbage)
> * 1 medium carrot, shredded
> * 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
> * 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
> * 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
> * 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
> * 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonaise
> * 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk
> * 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) white vinegar
> * 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) lemon juice

I never did like the taste of their slaw, maybe it was the buttermilk taste.
MIL's recipe is simpler, cabbage, sugar, mayo, and red wine vinegar.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Looie

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:09:17 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"bill" > wrote in message
>> I found out I was a diabetic 5 years ago. ... lately I've been lurking

>here
>> and this is a fine, helpful group.
>>
>> I don't see much discussion about using splenda
>>
>> I'd sure like to see some feedback about it

>It's fine if you like it. Some people don't like the taste. It's the only
>artificial sweetener you can bake with.

Why not bake with a NATURAL sweetener - Stevia!

Peanutjake

Looie > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:09:17 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> >"bill" > wrote in message
> >> I found out I was a diabetic 5 years ago. ... lately I've been lurking

> >here
> >> and this is a fine, helpful group.
> >>
> >> I don't see much discussion about using splenda
> >>
> >> I'd sure like to see some feedback about it

> >It's fine if you like it. Some people don't like the taste. It's the

only
> >artificial sweetener you can bake with.

> Why not bake with a NATURAL sweetener - Stevia!

Because Stvia is a natural POISON.

PJ

ted rosenberg

cc'd by email
Look asshole
stevia scammers selling their poison are not welcome here
so take your poison and
**** OFF

Looie wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:09:17 GMT, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"bill" > wrote in message
>>
>>>I found out I was a diabetic 5 years ago. ... lately I've been lurking

>>here
>>
>>>and this is a fine, helpful group.
>>>
>>>I don't see much discussion about using splenda
>>>
>>>I'd sure like to see some feedback about it

>>It's fine if you like it. Some people don't like the taste. It's the only
>>artificial sweetener you can bake with.

> Why not bake with a NATURAL sweetener - Stevia!

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"

Splenda bfairey General Cooking 7 11-05-2007 05:25 AM
Splenda B&B? Brian Mailman Preserving 2 01-09-2006 09:16 PM
Splenda PackMule64 Diabetic 0 13-06-2006 05:57 AM
Splenda Ed Ahern Diabetic 3 25-02-2006 07:01 AM
Splenda Bill Dunn General Cooking 5 19-06-2004 10:50 PM