Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mexicanish meat

Although my end result of this was my version of Spanish rice, you could
make just the meat/veg portion of this and it would be low carb. I used
ground beef but you could use any meat that you like.

Basically I browned the beef (breaking it into bits) with three chopped bell
peppers (different colors), one large Spanish onion, chopped, a can of
chiles, chili powder, adobo seasoning and perhaps too much green Tabasco
sauce. Husband likes a lot of heat in his food. It is a tad much for me.
Reminds me of a hot dip that we used to get at a Mexican place but they put
a lot of melted cheese in it. We ate it not as a dip but with forks. I did
put cheese on husband's portion. Yum! Oh and top with some sliced green
onions.