Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Diabetes and Statins

Hi All,

FDA is now warning about Diabetes and Statins:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm293330.htm

The Risk of Diabetes:

Diabetes occurs because of defects in the body’s ability
to produce or use insulin—a hormone needed to convert food
into energy. If the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin
or if cells do not respond appropriately to insulin,
blood sugar levels in the blood get too high, which can
lead to serious health problems.

A small increased risk of raised blood sugar levels and
the development of Type 2 diabetes have been reported
with the use of statins.

“Clearly we think that the heart benefit of statins
outweighs this small increased risk,” says Egan. But
what this means for patients taking statins and the
health care professionals prescribing them is that
blood-sugar levels may need to be assessed after
instituting statin therapy,” she says.

By the way, Egan is wrong about the "heart benefit of statins".
Cholesterol does NOT show as a risk factor in autopsies:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf
http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full

And statins can cripple and/or kill you:
Rhabdomyolysis statins, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons...cm293330.htm#4

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
Todd, If you are interested in discussing these things, why don't you ry
alt.support.diabetes. We are pretty much all on that grop(or have chosn
to leve it. ) this is the food group for discussign diabetes food
issues, recipies, etc.

there have been many statin discussions on asd and, Idon't think most of
us are looking for morewhen we come to the food newsgroup. Just a
thought.

Wendy : Hi All,

[...]

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Todd > wrote:
> Todd, If you are interested in discussing these things, why don't you ry
> alt.support.diabetes. We are pretty much all on that grop(or have chosn
> to leve it. ) this is the food group for discussign diabetes food
> issues, recipies, etc.
>
> there have been many statin discussions on asd and, Idon't think most of
> us are looking for morewhen we come to the food newsgroup. Just a
> thought.

Plus one!

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/12/2013 07:45 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Todd > wrote:
>> Todd, If you are interested in discussing these things, why don't you ry
>> alt.support.diabetes. We are pretty much all on that grop(or have chosn
>> to leve it. ) this is the food group for discussign diabetes food
>> issues, recipies, etc.
>>
>> there have been many statin discussions on asd and, Idon't think most of
>> us are looking for morewhen we come to the food newsgroup. Just a
>> thought.

> Plus one!
>
> Cheri

Thank you guys. I got a little over eager to share.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Todd > wrote:
>> Todd, If you are interested in discussing these things, why don't you ry
>> alt.support.diabetes. We are pretty much all on that grop(or have chosn
>> to leve it. ) this is the food group for discussign diabetes food
>> issues, recipies, etc.
>>
>> there have been many statin discussions on asd and, Idon't think most of
>> us are looking for morewhen we come to the food newsgroup. Just a
>> thought.

> Plus one!

Yep. Had to be stern with my Endo. about the statin today. He said I
needed to be on something. I don't think so. But... I also had my blood
tests done fasting today. That might make a difference. We'll see.
Overall cholesterol is low. So I see no need to do a thing.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> FDA is now warning about Diabetes and Statins:
>
> http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm293330.htm
>
> The Risk of Diabetes:
>
> Diabetes occurs because of defects in the body¹s ability
> to produce or use insulin‹a hormone needed to convert food
> into energy. If the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin
> or if cells do not respond appropriately to insulin,
> blood sugar levels in the blood get too high, which can
> lead to serious health problems.
>
> A small increased risk of raised blood sugar levels and
> the development of Type 2 diabetes have been reported
> with the use of statins.
>
> ³Clearly we think that the heart benefit of statins
> outweighs this small increased risk,² says Egan. But
> what this means for patients taking statins and the
> health care professionals prescribing them is that
> blood-sugar levels may need to be assessed after
> instituting statin therapy,² she says.
>
> By the way, Egan is wrong about the "heart benefit of statins".
> Cholesterol does NOT show as a risk factor in autopsies:
>
> http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf
> http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full
>
> And statins can cripple and/or kill you:
> Rhabdomyolysis statins, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050
> http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons...cm293330.htm#4
>
> -T

