Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default I just did something stupid!

I had typed out almost a whole post here when I realized my mistake!

Last night I accidentally grabbed a can of Minute Maid Light Lemonade. I
thought I had a Lime Diet Coke. The cans do look a little the same at just
a glance. I was really thirsty so began drinking it quickly and began
choking on it. Like really choking badly! I actually prefer this drink
from a fountain. When canned, it can be rather acidic seeming and that's
how this was. We only bought it because we wanted to take advantage of a
super deal on Coke products. We couldn't find what we usually drink so
wound up buying 4 12 packs of this stuff. And as it turns out, nobody but
me will drink it and I have to be in the mood for it.

Anyway... I was choking so much and so badly that I couldn't even get out
of my chair. I needed a drink of water very badly. Angela did ask me if I
was okay. I tried to indicate to her that I was not but I couldn't speak.
Then when she asked me what was wrong, I lifted the can. She thought that I
wanted another one! By this point, my eyes and nose were streaming. I
don't know what caused this reaction as I'd never had it before.

Eventually I was able to go into the kitchen for some water. But for hours
after that, anything I ate or drank caused me to choke. Now that wasn't the
stupid part. The stupid part was looking at the can and seeing the date of
Dec. 2013 and thinking that it was expired.

So I went out to the garage and checked the other packs. Oct. or Nov. of
2013. I thought, that's even worse! And I was kicking myself for buying
expired products. Only after I dumped them all down the sink and got my
arms all sticky from the stuff did I realize that it was in fact NOT expired
at all! So now I just feel doubly stupid.

But... Perhaps it is best that I don't have it because nobody else would
drink it and I sure don't want that sort of reaction again.