Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default A BOINC project helping diabetes research

Do any of you have both a better than average Nvidia-based graphics
board and a desire to use your computer to help advance diabetes research?

If so, you may want to participate in the GPUGRID BOINC project.

http://www.gpugrid.net/

I just received this message from them:

GPUGRID: WU: BI_3
Hi all:

Just sent a new project to the long queue, about 2500WUs, ~100,000
credits each.
In particular, this project will help us to understand how antidiabetic
drugs block its target, but also to develop a better general method for
other targets and drugs involved in other diseases.

Thanks to all!!

I've been participating there for about 5 years.

If you also want to use the rest of your computer to help medical
research, I've found the World Community Grid project to be a good
introduction to BOINC:

https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Wait a minute or so for them to show you all the subprojects they are
now working on.

I've now been participating there for about 6 years.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> Do any of you have both a better than average Nvidia-based graphics board
> and a desire to use your computer to help advance diabetes research?
>
> If so, you may want to participate in the GPUGRID BOINC project.
>
> http://www.gpugrid.net/
>
> I just received this message from them:
>

> GPUGRID: WU: BI_3
> Hi all:
>
> Just sent a new project to the long queue, about 2500WUs, ~100,000 credits
> each.
> In particular, this project will help us to understand how antidiabetic
> drugs block its target, but also to develop a better general method for
> other targets and drugs involved in other diseases.
>
> Thanks to all!!
>

> I've been participating there for about 5 years.
>
> If you also want to use the rest of your computer to help medical
> research, I've found the World Community Grid project to be a good
> introduction to BOINC:
>
> https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp
>
> Wait a minute or so for them to show you all the subprojects they are now
> working on.
>
> I've now been participating there for about 6 years.

I'm sorry but I don't know what any of this means. Would this be a
standard computer? Or something else?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles wrote:

> Do any of you have both a better than average Nvidia-based graphics
> board and a desire to use your computer to help advance diabetes research?
>
> If so, you may want to participate in the GPUGRID BOINC project.
>
> http://www.gpugrid.net/
>
> I just received this message from them:
>

> GPUGRID: WU: BI_3
> Hi all:
>
> Just sent a new project to the long queue, about 2500WUs, ~100,000
> credits each.
> In particular, this project will help us to understand how antidiabetic
> drugs block its target, but also to develop a better general method for
> other targets and drugs involved in other diseases.
>
> Thanks to all!!

No GPU, sorry, but I'm running World Community Grid with the option to
take on whatever they send my way - also seti@home

Everyone with spare CPU time should join up - the latest breakthrough
in this research system concerned a bad type of childhood cancer.
There are lots of tasks to choose from!