I had the same opinion 5 stents ago. Now, I'm reconsidering.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/13/2013 11:06 PM, Billy wrote:
> In article >, Todd >
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> FDA is now warning about Diabetes and Statins:
>>
>> http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm293330.htm
>>
>> The Risk of Diabetes:
>>
>> Diabetes occurs because of defects in the body¹s ability
>> to produce or use insulin‹a hormone needed to convert food
>> into energy. If the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin
>> or if cells do not respond appropriately to insulin,
>> blood sugar levels in the blood get too high, which can
>> lead to serious health problems.
>>
>> A small increased risk of raised blood sugar levels and
>> the development of Type 2 diabetes have been reported
>> with the use of statins.
>>
>> ³Clearly we think that the heart benefit of statins
>> outweighs this small increased risk,² says Egan. But
>> what this means for patients taking statins and the
>> health care professionals prescribing them is that
>> blood-sugar levels may need to be assessed after
>> instituting statin therapy,² she says.
>>
>> By the way, Egan is wrong about the "heart benefit of statins".
>> Cholesterol does NOT show as a risk factor in autopsies:
>>
>> http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf
>> http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full
>>
>> And statins can cripple and/or kill you:
>> Rhabdomyolysis statins, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
>> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050
>> http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons...cm293330.htm#4
>>
>> -T

> I had the same opinion 5 stents ago. Now, I'm reconsidering.

Have you measured your homocystein?

Are you taking folates?

Are you taking turmeric?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, Todd >
wrote:

> On 07/13/2013 11:06 PM, Billy wrote:
> > In article >, Todd >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> FDA is now warning about Diabetes and Statins:
> >>
> >> http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm293330.htm
> >>
> >> The Risk of Diabetes:
> >>
> >> Diabetes occurs because of defects in the body1s ability
> >> to produce or use insulinÐa hormone needed to convert food
> >> into energy. If the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin
> >> or if cells do not respond appropriately to insulin,
> >> blood sugar levels in the blood get too high, which can
> >> lead to serious health problems.
> >>
> >> A small increased risk of raised blood sugar levels and
> >> the development of Type 2 diabetes have been reported
> >> with the use of statins.
> >>
> >> 3Clearly we think that the heart benefit of statins
> >> outweighs this small increased risk,2 says Egan. But
> >> what this means for patients taking statins and the
> >> health care professionals prescribing them is that
> >> blood-sugar levels may need to be assessed after
> >> instituting statin therapy,2 she says.
> >>
> >> By the way, Egan is wrong about the "heart benefit of statins".
> >> Cholesterol does NOT show as a risk factor in autopsies:
> >>
> >> http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf
> >> http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full
> >>
> >> And statins can cripple and/or kill you:
> >> Rhabdomyolysis statins, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
> >> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050
> >> http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons...cm293330.htm#4
> >>
> >> -T

> > I had the same opinion 5 stents ago. Now, I'm reconsidering.
> >

> Have you measured your homocystein?

No.

> Are you taking folates?

400 mcg

> Are you taking turmeric?

Yes.
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Hi All,

FDA is now warning about Diabetes and Statins:

FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks

[...]

Is atherosclerosis caused by high cholesterol?

And statins can cripple and/or kill you:
Rhabdomyolysis statins, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
Clinical perspectives of statin-induced rhabdomyoly... [Am J Med. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI
FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks

-T
Well very glad yall jumped into discussing this stuff. Thought I was taking a Statin perhaps..but looked up my med Attenolol? and said No..its a Beta Blocker. Not sure how good it is blocking my betas..but seems to be an ideal combo to keep chronic A Fib and high blood pressure under control. Not to mention all the health supplements. The Doc say it makes my heart not to be running away with itself. Keeps pulse right on the money. Aint caught T-2 yet..lol. What is the deal with beta blockers in other words? lol Hope you keeping that Trophy entertained..lol.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
bigwheel > wrote:

