Old 20-05-2014, 01:23 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default A BOINC project helping diabetes research

Do any of you have both a better than average Nvidia-based graphics
board and a desire to use your computer to help advance diabetes research?

If so, you may want to participate in the GPUGRID BOINC project.

http://www.gpugrid.net/

I just received this message from them:

GPUGRID: WU: BI_3
Hi all:

Just sent a new project to the long queue, about 2500WUs, ~100,000
credits each.
In particular, this project will help us to understand how antidiabetic
drugs block its target, but also to develop a better general method for
other targets and drugs involved in other diseases.

Thanks to all!!

I've been participating there for about 5 years.

If you also want to use the rest of your computer to help medical
research, I've found the World Community Grid project to be a good
introduction to BOINC:

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Wait a minute or so for them to show you all the subprojects they are
now working on.

I've now been participating there for about 6 years.

Old 20-05-2014, 01:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" wrote in message
[...]

I'm sorry but I don't know what any of this means. Would this be a
standard computer? Or something else?

Old 20-05-2014, 02:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles wrote:

Do any of you have both a better than average Nvidia-based graphics
board and a desire to use your computer to help advance diabetes research?

If so, you may want to participate in the GPUGRID BOINC project.

http://www.gpugrid.net/

I just received this message from them:

GPUGRID: WU: BI_3
Hi all:

Just sent a new project to the long queue, about 2500WUs, ~100,000
credits each.
In particular, this project will help us to understand how antidiabetic
drugs block its target, but also to develop a better general method for
other targets and drugs involved in other diseases.

Thanks to all!!

No GPU, sorry, but I'm running World Community Grid with the option to
take on whatever they send my way - also [email protected]

Everyone with spare CPU time should join up - the latest breakthrough
in this research system concerned a bad type of childhood cancer.
There are lots of tasks to choose from!