Member

Default list of food for a diabetic?

Here i am going to share list of foods which are good for diabetics patients
Bran
Oats
Wheat
Brown rice
Lima beans
Pinto beans
Tomatoes
Turnips
Squash
Dill pickles
Tacoma Personal Trainer

Last edited by riche : 04-10-2014 at 08:49 AM
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10/03/2014 02:54 AM, riche wrote:
> Here i am going to share list of foods which are good for diabetics
> patients
> Bran
> Oats
> Wheat
> Brown rice
> Lima beans
> Pinto beans
> Tomatoes
> Turnips
> Squash
> Dill pickles

Hi Riche,
Did you mean to kill a (T2) diabetic?

Only Turnips and Dill pickles in limited quantities.

Here is a good rule of thumb.

While healing: <= 30 grams of carbs per day

After healing: <= 60 grams of carbs per day
no more than 15 grams at one sitting

What kind of Diabetic are you?

Have you made up your mind which route you want to take
to treat yourself:

1) eat anything you want and use lots of drugs
2) eat moderate carbs and use (less) drugs, or
3) low carb and drug free?

If you have decided to go #2 above, there are a lot
of folks on this group with experience in how to do
it.

If you decide to do the #3 route, I can send you
food pyramids, instructions, etc..

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"riche" > wrote in message

> Here i am going to share list of foods which are good for diabetics
> patients
> Bran
> Oats
> Wheat
> Brown rice
> Lima beans
> Pinto beans
> Tomatoes
> Turnips
> Squash
> Dill pickles

Where did you get that list and why do you say that these are good? That
just makes no sense. In general if you eat foods that are low in carbs,
they aren't going to affect your blood sugar much. But you also need to eat
a balanced diet. Things like bran, oats, wheat, rice and dried beans could
affect your BG (blood glucose). Just how much they will affect it depends
on how much you eat, what you eat them with and how your body works.

As I said in another reply, I can not eat lentils. I can't even eat two
bites of them. They *will* spike me. Thankfully they are not a favorite
food. But I eat beans every single day. Pinto, kidney, black, white, small
red, all kinds. I also eat honey whole wheat bread for breakfast every
morning. I recently started making my own. Yesterday I had two pieces with
margarine. I have a dairy intolerance so can't eat butter. My BG (blood
glucose) was 87 at two hours after I ate. That's a very good number. But
again, that's me. I can't tell you what to eat or not eat. That's what
your meter is there for.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 10/03/2014 02:54 AM, riche wrote:
>> Here i am going to share list of foods which are good for diabetics
>> patients
>> Bran
>> Oats
>> Wheat
>> Brown rice
>> Lima beans
>> Pinto beans
>> Tomatoes
>> Turnips
>> Squash
>> Dill pickles

> Hi Riche,
> Did you mean to kill a (T2) diabetic?

That's not nice Todd and none of those foods will kill anyone unless they
have a life threatening allergy to thekm.

> Only Turnips and Dill pickles in limited quantities.

Nonsense. Both of those are low in carbs. So are summer squashes. And
most winter squashes aren't very high in carbs unless you cook them with
sugar or honey or something like that. Tomatoes are low in carbs. Beans
are high in fiber.

> Here is a good rule of thumb.
>
> While healing: <= 30 grams of carbs per day

Not a good rule of thumb at all. I think you are making stuff up off the
top of your head.

> After healing: <= 60 grams of carbs per day
> no more than 15 grams at one sitting

There is no healing Todd. You either have diabetes or you don't. It
doesn't just have a miracle and you are healed.

> What kind of Diabetic are you?
>
> Have you made up your mind which route you want to take
> to treat yourself:
>
> 1) eat anything you want and use lots of drugs
> 2) eat moderate carbs and use (less) drugs, or
> 3) low carb and drug free?

Please do not listen to Todd. He has some sort of problem. I don't know
what it is but I suspect it is mental.

> If you have decided to go #2 above, there are a lot
> of folks on this group with experience in how to do
> it.

There are not a lot of folks on this group period. There are a handful of
us left.

> If you decide to do the #3 route, I can send you
> food pyramids, instructions, etc..
>
> -T

Again, please do not listen to Todd.