> Todd;1848540 Wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > FDA is now warning about Diabetes and Statins:
> >
> > 'FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks'
> > (http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm293330.htm)
> >
> > The Risk of Diabetes:
> >
> > Diabetes occurs because of defects in the body’s ability
> > to produce or use insulin—a hormone needed to convert food
> > into energy. If the pancreas doesn't make enough insulin
> > or if cells do not respond appropriately to insulin,
> > blood sugar levels in the blood get too high, which can
> > lead to serious health problems.
> >
> > A small increased risk of raised blood sugar levels and
> > the development of Type 2 diabetes have been reported
> > with the use of statins.
> >
> > “Clearly we think that the heart benefit of statins
> > outweighs this small increased risk,” says Egan. But
> > what this means for patients taking statins and the
> > health care professionals prescribing them is that
> > blood-sugar levels may need to be assessed after
> > instituting statin therapy,” she says.
> >
> > By the way, Egan is wrong about the "heart benefit of statins".
> > Cholesterol does NOT show as a risk factor in autopsies:
> >
> > http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/6/847.full.pdf
> > 'Is atherosclerosis caused by high cholesterol?'
> > (http://qjmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/95/6/397.full)
> >
> > And statins can cripple and/or kill you:
> > Rhabdomyolysis statins, statin-induced rhabdomyolysis:
> > 'Clinical perspectives of statin-induced rhabdomyoly... [Am J Med.
> > 2006] - PubMed - NCBI' (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16651050)
> > 'FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks'
> > (http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons...cm293330.htm#4)
> >
> > -T

> Well very glad yall jumped into discussing this stuff. Thought I was
> taking a Statin perhaps..but looked up my med Attenolol? and said
> No..its a Beta Blocker. Not sure how good it is blocking my betas..but
> seems to be an ideal combo to keep chronic A Fib and high blood pressure
> under control. Not to mention all the health supplements. The Doc say it
> makes my heart not to be running away with itself. Keeps pulse right on
> the money. Aint caught T-2 yet..lol. What is the deal with beta blockers
> in other words? lol Hope you keeping that Trophy entertained..lol.

<http://www.theheart.org/article/913561.do>

HYPERTENSION
Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people with
hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal Bangalore
(St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
(cont.)
--
Palestinian Child Detained
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg>

Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/>

Welcome to the New America.
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA736oK9FPg>

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> > Todd > wrote:
> > Todd, If you are interested in discussing these things, why don't you ry
> > alt.support.diabetes. We are pretty much all on that grop(or have chosn
> > to leve it. ) this is the food group for discussign diabetes food
> > issues, recipies, etc.
> >
> > there have been many statin discussions on asd and, Idon't think most of
> > us are looking for morewhen we come to the food newsgroup. Just a
> > thought.

> Plus one!
>
> Cheri

Yes, please, and Susan requested this as well.

Thanks.

Priscilla
- Chris Malcolm
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_8_] View Post
In article ,
bigwheel

(
[...]

2006] - PubMed - NCBI' (Clinical perspectives of statin-induced rhabdomyoly... [Am J Med. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI)
'FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks'
(FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks)

-T

Well very glad yall jumped into discussing this stuff. Thought I was
taking a Statin perhaps..but looked up my med Attenolol? and said
No..its a Beta Blocker. Not sure how good it is blocking my betas..but
seems to be an ideal combo to keep chronic A Fib and high blood pressure
under control. Not to mention all the health supplements. The Doc say it
makes my heart not to be running away with itself. Keeps pulse right on
the money. Aint caught T-2 yet..lol. What is the deal with beta blockers
in other words? lol Hope you keeping that Trophy entertained..lol.

theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions

HYPERTENSION
Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people with
hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal Bangalore
(St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
(cont.)
--
Palestinian Child Detained
Israel military detains 5-year-old Palestinian for 'stone throwing' - YouTube

Remember Rachel Corrie
Rachel Corrie Memorial Website

Welcome to the New America.
Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism - YouTube
Rut row. Thanks for that info. Guess I will just crawl off and die somewhere..sniff sniff.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/14/2013 12:13 PM, Billy wrote:
>> Have you measured your homocystein?

