Old 05-02-2014, 08:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Default The World's Best Breakfasts

On 2/4/2014 10:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message ...
Americans are kinda obsessed with breakfast, to the point where we
sometimes eat it for every meal of the day. Except actual breakfast,
as we overslept. Anachronisms aside, breakfast in the US is a sacred
feast that we're absolutely certain we do better than anywhere else in
the world. But do we, really? We examined 18 traditional morning meals
from across the globe and ranked 'em from "least nourishing" to "even
better than French Toast Sticks".

link snipped since I don't know this person

We're obsessed with breakfast? I'm not nor do I know anyone else who
is. I eat toast almost every morning. Why? I don't mind it and I have
to eat. I don't want to eat breakfast but I know if I don't, my BG will
soar.

I don't even like most typical breakfast foods. I could easily do
without bagels, English muffins, waffles, most pancakes (although I did
like plain and corn ones), eggs, sausage, ham, Canadian Bacon, cereal, etc.

Breakfast is, without a doubt, the best meal of the day. It's even more
so when ordered in a restaurant that knows how to serve a good breakfast.

You didn't add crepes to your list of what you don't like, so I'll add
it to my list of foods of the gods. Crepes filled with just about any
berry (except blueberries - they're like eating little pencil erasers)
is beyond awesome.

My ideal breakfast: 1 or 2 (depends on size) strawberry filled crepes,
scrambled eggs, hash browns cooked crispy on the outside, roast beef
hash and fresh coffee. This meal is best enjoyed at a restaurant table
that's by a big window with any kind of view.

IMNSHO

--
DreadfulBitch

I intend to live forever....so far, so good.
......Steven Wright

Old 05-02-2014, 11:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

DreadfulBitch formuleerde de vraag :

wrote in message ...
[...]

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

M.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:10 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

wrote in message ...
[...]

I didn't add them because they were never anything I ate much of. I did
have Crepes Suzette a few times and I made them at home but no way could I
eat them now with my egg intolerance. The meal that you listed is just not
something I'd ever eat even if I didn't have food intolerances or diabetes.
Just doesn't appeal.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
suitable for human consumption.

--
DreadfulBitch

There is no love more sincere than the love of food.
....George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-02-2014, 11:52 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

DreadfulBitch stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually for
dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner, all but
the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee suitable for
human consumption.

I don't even try to make crepes, a pancake is as good as it gets.
Question: what is beef hash?

M.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Maya Zuiderweg gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :
DreadfulBitch stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually for
dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner, all
but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee suitable
for human consumption.

I don't even try to make crepes, a pancake is as good as it gets.
Question: what is beef hash?

M.

OOPS! I meant "roast beef hash".
M.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 5:35 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
suitable for human consumption.

I had a crepe maker that seems to have gotten lost in my last move
some 10 years ago. I used it a few times but they were never as
good as the restaurant prepared ones and those didn't come close
to the ones my mother made when I was young.

To me, crepes are more a light dinner, though these days they're
far too carbish.

Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 9:58 PM, outsider wrote:

Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.

I love cold breakfast pizza, but not all good hot pizzas make good cold
pizza.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:04 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

"Maya Zuiderweg" $no_spam#[email protected]_me_dot_com#maps_on$ wrote in
message ...
Maya Zuiderweg gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :
DreadfulBitch stelde de volgende uitleg voor :
On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
suitable for human consumption.

I don't even try to make crepes, a pancake is as good as it gets.
Question: what is beef hash?

M.

OOPS! I meant "roast beef hash".
M.

Cooked beef and potatoes all chopped up and fried. Husband likes it. I
don't.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/5/2014 7:58 PM, outsider wrote:
On 2/5/2014 5:35 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
On 2/5/2014 5:07 PM, Maya Zuiderweg wrote:

And what do you eat for breakfast when at home?

Most usually cold cereal or a toasted bagel. I make eggs, but usually
for dinner. I make my previously mentioned ideal meal a lot for dinner,
all but the crepes. I've tried to make crepes, but they've never bee
suitable for human consumption.

I had a crepe maker that seems to have gotten lost in my last move
some 10 years ago. I used it a few times but they were never as
good as the restaurant prepared ones and those didn't come close
to the ones my mother made when I was young.

To me, crepes are more a light dinner, though these days they're
far too carbish.

Best breakfast? These days it is cold left-over pizza.

Anyone here click on the link?
http://tinyurl.com/lbao4eo

Here's full version for those afraid of tinyurl:
http://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/...al%20is%20tops

Old 06-02-2014, 06:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote in message ...
[...]

It's not exactly a diabetic friendly meal! Geez.

Cheri

Old 06-02-2014, 06:45 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

wrote in message ...
[...]

I don't click links from people I don't know.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 2/6/2014 12:17 AM, Cheri wrote:

It's not exactly a diabetic friendly meal! Geez.

If you're referring to my meal, Cheri, no, it's not. It's also a meal
that I eat 3, maybe 4 times a year. We have a delightful smalltown, mom
& pop restaurant a few miles north of here and breakfast/lunch/brunch -
whatever you want to call it - is always a real treat. It's a bit
pricey for our budget, but it's great fun and if on the right day the
neighboring antique/junk stores are open and awaiting my arrival. (-:

Old 06-02-2014, 09:03 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote in message
[...]

That too. I had them back in the 80's. Was not diabetic then and I never
ate a whole order. Husband and I would split them.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

On 2/6/2014 12:45 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

wrote in message ...
[...]

That would mean you *never* click a link.