Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mexicanish meat

Although my end result of this was my version of Spanish rice, you could
make just the meat/veg portion of this and it would be low carb. I used
ground beef but you could use any meat that you like.

Basically I browned the beef (breaking it into bits) with three chopped bell
peppers (different colors), one large Spanish onion, chopped, a can of
chiles, chili powder, adobo seasoning and perhaps too much green Tabasco
sauce. Husband likes a lot of heat in his food. It is a tad much for me.
Reminds me of a hot dip that we used to get at a Mexican place but they put
a lot of melted cheese in it. We ate it not as a dip but with forks. I did
put cheese on husband's portion. Yum! Oh and top with some sliced green
onions.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
Although my end result of this was my version of Spanish rice, you could
make just the meat/veg portion of this and it would be low carb. I used
ground beef but you could use any meat that you like.

Basically I browned the beef (breaking it into bits) with three chopped bell
peppers (different colors), one large Spanish onion, chopped, a can of
chiles, chili powder, adobo seasoning and perhaps too much green Tabasco
sauce. Husband likes a lot of heat in his food. It is a tad much for me.
Reminds me of a hot dip that we used to get at a Mexican place but they put
a lot of melted cheese in it. We ate it not as a dip but with forks. I did
put cheese on husband's portion. Yum! Oh and top with some sliced green
onions.
Sounds yummy. Maybe a little over dose on the bell peppers..burp. lol.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:
: Although my end result of this was my version of Spanish rice, you could
: make just the meat/veg portion of this and it would be low carb. I used
: ground beef but you could use any meat that you like.

: Basically I browned the beef (breaking it into bits) with three chopped bell
: peppers (different colors), one large Spanish onion, chopped, a can of
: chiles, chili powder, adobo seasoning and perhaps too much green Tabasco
: sauce. Husband likes a lot of heat in his food. It is a tad much for me.
: Reminds me of a hot dip that we used to get at a Mexican place but they put
: a lot of melted cheese in it. We ate it not as a dip but with forks. I did
: put cheese on husband's portion. Yum! Oh and top with some sliced green
: onions.

You know that it is seasy to colve the issue of to much heat for one and
too little for the other. Just serve the hot sauce on the side so
everyone can put in exatly as much as they want.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
> : Although my end result of this was my version of Spanish rice, you could
> : make just the meat/veg portion of this and it would be low carb. I used
> : ground beef but you could use any meat that you like.
>
> : Basically I browned the beef (breaking it into bits) with three chopped
> bell
> : peppers (different colors), one large Spanish onion, chopped, a can of
> : chiles, chili powder, adobo seasoning and perhaps too much green Tabasco
> : sauce. Husband likes a lot of heat in his food. It is a tad much for
> me.
> : Reminds me of a hot dip that we used to get at a Mexican place but they
> put
> : a lot of melted cheese in it. We ate it not as a dip but with forks. I
> did
> : put cheese on husband's portion. Yum! Oh and top with some sliced
> green
> : onions.
>
> You know that it is seasy to colve the issue of to much heat for one and
> too little for the other. Just serve the hot sauce on the side so
> everyone can put in exatly as much as they want.

Yes. I thought it was the way I liked. My problem was that it didn't have
enough heat so I just kept adding more and more.