> No.

You should get it tested. Homocystein etches your arteries
(cholesterol is the patch). If you don't get your
homocystein down, you will need stent after stent.

You don't need a doctor to get a test either.
Just call around to the various clinics and
find one you can just walk in. The parameter
as to good and bad will be written on the test
result.

The clinic actually does need a doctor's request -- the
one I go to just has the doctor that runs the clinic
sign off on it for an extra $10.00. These clinics
are easy to find.

>> >Are you taking folates?

> 400 mcg

Make sure it is folate and not folic acid. About
half of us can not covert folic acid to folate.

>> >Are you taking turmeric?

> Yes.

Turmeric is probably what saved my heart/life from the high
BG for the four or so years I walked around not knowing
I had something wrong. (I loved my pastas!)

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/15/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
> <http://www.theheart.org/article/913561.do>
>
> HYPERTENSION
> Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
> OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
> New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people with
> hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
> events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
> slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal Bangalore
> (St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
> 28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
> (cont.)

Take a look at Hawthorn Berries as a mild sub for beta
blockers.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 07/15/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
>> <http://www.theheart.org/article/913561.do>
>>
>> HYPERTENSION
>> Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
>> OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
>> New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people with
>> hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
>> events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
>> slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal Bangalore
>> (St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
>> 28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
>> (cont.)

> Take a look at Hawthorn Berries as a mild sub for beta
> blockers.

Beta Blockers are contraindicated in diabetics.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/18/2013 10:33 AM, Todd wrote:
> If you will indulge me in an off topic follow up, I
> thought the link between homocysteine and heart
> and stroke was well established through autopsy studies.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/heart_c...duction_01.htm

Is this BS?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/17/2013 07:59 PM, Todd wrote:

>> 400 mcg

> Make sure it is folate and not folic acid. About
> half of us can not covert folic acid to folate.

A nice chart on foliate and homocysteine:

http://www.lef.org/protocols/images/...gure_2-big.jpg
Senior Member

[...]

Thanks for that tip. I have my Trophy doing serious research on Hawthorn Berries as we speak. She likes to keep me healthy since I am the one who gets the big checks from the guv'ment.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Bove[_2_] View Post
"Todd" lid wrote in message
On 07/15/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:
theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions

HYPERTENSION
Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people with
hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal Bangalore
(St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
(cont.)

Take a look at Hawthorn Berries as a mild sub for beta
blockers.

Beta Blockers are contraindicated in diabetics.
Contraindicated huh? Dang we have some big words floating around here..lol. Down around Robistown over There..the folks would say...They aint muy stalweirner worth a caca. lol.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
On 07/18/2013 10:33 AM, Todd wrote:
If you will indulge me in an off topic follow up, I
thought the link between homocysteine and heart
and stroke was well established through autopsy studies.

Homocysteine Reduction - Folic Acid, Plasma, Vascular Damage - Life Extension Health Concern

Is this BS?
No no..thats right on the money..thanks for the link. Nearly all of us are lacking in Vitamins D and B. Best get some.

Last edited by bigwheel : 18-07-2013 at 10:09 PM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

A way in which statins DO relate to your diet, and therefore what foods you select:

They tend to destroy an essential nutrient, omega-3 fats. One way to help with this problem is to eat more fish from the colder parts of the ocean, such as salmon and sardines. Note - these same species of fish, but farmed rather than caught wild, usually contain much less omega-3, since they do not have access to the same food supplies as those used by the wild ones.

