Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default A BOINC project helping diabetes research

Do any of you have both a better than average Nvidia-based graphics
board and a desire to use your computer to help advance diabetes research?

If so, you may want to participate in the GPUGRID BOINC project.

http://www.gpugrid.net/

I just received this message from them:

GPUGRID: WU: BI_3
Hi all:

Just sent a new project to the long queue, about 2500WUs, ~100,000
credits each.
In particular, this project will help us to understand how antidiabetic
drugs block its target, but also to develop a better general method for
other targets and drugs involved in other diseases.

Thanks to all!!

I've been participating there for about 5 years.

If you also want to use the rest of your computer to help medical
research, I've found the World Community Grid project to be a good
introduction to BOINC:

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Wait a minute or so for them to show you all the subprojects they are
now working on.

I've now been participating there for about 6 years.