Robert Miles
T2
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/18/2013 08:09 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
> A way in which statins DO relate to your diet, and therefore what foods you select:
>
> They tend to destroy an essential nutrient, omega-3 fats. One way to help with this problem is to eat more fish from the colder parts of the ocean, such as salmon and sardines. Note - these same species of fish, but farmed rather than caught wild, usually contain much less omega-3, since they do not have access to the same food supplies as those used by the wild ones.
>
> Robert Miles
> T2

Hi Robert,

Great advice. I am trying to get cod -- a nice cold water
fish -- into my diet. Raley's had a Monday $5.00 sale
on their flash frozen full circle cod. They are sitting
in the freezer. Purslane, which I grow (EAT THE WEED!) has
more omega-3 than does fish oil, but that is only a summer
delicacy. So I got to get the fish thing down for the
winter.

On a sad note, researchers are always trying to stab each
other in the back. Here is a peer review on fish oil
where Life Extension takes a guy to task for only
using "40% of the omega-3 plasma levels that ... would be expected
in health conscious people taking the proper dose of fish oil."
And them purported that fish oil did not work. He got reamed
in the review.

http://www.lef.org/featured-articles...or-Fiction.htm

Wow. Thank goodness for peer reviews!

I think the same back stabbing is going with those researchers
that purport that B vits don't help homocysteine. Wonder
how low they had to go on the b vits to prove that? 20%?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/18/2013 01:59 PM, bigwheel wrote:
> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>> ;1849658']"Todd" lid wrote in message
>> ...-
>> On 07/15/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:-
>> 'theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions'
>> (
http://www.theheart.org/article/913561.do)

>> HYPERTENSION
>> Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
>> OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
>> New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people
>> with
>> hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
>> events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
>> slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal
>> Bangalore
>> (St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
>> 28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
>> (cont.)-
>>

>> Take a look at Hawthorn Berries as a mild sub for beta
>> blockers.-
>>
>> Beta Blockers are contraindicated in diabetics.

> Contraindicated huh? Dang we have some big words floating around
> here..lol. Down around Robistown over There..the folks would say...They
> aint muy stalweirner worth a caca. lol.

Hi Big,

I have seen "contraindicated in diabetics" thrown around a lot.
When you read the "why", it is usually something like they
are "hypoglycemic". For us NIDDM's, I have one word. YIPEE!!!

Any reason given in your wife's research?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
: On 07/18/2013 08:09 PM, Robert Miles wrote:
: > A way in which statins DO relate to your diet, and therefore what foods you select:
: >
[...]

Small note-Cod is not an oily fish, so has a low fat content, which means
lee omega 3. that is why salmon , mackerel, bluefish, sardines, shad(an
Easern seabord spring run fish), trout andd sea trout are the kinds of
fish to look for as they are high in fat content. I don't knwo about more
specifically Pacific fish liek pacific snapper and others I saw when in CA
many years ago voe a visit. I fin cod also pretty asteless so it needs
lits of seasoning, etc.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/19/2013 12:37 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Small note-Cod is not an oily fish, so has a low fat content, which means
> lee omega 3. that is why salmon , mackerel, bluefish, sardines, shad(an
> Easern seabord spring run fish), trout andd sea trout are the kinds of
> fish to look for as they are high in fat content. I don't knwo about more
> specifically Pacific fish liek pacific snapper and others I saw when in CA
> many years ago voe a visit. I fin cod also pretty asteless so it needs
> lits of seasoning, etc.
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thank you! You are a blessing!

We do supplement with omega3/epa/dha from Life Extension.
But it is always better to eat the stuff.

The idea behind cod is that it is LOW ODOR. It is the
only fish my best friend will eat. (I still have to try
the Parmesan coating on it that she adores so much
on chicken.)

Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
cod?

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 07/18/2013 01:59 PM, bigwheel wrote:
>> 'Julie Bove[_2_ Wrote:
>>> ;1849658']"Todd" lid wrote in message
>>> ...-
>>> On 07/15/2013 10:55 AM, Billy wrote:-
>>> 'theheart.org: trusted cardiology news and opinions'
>>> (
http://www.theheart.org/article/913561.do)

>>> HYPERTENSION
>>> Reducing heart rate in hypertension is harmful‹or is it just atenolol?
>>> OCTOBER 22, 2008 | Lisa Nainggolan
>>> New York, NY - Slowing the heart rate with beta blockers in people
>>> with
>>> hypertension is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular
>>> events and death, a new systematic review shows [1]. Furthermore, the
>>> slower the heart rate, the greater the risk, report Dr Sripal
>>> Bangalore
>>> (St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, New York) and colleagues in the October
>>> 28, 2008 issue of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
>>> (cont.)-
>>>

>>> Take a look at Hawthorn Berries as a mild sub for beta
>>> blockers.-
>>>
>>> Beta Blockers are contraindicated in diabetics.

>> Contraindicated huh? Dang we have some big words floating around
>> here..lol. Down around Robistown over There..the folks would say...They
>> aint muy stalweirner worth a caca. lol.

> Hi Big,
>
> I have seen "contraindicated in diabetics" thrown around a lot.
> When you read the "why", it is usually something like they
> are "hypoglycemic". For us NIDDM's, I have one word. YIPEE!!!
>
> Any reason given in your wife's research?
>
> -T

It's contraindicated because it can raise BG and *cause* diabetes. It can
also mask the symptoms of hypos.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Todd > wrote:
[...]

Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
can, particularly the local fishes in season.

this discussion of types of fish is really related to this newsgroup,
unlike all the medical stuff I con'tlike to see here. there are two other
groupw that have been suggested to you for such dscussions. don't make
this group go bad so we have no place to discuss food, recipes, etc rather
than the medical stuff we all read about onthe other groups. I Bigwheel
doesn't read on of those groups ther e is no reason he can just move over
to them. There is no fees to join. , Same wt Billy.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/19/2013 02:25 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
> : hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
> : cod?
>
> : -T
>

> Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
> Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
> on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
> can, particularly the local fishes in season.

Thank you!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:23:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I think most of us are here because we don't like forums.

Newsgroups are forums.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:25:46 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>: Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
>: hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
>: cod?
>
>: -T
>

>Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
>Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
>on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
>can, particularly the local fishes in season.
>
>this discussion of types of fish is really related to this newsgroup,
>unlike all the medical stuff I con'tlike to see here. there are two other
>groupw that have been suggested to you for such dscussions. don't make
>this group go bad so we have no place to discuss food, recipes, etc rather
>than the medical stuff we all read about onthe other groups. I Bigwheel
>doesn't read on of those groups ther e is no reason he can just move over
>to them. There is no fees to join. , Same wt Billy.
>
> Wendy

Fresh whole sardines can be bought from many seafood markets and in
many groceries with a fresh seafood counter. They are excellent when
baked.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DonOpple0paad > wrote:
: On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:25:46 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
: > wrote:

: >
[...]

Of course, but are often expensive and most people do get their sardines
from cans, particularly in Nevada, the place , currently at issue.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:08:50 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>DonOpple0paad > wrote:
>: On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:25:46 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
>: > wrote:
>
>: >
>: >: Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
>: >: hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
>: >: cod?
>: >
>: >: -T
>: >
>: >
>: >Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
>: >Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
>: >on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
>: >can, particularly the local fishes in season.
>: >
>: >this discussion of types of fish is really related to this newsgroup,
>: >unlike all the medical stuff I con'tlike to see here. there are two other
>: >groupw that have been suggested to you for such dscussions. don't make
>: >this group go bad so we have no place to discuss food, recipes, etc rather
>: >than the medical stuff we all read about onthe other groups. I Bigwheel
>: >doesn't read on of those groups ther e is no reason he can just move over
>: >to them. There is no fees to join. , Same wt Billy.
>: >
>: > Wendy
>

>: Fresh whole sardines can be bought from many seafood markets and in
>: many groceries with a fresh seafood counter. They are excellent when
>: baked.
>
>Of course, but are often expensive and most people do get their sardines
>from cans, particularly in Nevada, the place , currently at issue.
>
>Wendy

Google "buying fresh seafood in Nevada" and see if any of the 382000
hits comes back with something local to you.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/20/2013 04:06 PM, DonOpple0paad wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:08:50 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> > wrote:
>
>> DonOpple0paad > wrote:
>> : On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:25:46 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
>> : > wrote:
>>
>> : >
>> : >: Are any of your above recommendation (not salmon, she
>> : >: hates salmon) low odor/low (fish) stink, like the
>> : >: cod?
>> : >
>> : >: -T
>> : >
>> : >
>> : >Not particularly, except that sardines are usually from cans like tuna.
>> : >Fresh fish, I find don't particularly smell so it doesn't bother me here
>> : >on the East Coast I can see where in Nevada you don't get is a freshas we
>> : >can, particularly the local fishes in season.
>> : >
>> : >this discussion of types of fish is really related to this newsgroup,
>> : >unlike all the medical stuff I con'tlike to see here. there are two other
>> : >groupw that have been suggested to you for such dscussions. don't make
>> : >this group go bad so we have no place to discuss food, recipes, etc rather
>> : >than the medical stuff we all read about onthe other groups. I Bigwheel
>> : >doesn't read on of those groups ther e is no reason he can just move over
>> : >to them. There is no fees to join. , Same wt Billy.
>> : >
>> : > Wendy
>>

>> : Fresh whole sardines can be bought from many seafood markets and in
>> : many groceries with a fresh seafood counter. They are excellent when
>> : baked.
>>
>> Of course, but are often expensive and most people do get their sardines
>>from cans, particularly in Nevada, the place , currently at issue.
>>
>> Wendy

> Google "buying fresh seafood in Nevada" and see if any of the 382000
> hits comes back with something local to you.

Hi Don,

Nothing is flown in. It all comes in by truck. It fresh for
a few days, then frozen, then thawed at the store (labeled fresh
by the way). The last red snapper I tried tasted like fish head
sauce and raw rotted hamburger. It was so, so GROSS. I downed
two cinulins (cinnamon extract) and did my best not to hurl.
Talk about bubbled popping above my head!

On the bright side, Raley's Full Circle has a flash frozen
on the boat (and still frozen in the store) that is pretty
good. So far Cod is the one the love of my life will
eat.

-T
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07/19/2013 09:44 PM, DonOpple0paad wrote:
>> Yeah. I got annoyed with him a while ago but to me he's one of those people
>> >who could be dangerous to a newbie because of some of his misinformation.
>> >Apparently*he* KFs those who don't agree with him.
>> >

> How do you know he kill filed you?

Hi Don,

Actually I told her so as a courtesy so she wouldn't waste
her time writing me. I also told her it was because she likes
to pick fights.

I truly don't mind if folks disagree with me, as long as they
are gentleman about it. If you only listen to folks that agree
with you, your brain will shrivel like a prune. I love
being around folks who disagree without being disagreeable.

-T

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Todd" > wrote in message
> On 07/19/2013 09:44 PM, DonOpple0paad wrote:
>>> Yeah. I got annoyed with him a while ago but to me he's one of those
>>> people
>>> >

>> How do you know he kill filed you?
>>

> Hi Don,
>
> Actually I told her so as a courtesy so she wouldn't waste
> her time writing me. I also told her it was because she likes
> to pick fights.

I'll still write to you whenever I choose. I just did. Because once again
you posted potentially dangerous and patently untrue information. That
natural medicines have no side effects.

> I truly don't mind if folks disagree with me, as long as they
> are gentleman about it. If you only listen to folks that agree
> with you, your brain will shrivel like a prune. I love
> being around folks who disagree without being disagreeable.

I will never be a gentleman. I am woman. Hear me roar!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 7/20/2013 11:09 PM, Todd wrote:
> On 07/19/2013 09:44 PM, DonOpple0paad wrote:
>>> Yeah. I got annoyed with him a while ago but to me he's one of those
>>> people
>>> misinformation.
>>> >

>> How do you know he kill filed you?
>>

> Hi Don,
>
> Actually I told her so as a courtesy so she wouldn't waste
> her time writing me.

Usenet isn't about bilateral conversations.